Nicolai's Halloween Trip Report 11th-15th October 2008

Started by DLP-Photos.com, October 15, 2008, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

Well I am not sure about an Australian Disneyland, although it would be good for you Laura :mrgreen: , but I am sure that my next report is here along with my Fotki album (in 15 mins)...

Trip Report Day 3 – Disneyland Park:

Now for the final day of my trip, which of course was magical too!

A photo of the never-ending hallway in which our room was located

We were all packed before we went to bed Monday night, so we decided to check in the luggage at the luggage room before breakfast at 7.45 – Fortunately I got my figurine checked in at the congergerie along with my laptop. Breakfast was great again – this time we had a view of Lake Disney (it was still a bit dark so I regret that I did not bring my camera down to breakfast).

This photo was taken by my mom in the morning

We started the EMH with a photo tour down Main Street U.S.A. – I wanted to take photos of all the 15th anniversary figurines on the castle (can be seen on my fotki album) when the park wasn't that populated. Then we went for Discoveryland – my sister tried Space Mountain again and we all went for a final ride on Buzz. There was a little child in the Buzz Lightyear dress that you can get – my sister said that if she had a boy, she would buy him one too. The mother turned around and said: "It is a GIRL!!" in Danish – a bit akward. But the little girly Buzz stopped the entire queue when she refused to leave the set of the AA Buzz! I reached 99.800 points, so I was not satisfied as I was so close to move up a rank :lol:

After this we went for Peter Pan – again the queue was almost just Danes(we did expect many Danes as we have holiday, but there was actually even more brits, which surprised us a bit, but it was lovely as me and my mom absolutely LOOVE to hear a lot of real british talking :lol:) I tried to record the attraction with the camcorder, but it was almost impossible.

When we came out of Peter Pan the park was almost officially opening, so we went in line to get first to Pirates and we were some of the first to try it this day – the effects wasn't working on this day either, but it was still magical. Afterwards me and my sister wanted to try Indy again, but they were closing it all down with rope and everything – we wasn't hopeful for the rest of the day. Instead we went on Big Thunder and after that we went for Phantom Manor – only to experience the worst experience of the trip.

We were in the elevator with an entire Spanish school class and they just would not shut up, when the cm said: "Silence". Then the TEACHERS (Yes, not the children!) started to do impressions of him and when he told them to be quite in French they just started laughing at him. The teachers kept on working up the class so they ended up talking so loud that I just wanted to shout something not very nice at them! Then the elevator opened for a while and when it began to drive it was without any effects (story as well as the final thunder and darkness) – we thought that this was a result of the school class, but the attraction was broken for a very little while. However throughout the ride you could clearly here the school kids talk and it completely ruined the ride!

At the exit we ran into Jack Skellington, unfortunately he did not bring Sally! But still this character is amazing, I really like his costume! My mom suddenly wanted to try BTM again, so me and my sister would not let this opportunity go as she seldom dare to try it – we got fastpasses so she did not have to stand in a big queue – and she really enjoyed it.

Before trying BTM we just took a drive through the park the Disneyland Railroad – and it is very beautiful and cosy as always ? We also just took a glance at Woody's Round-Up Village, where Woody, Halloween-Mickey, Kenai and Chip'n'Dale were taking photos and signing autographs. I actually think that this is a good little area for the children to get great pictures and autographs, without having to be pushed around by their moms to beat the other children (the lines for autographs are great and necessary – some parents are just crazy!)

This photo is not that good, but I just tried to take a photo inside the tunnel in Pirates of the Caribbean and I captured this skeleton.

Then we went for our traditional leaving-day-lunch at Toad Hall – me and my mom got the Fish'n'Chips Menu, whereas my sister got the Chicken Burger. We planned our last hours in the park so we would achieve as much as possible. We started in IASW, which again was lovely, but they used a bit too many boats which caused a major traffic jam – we actually stopped inside the final scene! :o The same thing happened in Pirates later that day (way too many boats in use).

Just a quick look on the Labyrinth that did seem much brighter from the outside – we didn't go inside though ?

