Nicolai's Halloween Trip Report 11th-15th October 2008

Started by DLP-Photos.com, October 15, 2008, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

@N2O: BTM is awesome at night - the mountain is almost completely dark so you can just see the beautifully lightened Thunder Mesa - Beautiful! :D

About the night shots - I took a lot of them and you will be able to see them on fotki hopefully by tomorrow evening. I am working on day 2 right now and it will be up within an hour...
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Javey74

Brilliant second part there Forza.. =D>  =D>

I always love night shots at DLRP..  :wink:  :D

Looking forward to the next installment... :D/  :D

DLP-Photos.com

Here is my second report...

Trip Report Day 2 – Walt Disney Studios and shopping evening:

Day 2 began early – we had asked for breakfast at 7.45 to take advantage of the EMH and arrive at the breakfast restaurant before it was completely full. After a good breakfast we went towards the parks. In Disney Village we made a reservation for Café Mickey in the evening. I must say that EMH is a great way to reward guests staying at the hotels and it was some good attractions that were open. My sister tried Space Mountain (First time Mission 2 – she actually found it better) at first – in the meantime me and my mom waited at a bench, where I forgot my sister's boyfriend's expensive HD Camcorder, but fortunately it was there when I realized it – phuh ? After this we tried Buzz for the third time and I was the best again, but still bad :lol: - 75.000.

We walked to the studios for the opening, however, they had already opened so the waiting line for Crush was already 60 mins, but me and my sister went for the queue anyway. I think I saw Kristof in the line (and in the hotel Sunday), is that possible? I really wanted to try this attraction due to the dark ride part, but I was very nervous about the coaster part, so the 60 mins wait was not good as I tend to worry a bit too much about such things. Just before we were to board our car, it broke down! ? This was not what I needed and I ended up being so worried that I felt really sick, so I had to leave the queue, but my sister stayed. She enjoyed the dark ride part but did not fancy the coaster part. I ended up being quite happy that I did not try it.

Shouldn't they look to find a more permanent solution to all these technical problems – it is not great advertising that I (and everybody else) can tell my friends that the ride broke down three times this day.

We did not try Cars (I could not fit into the cars anyway), but I have to say that Toon Studio is a much needed expansion for the studios. It is amazingly themed and the expansion possibilities are obvious. I loved the atmosphere!

After this we went to see Moteurs, Action! I do believe that my sister was very impressed. Me and my mom was just as impressed at the two first times we watched it. Everything went great although the motorbike went on fire to in the "burning man sequence". I think I heard sometime that this is not supposed to happen at all – is this true? The firemen were very quick to turn off the fire in the motorcycle.

Then for the worst experience in the park (with the park bringing the experience, the worst experience at all comes tomorrow). We always get our lunch in Studio 1 at Restaurant En Coulisse. First of all: all the tables were taken and the cast members did not want to open the first floor and all the queues were very long. Then me and my sister was in the queue for 50 minutes and when we came to the desk a couple of german women just shouted their way through the line and they succeeded! It was not that fun to wait almost an hour to get your dinner when all the queues are open during low season.

I loved the Hollywood Boulevard – this is the way the studio should be developing and although I did not try it the Tower of Terror is the single most impressive attraction that I have ever seen! I loved the little Pin Shop on Hollywood Boulevard.

Throughout the day we also tried Animagique, Cinemagique, Studio Tram Tour, Rock'n'Rollercoaster(only my sister) and Flying Carpets before we ended the day with Stitch: Live!, which was very refreshing and very funny. Stitch interacted with a man from Germany, who did not enjoy it at all – he just sad there with his arms crossed answering almost all the questions and comments with a quite "yes" :lol:

We went home to the hotel with my camera before Café Mickey – on the way we grabbed some Ice Cream Scoops from Haägen-Dasz which is my favorite Ice Cream!

Now for Café Mickey – that was amazing! The food was great (I got a custom made Pizza Capriciossa and Baloo's Chocolate Trutti Fruity – Mmmmm) The atmosphere was great, when the first birthday (out of 6) began I just started to clap a long with the song without even thinking. We got some pictures with some characters and especially Eeyore really liked us. He "ran into" me 4 times and kissed me too haha :lol: I would eat at least one dinner here on every one of my future trips!

Eeyore stole my sisters ears to put them on my head - he was a bit crazy :lol:

My Sister's lamb dish

My wonderful dessert - Fruit Fondue :D

After this – SHOPPING TIME. And just as predicted it was very expensive. I bought my WDCC Sleepy figurine and "Sketch to Reality" and my sister bought a wooden Mickey Christmas Figurine, which was lovely. We bought a lot of little stuff too. In the evening in the hotel we packed most of our stuff, so we could get out of the hotel as quick as possible in the morning.

