Kids Carnival 2006

Started by Dlrpfan, January 17, 2006, 06:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlrpfan

:arrow: This is the official topic for the 2006 Kids Carnival.  Please post anything to do with the festival right here! :D

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"Enyone know what kids carnaval 06 will be like?
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

The same as last year!  :idea:

Anthony

Yeah, the press release and text i've seen about the festival makes it sound like it'll be pretty much exactly the same, which is very surprising.  Usually the seasons change a lot each year, but it seems they were pretty happy with how the Kids Carnival turned out last year!

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some alterations with the costumes and props, the decorations around "Carnival Square" and perhaps/hopefully with the DJ, but the carnival will still feature the Under the Sea and Jungle Book carnival parades plus the finale where they join together.

They built such a good season with it last year that they don't really need to expand it yet, they're still getting use out of the original props/costumes, and perhaps in a year or two when the carnival season is more well-known, they'll expand it to keep people coming back.  :)

Dlrpfan

cool thanks for helping me out! :D
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Looks like Carnival Square is exactly - and I mean exactly - the same as last year!  Take a look:

Large image: //http://perso.wanadoo.fr/vinh1980/carna87.jpg

Photos from Dark Vador: http://forum.aceboard.net/931-3467-8505 ... s-2006.htm

They're putting the decorations up a little bit early, aren't they?  Maybe it's so that guests will understand that they're changing seasons and the flower beds aren't always just a pile of soil!  :?

flor

It's strange to see all the decorations already. Other years they keep the decorations hidden till the premiere on the first day of the season with those ugly green things :s
Perhaps they didn't this time cause there's nothing new.

Dlrpfan

That happend with xmas too
Dan

Anthony

Things just got a bit more exciting!  Some new concepts were released by the resort today...

Check out these BRAND NEW costumes/props/characters which will be used in the carnival mini-parades this year:

All are ©Disney of course!  :wink:

How AWESOME do these look??!!  :o I already loved the look of last year's costumes and props, so it's great to see them continuing the great design style and incorperating more characters at the same time.

I can remember that last year a lot of people were annoyed/upset that Ariel wasn't involved in the "Carnival Under the Sea" mini-parade (and rightly so), so it's brilliant to see that they've obviously taken this onboard and designed that beautiful coach for her!  I'm presuming that the animated Ariel is there just for the purposes of the design, and that it will infact be the real-life WWODP-style Ariel there...  :?

I'm just a little bit more excited about the return of this season now...  :D What do you think about these new concepts?

Patrick

They seem really great and nice to see Ariel in the mini parade, she should have been anyway, one thing I'm confused by is you have sabastian and now Ariel, so where's Flounder :lol: .  Over all so wonderful to see the ideas never stop coming out for the season which sems to be growing by the looks of things :D .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"They seem really great and nice to see Ariel in the mini parade, she should have been anyway, one thing I'm confused by is you have sabastian and now Ariel, so where's Flounder :lol: .  Over all so wonderful to see the ideas never stop coming out for the season which sems to be growing by the looks of things :D .
That's a good point - where is flounder? :lol:  It's strange that they would introduce a Pinocchio character (Cleo) when they don't even have all the main ones from The Little Mermaid covered yet...  :?

Poppy The Monkey

Fantastic News!

We are flying out to DLRP on Monday, and I was getting quite disapointed about the lack of innovation for this year's carnival season.

I loved it last year, but it is always nice to see something new.

And looks like we're getting it - even if it is only a few new things.

Kristof

An EPC friend showed me once a whole bunch of concept art for Kids' Carnival.  Flounder was in it, so that makes 3 of us wondering why he didn't made it in the end.  :?

Dlrpfan

Hi
What are all the different parades going to be for Carnival?
Dan

Anthony

Hope you have a great time during the carnival, Poppy! :wink:

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"Hi
What are all the different parades going to be for Carnival?
Last year, there were 3 different parades, although they all shared some of the same characters and props... Let me explain:

Carnival Under the Sea
This was a Little Mermaid-themed carnival mini-parade, featuring all of the under the sea characters and props.

Carnival of the Jungle
This was the Jungle Book-themed mini-parade, with just the jungle characters and props.

Carnival Finale
This was both of the previous mini-parades joined together!

I simplified that as much as possible, I hope I explained the concept ok.  By having three "different" parades, it means there's more for the guests to see and watch and more of an actual "carnival atmosphere", rather than there just being 1 daily parade and that's it.  :)  All of them use different music, and probably present quite nice, different experiences, so I would (of course!) say that it is worth trying to see each one if possible. :D

I i remember correctly, the mini-parades entered "Carnival Square", circled a few times, did a few stops and then left.  They don't follow the normal parade route.

Anthony

There's loads of photos of the Jungle Carnival and Carnival Fever Party here: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=394 here: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=395 and here: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=392 !  :D

Here's a few interesting picks:

Carnival of the Jungle

Donald now leads the way atop the redecorated Carnival King & Queen coach:

It looks like the choreography has been really improved this year, with good formations from the dancers and what looks like a steady flow of dancers and props throughout the parade:

Kaa the snake is now on wheels, with someone on a bicycle pulling him along:

The new vulture:

After circling once, guests (mainly the kids) are invited to join in the carnival:

After the interaction, a Carnival King and Queen are chosen and taken up onto the special mini-float (this happens for every carnival parade):

More shots of the cool new choreography:

The CMs assisting have bright new costumes, which look nice and warm too:

Your thoughts?