After Pirates we went to Adventure Isle and me and my sister looked towards Indy, but it did not seem to be working yet. After a quick stroll through the Isle we just wanted to go to see if Indy did work and Yes!, this time it did work. The Queue was just 15 mins after being down half a day (that is a bit too little in my opinion) My sister, who tried all the coasters in both parks, actually told me that she found it the worst and wildest ride in both Parks and she wondered why I did not dare SM and Rock'n'Rollercoaster – but the major difference for me is that Indy is outside – I want to be able to see what is going to happen and I do not like the thought of the accelerations of the two others.

After this we went for some final shopping in Emporium and Harrington's, where I bought the Imagineering book and my sister bought another wooden Christmas figurine – this time it was Minnie. My final merchandise was the Limited Edition Band Concert pin, which my mom bought for me – it is awesome and it was one out of app. 5 tribute pins to Walt and the old classics.

Then for Le Grand Finale – Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade, which was amazing to see again. I really, really loved it (and the pre parade). Now we had to leave the park for the last time on this trip, but what a trip it had been! A truly magical time – the magic never ends :D

As the last thing my sister bought some Mickey ears for her dog :lol: while me and my mom bought some sandwiches at New York Style Sandwiches for the ride home!

Although this was the last day report, keep an eye on this topic as I will conclude it eventually with my dvd from the magic (maybe soon or maybe after christmas when I get myself the new MacBook Pro)!

Hope you enjoyed reading this nearly as much as I enjoyed the trip :D

I will be posting the link to my Fotki album as soon as possible...
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

never2old

Great report Nicolai, sad it's now the end! Sounds like you had a really great trip!!

Looking forward to your fotki album, you have some amazing pictures!!

DLP-Photos.com

Here is my Fotki-album:

//http://public.fotki.com/NicolaiKA/dlrp_october2008/

Please post a comment if you want to :D

And remember it is not all over - there will be a video eventually
/Nicolai

Javey74

I certainly enjoyed it Forza.. =D>  =D>  

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to viewing your 'Fotki photo Link' right now, aswell as your DVD footage in the near future.. :D/  :D/

burntsienna

Amazing trip report!
That class would have stressed me out soooooo much, I don't know if I'd have been able to hold my tounge...I'd have been as polite as possible, but its just soooo inconsiderate, specially the teachers being mean about the CM!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Javey74"I certainly enjoyed it Forza.. =D>  =D>  

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to viewing your 'Fotki photo Link' right now, aswell as your DVD footage in the near future.. :D/  :D/

About the dvd I believe it will come in january (long time), because my current pc isn't good enough for the editing program (it is AVCHD files, so they are pretty big to work with)
/Nicolai

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report and pictures, thanks for posting them, I really enjoyed reading it. I'm glad you all had a great trip :)

SophieD

really great trip report and pictures Forza!! i loved reading it!!!

sorry if you've mentioned it but how much is the 'imagineering' book....i've been looking for it everywhere!!!

I've got the same problem with my PC and editing!!!  :x I'm waiting for the new MacBook Pro to come out as well!!!  :P
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

DLP-Photos.com

The Imagineering book was 35 € and I cannot wait for the new MacBook Pro to come out
/Nicolai

SophieD

Quote from: "forza_united"The Imagineering book was 35 € and I cannot wait for the new MacBook Pro to come out
thank you for letting me know!!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

ColdSun

Awesome report, I really enjoyed it. Pics are great as well, also the ones in your Fotki. And I'll definetely keep me eyes open for the DVD ;)...

dagobert

Great trip report again. Thanks for posting it!

And thanks for your answer according your camera.

Epcot_Boy

Thanks for that :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

DLP-Photos.com

Well, now I have finally found the time to begin working on the dvd from my trip as said earlier in this thread.

I will be using it to post "screening" clips until I have the final dvd ready :) so keep your eyes on this thread :lol:
/Nicolai

Javey74

Quote from: "forza_united"Well, now I have finally found the time to begin working on the dvd from my trip as said earlier in this thread.

I will be using it to post "screening" clips until I have the final dvd ready :) so keep your eyes on this thread :lol:
I sure will forza.. :wink:  :D