New Souvenir DVD in 2006

Started by Kristof, January 20, 2006, 10:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

I've just read on DCP that the old floats (Pinocchio, Princesses Staircase, Jungle Book, ...) are include on the bonus WWODP video as well!  8)

Anthony

More info from DCP:

- The menus are in the same style as the new DLRP branding (the new brochures, "believe in your dreams" stuff, etc.), it's just the cover that's in a different style.  Obviously just to attract kids with the characters?

- The main feature uses a story to guide you around the parks.  If I understand correctly, a boy is taking photos of practically everything that moves within the park, before Chip & Dale steal his camera and he has to go in search of it across both parks.  It seems there's a little bit of humour in there, and the starring family is much less unbearable than the one on the first DVD!  Apparently, the style is quite similar to those Kelloggs promotional DVDs which were released in France a couple of years ago.

- The DVD costs 19.90€, the new souvenir book costs 7.50€  The DVD has been spotted at Star Traders and the Boutique du Chateau so far.

Here's a screen capture of a scene from Agrabah Café:

image by DJinspace

Nala_84

Sounds pretty nice what you said about the DVD, doesn't it? :) I've never had a Souvenir DVD or Video, but I guess this one I'll buy next year. I think you could be right, the cover shall surely set the focus on the kids' attention ;) Nice to hear that the menu is held in the style of the  brochures!

Does anyone of you already possess the DVD? Or isn't it out yet?

Sorry to be offtopic now, bur I always wanted to go to the Agrabah Café and it was always closed :(! Is it possible we can go there next year in June (Monday/Tuesday f.e.)?

Edit: Another question ;) What about this Souvenir book? Does anyone have something like this? What's in there, all the souvenirs of the parks? I've never seen something like this before  :oops:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Does anyone of you already possess the DVD? Or isn't it out yet?
It's available now, but perhaps only from certain stores in the parks - it sometimes take a little while for it to reach all of them.  Obviously it is being talked about much more on the French forums because members on there can visit more often and so are more likely to have bought a copy already!

Quote from: "Nala_84"Sorry to be offtopic now, bur I always wanted to go to the Agrabah Café and it was always closed :(! Is it possible we can go there next year in June (Monday/Tuesday f.e.)?
It's very very unlikely, but you never know!  It has been closed years now, and is usually used as an area to take press photos during press events.  With even large restaurants such as Hakuna Matata closed a lot of the time, it's unlikely they'll reopen this one. :(

Quote from: "Nala_84"Edit: Another question ;) What about this Souvenir book? Does anyone have something like this? What's in there, all the souvenirs of the parks? I've never seen something like this before  :oops:
It's basically a photo guide book of the resort.  There have been many others in the past, the most recent was released in 2002, so that's quite a few years ago now.  It just gives you some short descriptions of the attractions and lots of photos.  I guess the french name "Souvenirs de Disneyland Resort Paris" would be better translated to "Memories of Disneyland Resort Paris" or something in English. :wink:

Disneyana

I'll definetly buy the DVD. It sounds much better than the last one. How long is the film and the extras on the DVD ? And is it only available in the named two shops ? Or is there a chance that till September it will be available in the other shops too ?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

Quote from: "Disneyana"I'll definetly buy the DVD. It sounds much better than the last one. How long is the film and the extras on the DVD ? And is it only available in the named two shops ? Or is there a chance that till September it will be available in the other shops too ?
From what I've read, it seems the runtime of the DVD is 1hour.  I can't work out whether that includes the bonus features or not, but I think it does.

It should be available in many more shops across the resort very soon, it's usually the case that new merchandise pops up in one boutique and then gradually appears in others.  I guess they just get products in and stock their shelves on different rotas.  :wink:

Sam

The first one was worth its money because of the extra documentary about the Main Street Electrical Parade (it even lasted longer than the main film!).

I guess the new dvd looks alright, and I'm going to buy it, but it seems to lack something that is new and interesting for the regular Resort visitors (except of course footage of a restaurant that is never open...!).

Kris

The DVD includes around 26mins of footage from the parks and 28mins of bonus extras... if I remember correctly
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Sam

Wow, that ain't much.

I was hoping that the extras weren't included.

This sucks! I guess I won't buy it after all (it least not at full price).

Nala_84

Uh, that's really pretty expensive for so less material :( But maybe I'll buy it anyways--if you tell me whether it's worth the money  :P
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Here's a large scan of the full sleeve, by Raptor1982:

Can anyone who has the DVD give us a review?  It seems like quite a good disc really, if the main feature really is as good as we'd all like it to be...

Kristof

A woman (who you'll never see) is telling a story about her visit to DLRP.  She lost her camera which got passed on to several Disney Characters throughout the movie.  It shows off the resort really well, with nice camera shots and great interaction from the characters.  I loved the old Donald Duck/Chip & Dale vendetta!  

The DVD uses a lot of "new" footage, without using the same old B-Roll images over and over again.  

There are also a few special effects, like the dragon breathing fire and magical Pocahontas leafs.  

If you're a fan, you'll love this DVD because it has:
 - Footage inside Agrabah Café
 - Old parade floats (including the Staircase, Jungle Book, Pinocchio,...)
 - Most of the bonus (like the construction of the castle)

What I didn't like:
 - The Dutch translation refers to Chip and Dale as Tic et Tac (while it's Knabbel en Babbel) and Goofy as Dingo (in Dutch it's just Goofy).
 - The use of certain music, especially during the footage of Mission 2 which was not the original soundtrack.

If you have specific questions, just ask.  8)

Nala_84

Sounds great, raptor! And the image is awesome--Concerning to what I've read in German, I'll surely buy the DVD :) I hope it won't be sold out next June ;)
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

I'm watching the English version now.  No woman narrating now, instead it's a boy!

Animagique001

i'ts a really good Feature.  Not too sure about the Bonus' though :?:
La la la la Animagique !