Disneyland Guided Tour

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, October 27, 2008, 06:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Hey I was wondering if there is guided tours of The Disneyland Park? It would be good even though I know so much of the park it would be nice if someone told me somethings I don't know. lol. Disneyland California has them I think correct me if i'm wrong and even if there is no tours maybe thats something they can add.

Willow

They have tours in both English and French. They can be booked in City Hall.
I think they usually take you into one of the Star Tours bays if one is available.
I think they are around 10 to 15 euros.

Kristof

There are also guided tours in Spanish, Dutch, German and Italian!  :wink:

Willow

Quote from: "Kristof"There are also guided tours in Spanish, Dutch, German and Italian!  :wink:

Discovery Tours are only available in English and French, it seems.
Only the V.I.P. tours are available in the other languages.

Thats according to DLRP Magic, didn't even realise they did tours of the studios or the V.I.P. tours.

mattboywonder

Has anyone done one of these tours?  Are they worth doing.

I would only be interested if you got to learn some behind the scenes magic etc
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Kristof

QuoteDiscovery Tours are only available in English and French, it seems.

Thats according to DLRP Magic, didn't even realise they did tours of the studios or the V.I.P. tours.

No, all guided tours in both parks are in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch and German, but it switches from day to day.  :)

Medici

Quote from: "mattboywonder"Has anyone done one of these tours?  Are they worth doing.

I would only be interested if you got to learn some behind the scenes magic etc

Hey!

We did such a tour three years ago in German and it was really worth it!

My friend and I were the only one, who booked the tour ( 15 Euro per person) but the tour even took place!!!

It lasted two hours and was very intersting. Our tour guide asked us which tour preferences we might have (e.g focus only one one Land) but wanted to know from every land a little bit. :-)

It was very great, because we were alone with her! Real VIP-status ;-)

I guess the maximum is up to 10 people per tour guide ??!

Have fun and book it early in the morning!

Mathias
[size=85]09/94 - SL
07/95 - NBC
07/96 - NBC
03/99 - WDW - All Star Sports
09/02 - HNY
09/03 - NBC
08/04 - Davy Crockett
08/05 - Holiday Inn & Dream Castle
11/05 - Holiday Inn
02/06 - WDW - Pop Century
08/06 - Davy Crockett & Dream Castle
11/06 - Holiday Inn
06/07 - Dream Castle
01/08 - Explorers Hotel
12/08 - HNY
03/09 - WDW - Pop Century
07/09 - Disneyland Hotel[/size]

Flounder

Quote from: "Medici"I guess the maximum is up to 10 people per tour guide ??!
You're right. If there are more then 10 peeps they'll split you up into 2 groups - so if you are a larger group I highly recommend a reservation. If you do it timely in advance you can choose the time and day by yourself! ;)

Cheers,
Flounder

Timbo

We did the tour about three years ago also (in English) ,we were the only ones on the tour so we felt really special ! It was a nice to do something different in the park as we feel we know every ride and announcement backwards !! We did get to see behind the scenes at Star Tours aswell . The guide said she got all her information from the Sketch to Reality book,which I have so there weren't too many suprises , but it was just great to spend a couple of hours one on one with a Cast Member and ask all those long thought about questions on the Park!!! But well worth doing ,apparently every tour can be quite different depending on the guide and their information  of the Park

Javey74

Are you allowed to video the tour as you go around, and if so, has anyone managed to do it.. :?:  :D

If not, has anyone recorded the actual guides comments whilst going around.. :?:  :D

cheshire cat

We have done the tours in the Disneyland Park and the Studios. They were both fantastic. We also got to go behind the scenes of Star Tours and got to watch it in one of the booths with the lights on. :D/  :D/ .

I would recommend the tours to anyone as they were both well worth the money. You get to learn about how the park was created and the ideas behind it. I thought that the Disneyland park was more interesting, and lasts for about 2 and 1/2 hours. We were given a tip on how to get a huge number of points on Buzz. and on each tour you learn a different tip.  8)  8)  8)

Hope this helps you decide on whether you want to do the tours :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
Where the magic happens..........

adam_goodger

I did the tour last year. As I was the only person on it, it meant that I got to see some very special things that other people didn't get to usually see!

www.disneybrit.com/mousemeets.asp
December 2009

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Willow"
Quote from: "Kristof"There are also guided tours in Spanish, Dutch, German and Italian!  :wink:

Discovery Tours are only available in English and French, it seems.

Sorry for sounding a little, shall we say not with it?(thats being kind I know :P ) but what is the difference beween the V.I.P tour and the discovery? what is the price difference? im presuming that the V.I.P. one is the better of the two? and is it just like having a talking "from Sketch to Reality" book with you? or is it better? :D

My bf promised me we would do this for my birthday on our next visit!! im so excited :D/ we have been trying to make time to do this for the last 3 years
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

experiment627

Quote from: "Willow"Discovery Tours are only available in English and French, it seems.

The guided tours in both parks are available in all 6 official DLRP languages (English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Italian) - depending on Cast Member availability. If you phone them a few weeks in advance they usually can schedule a tour in the language you prefer.

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Sorry for sounding a little, shall we say not with it?(thats being kind I know :P ) but what is the difference beween the V.I.P tour and the discovery? what is the price difference? im presuming that the V.I.P. one is the better of the two? and is it just like having a talking "from Sketch to Reality" book with you? or is it better? :D

V.I.P. tours are not guided tours. A V.I.P. guide will make your DLRP visit a little bit easier for a few hours, like organizing restaurant reservations, reservations for shows and he will let you through the Fast Pass entrances at the attractions that offer this service.
But this is pricy.

The V.I.P. guide may not be someone who can perform a guided tour at the same time! (Any cast member from any devision may become a V.I.P. guide...) Only City Hall cast members are trained for guided tours... So if you prefer to learn more about the parks, their history and the little touches that you might have never seen before, go ahead and book the guided tour.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

At the moment the price for a VIP tour is 400 €. Also it is worth mentioning that if you want to make sure that you get a (regular) Guided Tour in a language other than French and English you should ask for it at least a week ahead, better two.