Dribble Monkey's 1st Trip to DLRP - Day One

Started by cap'njack, October 13, 2008, 01:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cap'njack

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP

5th-10th October 2008

Day 1 - Sunday 5th October 2008

The day started rising at 6am, packing up the last bits of the car before waking up Kacee to get him ready, by 8am and dead on time we were pulling away from our house and starting the 45 minute journey to Dover. With that compleated and check in sorted out it was straight on the ferry for the 2 hour crossing to Dunkerque. The weather was terrible and the crossing was rather bad, Ellie was sick twice and Kacee fell over and hit his head on a table leaving him with a rather nice bump on the head which stayed for the rest of the trip and can be seen in a few pictures.

The journey from Dunkerque to DLRP took just over three hours and was very uneventfull, tolls were 13.60 euro because of the time of day for anyone who is interested. Just before arriving at DLRP we saw a very bad car accident that had only just happened, a 4 car pile up on the motorway. Really makes you think and kinda brought us down from our DLRP high, I can only hope that everyone walked away from that crash with no major injuries however the severity of the crash leaves me thinking otherwise.

We arrived at the hotel Santa Fe just before 5pm,

just as I parked the car three coach loads of people turned up so I grabbed my passport and check in details and ran to beat them, luckily I did and we were checked in within 5 minutes and of to DLRP to buy our Dream Annual Passes. This is where we encountered our first problem, the moron in charge of bringing all paperwork (me) had forgotten to pack the DLRP stuff so we had left our sponsorship form at home along with the vouchers for King Ludwigs that Bob had very kindly sent to us!

Arrived at Guest Relations to buy our AP's after a lovely walk through the Village,

I must say it really has improved over the last 4 years and we were rather happy with the recent improvements made. We bought our AP's without any fuss and the CM spoke perfect English which was a reflief. Into the park and the entrance really is very impressive after 4 years without seeing it, down to the AP Office without stopping to sort out the proper AP's. As we were waiting for our turn to get the AP's created I heard those magic word's 'The Disney Express is coming' and grabbed Kacee and ran outside to be greeted by the Disney Express and who did it have on it....Eyeore!!

Well Kacee was waving like crazy to him and saying 'Daddy, Daddy Eyeore' poor little Monkey was so confused but loved every second of it!

AP's finally sorted and it was on to IASW for Kacee's first ever ride at Disneyland Paris,

well excited didn't quite cover it, he loved every second of the ride and was to become a firm favorate for the holiday. Kacee named the ride 'Croc' because of the topairy Crocodile at the exit to the ride and also because of the noise the clock made. Next it was on to POTC, which Kacee cried the whole way round, I think that tiredness and excitement started to get the beter of him. Off of POTC and on to the Disneyland Railroad at Main Street

for one whole go around the park before exiting the park into the Villiage for a McDonalds dinner as no-one felt like any sort of sit down meal. Browsed the shops for a bit and made a mental note of an Eyeore teddy for the wife and a hoody for myself and then it was the long walk back to the very comfy but desperatly in need of a lick of paint Santa Fe hotel for bedtime.

15yearsofMagic2008

Awww the baby is so cute!Looks like you had a nice time ! was there a parade on based on Halloween.Because i have NEVER been there at halloween.It's a small world is a good 1st ride , it was my 1st ride to !
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro