Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Yeah,
Any maybe just maybe .... they could add in a few themselfs!  :lol:
Like a huge cheese car for the Ratatoullie characters?  :o
Probs not  :(

Poppy The Monkey

Quote from: "Kinou"Yeah I heard the DCP would run only on the weekends starting october. Does that still in the plans Poppy ?

Hello Kinoo,

They have changed this for the time being and the parade will continue to run everyday until January, when it will most likely be cut for good.

No news yet on which cars are coming, but it is sure that the star wars and muppet cars will not appear.

Kristof

Thanks Poppy the Monkey for the updates.  

For those who want to see photos from the parade, I've uploaded the Stars & Motor Cars parade album last week here:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/m ... emId=19914

(link updated)

smurfy74

I quite liked the star wars one shame, I dont expect to see the power rangers either, but the idea of a ratatouille one sounds fun, I like the look of the parade - we will have to wait and see I suppose

Anonymous

That Luke Skywalker looks a bit dodgy though, and what happened to Leia's buns?  :?

Problem is with having a Star Wars theme is that the actors faces are so iconic now to Star Wars that it seems a bit lame having a 'lookalike' in a parade. Doesn't matter with Vader and masked characters.

Maybe we should have a car full of slave girl Leia's, then we wouldn't be looking at their faces.

:lol:

Imagineer

I really like this parade (unless the power ranger unit...). Lightning and Tow Mater are soooo incredible! I think kids go crazy when they see them.

Maarten

Quote from: "Imagineer"I really like this parade (unless the power ranger unit...). Lightning and Tow Mater are soooo incredible! I think kids go crazy when they see them.

I'm not sure if we will see Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater in the European version of Stars & Motorcars since they are already featured at Cars Race Rally. Or maybe they will use the cars in the parade as the "real" characters and the cars at the attraction as props.. but I think it will be too unclear. :wink:

anthony2k6

with all the possible cars missing mentioned in this thread, am I the only person who thinks this will be little more than an updated Good Morning Studios parade?  :?

TowMater

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "Imagineer"I really like this parade (unless the power ranger unit...). Lightning and Tow Mater are soooo incredible! I think kids go crazy when they see them.

I'm not sure if we will see Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater in the European version of Stars & Motorcars since they are already featured at Cars Race Rally. Or maybe they will use the cars in the parade as the "real" characters and the cars at the attraction as props.. but I think it will be too unclear. :wink:

Good idea, And whenever a fan, asks one of us shall say that Mickey had made clones of Lightning and Mater.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anonymous

By the same logic you can't have Mickey wandering around because of the statues of him in the parks.

:?

Maarten

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"By the same logic you can't have Mickey wandering around because of the statues of him in the parks.

:?

Sometimes it is impossible to have a statue and the "real" character at the same time. Think about Mike at the Monsters Inc. Scream Scene for example. But there is a difference between a statue (Toon Studio entrance, Fantasia Mickey etc) and a statue trying to represent the character (Mike, Lightning McQueen etc)...

Well, thats the point I was trying to make... we have to find out wether the current cars at Cars Race Rally are ment to be the characters or just props/statues. Remember that there is a huge difference between a statue Mickey (at least the few in Disneyland Resort Paris) and 2 cars at an attraction which are identical to the moving characters/cars like they can be seen in the Star & Motorcars Parade. There has never been a Mickey statue making people wondering if it was the "real" Mickey character or not. With Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater it's a different situation.

howtodeal

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"
Quote from: "Kinou"Yeah I heard the DCP would run only on the weekends starting october. Does that still in the plans Poppy ?

Hello Kinoo,

They have changed this for the time being and the parade will continue to run everyday until January, when it will most likely be cut for good.

No news yet on which cars are coming, but it is sure that the star wars and muppet cars will not appear.

So, does that mean that there will be no parades at WDS in January??  :(
Any idea when is the last day for the Disney Cinema Parade??

Cinder

Quote from: "anthony2k6"with all the possible cars missing mentioned in this thread, am I the only person who thinks this will be little more than an updated Good Morning Studios parade?  :?

I think so too.  :?   The cars are very nice, but it doesn't feel like a "real" Disney parade.

sydney71

Hi

I'm off on Sunday.  What parades can I expect to see in the Studios then?

disneyspells1

The parade is the studios is at 1.30pm, it has characters from mickey, minnie, chip 'n' dale, toy story, mary poppins , pinoccio etc..... it is good.  I know it's silly to say but we go to see it everyday as no two days are the same as a character may do something silly or someone may be added or taken away.  I would also recommend going to see the stunt show and the studio tram tours too.