Just a couple of photos from the Newport Bay Store:

I will be back with the last report tomorrow, hope you enjoy the reading although it is very long :lol:
/Nicolai

burntsienna

Wow another great installement! :D
Sorry to hear about the problems with getting your dinner. :(
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Pete's Dragon

Great report Forza ! I just realised from your photos I never went nto the book store on my last visit  :(

ColdSun

I'm loving your trip report and I don't think it's too long :wink: . The pictures are absolutely brilliant as well and I'm looking forward to read about Day 3.

never2old

Great report Nicolai!!

And you have some wonderful pictures, love them! The one of Discoveryland must be one of the best I've ever seen of that area, it looks just perfect!! (can't wait to go back and copy you, he he he....)

Sorry you didn't get to go on Crush (specially after waiting for so long) The same happened to us when we went (and after around 2 hours waiting it broke down again with us in the middle of the rollercoaster bit...) We got on it again straight after, and I confess, I didn't enjoy the rollercoaster much... I was too terrified to enjoy it. Maybe if the queues were better I would try it again, but for now I don't keep a pleasant memory of it...

And I've never seen the bike on fire in the stunt show... so unless they've changed it, I don't think it's meant to happen... (the picture of the window breaking down is brilliant, by the way)

Really looking forward to the rest of your report!

Nala_84

Again, such a great report and brilliant pics, it's much fun to read your report - it's getting me excited for our trip in Nov./Dec.! :)

And I can understand you so much you don't wanna try all the fast rides/rollercoasters - it's absolute the same with me, I also always think too much about it and am scared then :shock: BTM has always been much fun for me, in 2000 I first tried Indy - backwards. Which was fast, but okay too ;)! In 2004, my boyfriend convinced me to also try it forwards.
Last year I first tried SM:M2 for the very first time - I was really nervous and scared, but in the end I loved it :)! The same was with Crush's Coaster. I was scared when I heard the people inside screaming. It was pretty wild, but the spinning wasn't bad at all, so I really liked that, too! It's a shame that it broke down so often when you were there, I ask myself why they can't fix this pretty new ride?!
This year I told myself to try RnRC for the first time. My heart is already beating when I just think about this extreme fast start that everybody's talking about, but I have to be brave and try it :mrgreen:

Was "From Sketch to Reality" still 45 Euros? Maybe I wanna buy it this year too...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Owain

Great report!  :D, Cafe Mickey looks amazing !
Especially the Fruit Fondue !

dagobert

Your nightshots are really great. Did you take them with the SONY-Camery from the first picture? What's the product name of your sony camera. I'm also using a sony, but a compact camera, nevertheless it takes good pictures.

By the way, great trip report so far.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Nala_84"Was "From Sketch to Reality" still 45 Euros? Maybe I wanna buy it this year too...

Yes, it was still 45 euros, but I only saw it two places: Disney Gallery and Harringston's - as far as I could see they didn't even have it in the storybook store, which surprised a bit. It is beautiful so I can really recommend - as can I really with the "Disney Treasures" it is an amazingly beautiful and funny book, but it is a bit expensive too - 68 euros!

Quote from: "dagobert"Your nightshots are really great. Did you take them with the SONY-Camery from the first picture? What's the product name of your sony camera. I'm also using a sony, but a compact camera, nevertheless it takes good pictures.

By the way, great trip report so far.

Yes I took all of my photos with this camera (some of the pictures are my moms or my sisters). It is a DSC H-2 and actually this is a compact camera too - just a big one :lol:
/Nicolai

im totally goofy

excellent night shot of the castle wish mine came out like that  but hey just bought a new camera especially for our trip in january so who knows :D  :D  :D

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "im totally goofy"excellent night shot of the castle wish mine came out like that  but hey just bought a new camera especially for our trip in january so who knows :D  :D  :D

Thanks - You just have to be patient and hold the camera extremely calm (some sort of tripod would be helpful) and then of course no flash.

While waiting for the last day's report I have this funny photo for you. Have anyone else noticed this Mickey sing hanging upside down on the way towards Newport Bay Club?

/Nicolai

Javey74

Brilliant 3rd installment there Forza, I find no report too long, the're all interesting.. =D>  =D>

Love the upside down Mickey..Maybe it's a clue for a future Disneyland Australia.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next installment.. :wink:  :D

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"Brilliant 3rd installment there Forza, I find no report too long, the're all interesting.. =D>  =D>

Love the upside down Mickey..Maybe it's a clue for a future Disneyland Australia.. :lol:  :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the next installment.. :wink:  :D

Oooo I do hope so!
And hopefully it will be built by next year....and built in Brisbane! haha
Near where my Dad lives.. :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"