New Souvenir DVD in 2006

Started by Kristof, January 20, 2006, 10:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Older news about this DVD can be found here:
viewtopic.php?t=391

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Grandmath posts on DCP that a new souvenire DVD is coming to the resort boutiques in March 2006.  
Most of the footage has been filmed past summer.  Buzz Lightyear Laserblast will feature also on the dvd (probably footage from California).  
Bonus on the dvd will be The making of... the dvd...

Discuss  :D

Anthony

You know - I'd totally forgotten about this DVD!  What a nice surprise!  haha :D

I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like, they seem to have put a lot of effort into making it.  The bonus feature "making of" is perhaps a little bit disappointing (they could have put something about the resort's history in there, some archive footage, old tv ads... would have linked in nicely with the 15th anniversary), but it will still be nice to see how they made the video.  We might even spot a few fans taking photos of the cameras!  :lol:

The March release date is perfect to - just in time to catch those crowds for Buzz!

babybert

ooh i want it! how can you buy it?

Jorien

Woohooo!! Great news!!!  :D
Guess i really should start planning a trip then sometime this year.....

Anthony

Is there any new news for this DVD?  It seems to have dropped off the radar completely...  :(

Anthony

Still nothing on the DVD... they must either be waiting until this Summer or holding it back completely and releasing a 15th Anniversary DVD next year, perhaps.

With three new attractions opening next year along with at least one new parade, it does seem a bit stupid to release a DVD right now.

Anthony

Apparently the DVD is now available and is titled "Une Aventure Magique".  dlrp.co.uk says: "The DVD has just been released at the price of €20.00. It includes loads of characters in the parks as a woman remembers her visit. Bonus mini-videos - Disney Cinema Parade, Wonderful World Of Disney Parade and seasons/hotels."

:?

Patrick

Oh forgoodness sake why they release it now, a bit later than March isn't it?  Also I've just been and they were selling off the old ones actually believe they were stocking more on the shelves if Storybook store was anything to go by :lol: .  I just hope it includes decent videos and not rubbish used time and time again official footage like the brochure dvd is.

Disneyana

I really hope this one is better then the old one. The old one was dissapointing in my opinion. But sure I will ´buy the new one on my next trip in september.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

A friend has send me this URL, I don't know yet what the source is.

Extra's include:

- Making of the DVD
- Construction of the Castle
-  Seasons
- Parades
- Hotels

penfold12

Any idea how you can buy it from the UK??

Anthony

Thanks for the image, Raptor!  Is that a new guide book next to the DVD?  You wait for a cool new DLRP souvenir and then two come at once! :lol:

The cover of the DVD looks a little bit cheap, but it sounds like they've put a lot of effort into the actual content of the DVD this time, which is good. :)  I'm looking forward to hearing more about this soon...

Edit: I think the source of the image is DJinspace on Disney Central Plaza. :wink:

Quote from: "penfold12"Any idea how you can buy it from the UK??
Try the official Mail Order Service - almost any item delivered to you from the parks for around €7 postage (FedEx).

Email:   mailto:dlp.mail.order@disney.com">dlp.mail.order@disney.com
Telephone: (33) (1) 64 74 48 48
Fax: (33) (1) 64 74 46 09

Nala_84

Yay, I'm really looking forward to the DVD--will it also be in English or only in French?

I think they should have designed the cover like the new ones of the brochures! But it's the extras that make a good DVD, not the cover ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"I think they should have designed the cover like the new ones of the brochures! But it's the extras that make a good DVD, not the cover ;)
Yes! That would have looked fantastic! :o But you're right it's the actual video that counts - I always get worked up about DVD covers and things, sorry. :lol:

I hadn't thought about the languages... The first DVD featured 6 (i think) languages, which could be cycled through using the normal "Audio" button on your DVD remote, so it was the same video for all.  It was a good system, because the dubbing wasn't too good to start with.  :wink:

Hopefully someone who has the DVD can let us know how it works on the new DVD.  It'll definitely be in French and English at least, I'm sure of that...

Disneyana

The extras sound very good. I'm now really looking forward to buy it. Yes the cover isn't that great. And I would like to know too if this is a new Souvenirbook. The cover of the book is beautiful, although yellow isn't the right colour to fit with the photo.  :?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"