Dribble Monkey's 1st Trip to DLRP - Day Two

Started by cap'njack, October 13, 2008, 02:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap'njack

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP

5th-10th October 2008

Day 2 - Monday 6th October 2008

Beep...Beep...Beep...Only 6.30am and the phone alarm is already going off! We had decided to make the best use of the EMH and the advantage that we had of being right inside the magic but with only 7 hours sleep it was definatly seeming like a bad idea! Dressed and with the car re-packed by 7.15 it was down to reception to check out and then on to our breakfast appointment at 7.45. As we were checking out who should walk through the hotel but the main Mouse!

Kacee almost passed out with happiness and we managed to get a quick photo for what would turn out to be the first of many meetings with Mickey, none of which were really planned, we were really lucky with meeting characters on this holiday and always seemed to be the characters last child before going back, I think they really enjoyed Kacee playing with them...anyway I digress.Breakfast was rather empty when we arrived but seemed to get rather busy towards 8am. I'd seriously advise getting the earliest or the lates breakfast possible.

Full of food, well Ellie and I were, Kacee was too excited to eat properly and it was off in the car to the Hotel New York which would be our car's home for the next five days and we were at the gates by 8.10am, only 10 minutes after we had hoped for!EMH was brilliant and it was really amazing for Kacee, after strolling down Main Street and taking pictures of everything

it was on to the Carousel for our first ride of the day. After a quick ride on the Carousel we made our way to Dumbo and then on to the teacups. This was to become something of a morning ritual for us! We then headed to Discoveryland and tried Kacee on Buzz Lightyears Lazer Blast which he absoluty hated every second of, however it would be a different story come Wednesday.

EMH over and it was off to Casey's corner for a quick morning snack for the hungry, pregnant wife. While leaving Discoveryland we came across an English family having an altercation with a CM, apparently they were not entitled to have the EMH however they couldn't understand why. I have to say that I was rather mean here and I decided just for the fun to enter Discoveryland using my Dream Pass just to show that I could. Wifey full again we crossed over to the Studios

for opening time and managed to meet Mickey Mouse again, we then did Cars and Flying Carpets before having a quick stroll around the Studio's.

I have to say that I am amazed at how much this park has come on over the past four years, it really is becoming a good little park in it's own right and the placemaking seems to have made a massive difference. I also noticed that the Studios was far busier than it was four years ago which can only be a good sign.*Kacee decided that it was nap time which gave me time to run off and do the Rockin Roller Coaster and then it was off to Disney Village for a spot of window shopping. With Kacee now awake and the time rapidly approaching 2pm it was over to McDonalds for lunch and it really seemed to perk Kacee back up again.Unfortunatly it was now geting on for 3pm and time to go off and find the Campsite, this was actually found with relative ease thanks to the Sat Nav, checked into the campsite which we were relativly dissapointed with to be honest however when it has only cost £39 for 4 nights it doesn't really make sence to complain too much

We had decided to go back to the Parks for Candleabration after unpacking and thought that we would try and find the toll-free route, this was a massive mistake as the road was actually closed and after an hour of driving round the backroads we finally found the campsite again, got back to the Hotel New York around 6.30 and ran through the Village back to the main park in time for Candleabration

(which we actually found a little dissapointing) and a quick dinner from Casey's while watching the show. We arrived back to the Shack at around half nine and collapsed into bed, dreading the alarm sounding the following morning