Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TowMater

QuoteStars and Motor Cars just doesn't seem right for that usual early afternoon slot... but as either a morning or evening parade, it would be perfect!

I agree aswell but if they kept DCP and get rid of the Good Morning Walt Disney Studios Parade then the Stars and Motor Cars Parade will be in the morning to have a larger morning parade.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anthony

*BUMP*

So as you might have read, Block Party Bash has been confirmed for MGM and that leaves Disney Stars and Motor Cars without a home...

Interesting. :)

Filip

I must say I dont like the cinema parade... It looks cheap a bit, it is old and it can not be compared to the regular disneyland parade at all. That is what i think is one of the reasons people can not take walt disney studios the same way as disneyland park. I just hope it will be replaced by something new

The Butlin Boy

I've got to say that having the stars in motor cars parade coming over to paris is something that I hope will happen, due to the fact that the cinema parade is unfortunately becoming old and is starting to show it's age. To have that come to paris would be the icing on the cake for the studios --- 4 new attractions + HSM and other entertainment + Toon Studio and Hollywood boulevard theming + a new parade =  :o  :wink:

Patrick

Why is everyone saying Cinema Parade looks old :? , it's only 5 freaking years old, my god we lived with Classics, WWODP, WWODP (Revised version), Princess Parade, WWODP (the 3rd revival :lol: ) and then Princess Parade (Revival) for a whole 15 years :P , how can the cinema parade be old.  To me the parade is not looking any worse for wear and since they introduced the show stops it definately has reversed its popularity to me.

I really hope Stars and Motorcars does not come to Paris, it seems like the most cheap and boring parade idea Disney ever had.  Plus the Cinema Parade's theme of making a movie fits so much more to the Walt Disney Studios and don't anyone try to backfire with oh but we have Hollywood Studios.  It's still a movie MAKING studio, not a Hollywood that never was, aka Disney MGM Studio.  If it does have to sadly make its way over the ocean hope it is used as Good Morning Walt Disney Studios, or I feel it will be the end for the great morning parade :( .

Kristof

At least DCP looks like a Disney parade, which cannot be said from Stars and Motor Cars.  It looks as boring in real life as it's on pictures.

15MagicalYears

Yeah I don't call characters in cars a parade.
More like traffic in the middle of a theme park  :roll:

Disneyana

I don't want the SAMCP to come to WDS too. This parade has nothing special. It's just almost the same as the GMWDS. For me the DCP can stay for a couple of years. I like this parade. It has a great theme which goes through the whole parade and a lot of nice characters. And this parade doesn't look by far old.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Nala_84

It's not that I don't like the Disney Cinema Parade, but compared to the OUADP, it becomes more and more... well, maybe not boring, but really a bit "old-fashioned" and lazy... don't get me wrong, but I'd have nothing against a new parade for the studios after 6 years!

The picture of the Toy Story car I saw on dlrptoday was great I think! Okay, I haven't seen the SAMCP in reality, but I think the idea of nice coloured, shiny cars with all our favorite studio characters is really great and fits much more to a studio, "filmy" movie park?! :)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kinou

Disney Cinema parade try to look like a Disney parade but it looks LAME because of the ridiculous size of the floats and the uglyness of it. Whereas Motorcars parade is much more in the Studios theme. It's a procession like we could have seen in the big Hollywood Premiere, it's totally Toon Studios. The characters shoot their movies in TS then go to the premiere at Cinémagique :D! When I Saw the MOTORCARS PARADE in Florida last septembre, I thought it ws a lot of fun. LOADS of characters and the music is great (with the arrivals comments like in the premieres and big events.). It will look less cheap than the DCP which is a total mess.
Hug it out bitch !

TowMater

I didn't liked the Stars & Motor Cars Parade, The first time I saw it was good but to me, It looks like a bunch of traffic with characters & dancers walking in front of the cars.  :|

As for the Cinema Parade, At first I didn't liked it but I've started to like it since Minnie's float broken down, I must be intrested into breakdowns.  :wink:

Previous Disney Visits

Poppy The Monkey

Stars and Cars will arrive in 2009!! DCP was due to be phased out soon (running only on weekends then not at all from March 08') but the full time running of the parade has been extended for the time being.

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the info Poppy, do you know if all of the cars will be coming over or will some of the cars be cut like when the Fantillusion parade came over from Tokyo?

Kinou

Yeah I heard the DCP would run only on the weekends starting october. Does that still in the plans Poppy ?
Hug it out bitch !

TowMater

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Thanks for the info Poppy, do you know if all of the cars will be coming over or will some of the cars be cut like when the Fantillusion parade came over from Tokyo?

I doubt the Star Wars, Playhouse Disney & The Muppets cars won't be coming to DLRP.

Previous Disney Visits