Disney's Stars 'n' Cars

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Disney's Stars 'n' Cars is the long-awaited premiere of the vehicles from Florida's Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade in Paris, as part of Mickey's Magical Party. Old-fashioned cars highly-customised to the stars they carry will enter Walt Disney Studios Park from both Toon Studio and Backlot, the two cavalcades meeting on Production Courtyard's Place des Stars for an extended meet 'n' greet.

The final line-up of stars and cars is as follows:
      • Mickey & Minnie
      • Donald & Daisy
      • Snow White
      • Mary Poppins
      • The Little Mermaid
      • Aladdin
      • Mulan
      • Lilo & Stitch
      • Disney Villains
      • Toy Story
      • Monsters, Inc.

Quick Links:
    Project Tracker at WDSfans
    Preview Guide at DLRP Magic!
    News & Rumours at DLRP Today[/list][/list]

Quick Info:

Official text:
      QuoteBeep! Beep! Bling! Bling! It's Disney's Stars 'n' Cars!

It's a party on wheels! And a spin you'll want to be in!

All horns-a-honking, our superstar cars make their entrance. No need to do a doubletake, your beloved Disney stars will be there! And their "rides" have been ultracustomized, Disney-style.

From Aladdin to Sully and Cruella to Ariel, the star-studded cast has rolled out the red carpet to dazzle and delight all their fans in a musical cavalcade. So ready your camera – Disney's Stars 'n' Cars is the moment you've been waiting for!
      Official poster advertisement visual:

[/list][/list]

Disney's Stars 'n' Cars officially premieres at Walt Disney Studios Park from 4th April 2009!

Original Post, when the parade was rumoured to begin as early as Summer 2007:
      Quote from: "raptor1982"From Mr. Entertainment on DLP.info about the Stars and Motor Cars Parade:

This Parade will REPLACE the Walt Disney Studios Parade ( aka PDS) as of summer 2007.
      It is possible that not all of the characters and/or vehicules will be present in the Walt Disney Studios Paris version. No further info is available at present however.

Anthony

No, no, no, no, no, noooooo!!!! The Disney Cinema Parade is the best!  It deserves to run for more than 5 years!!

In total opposition to the Disneyland Park parade rumour, I really hope this one isn't true!

Patrick

Good another person against this, well I already knew you would react like that Ant :lol: , after all you were the one against me with Cinema was the best parade :P , though I totally agree this parade should not end after only 5 years, maybe bring back the parade stops and the cinefolias cast at the beginning if they are not already back, but not stars and motorcars, that's a rubbish parade that should not hit Paris, unless it's a morning parade and not the main feature parade it could work that way :wink: .

babybert

you cant get rid of pds, my fav parade of all time, the best parade for me to be in, bert is the best to play in the [parade! i love doing it, sooo much fun

Anthony

"survived" on Disney Central Plaza forum briefly mentions that this parade may debut in April 2008, to close the 15th Anniversary celebrations...

This makes much more sense, and to me actually makes the rumour seem slightly believeable!

Here's the post: http://forum.aceboard.net/931-3467-8635 ... eautes.htm

babybert

PAT u cant bring back the interactons in pds, they suck! they're horrible! but if they were to adapt them then yes i think they should! but i prefer the parade without the stops!

Patrick

Well what it is is just the length of the parade I remembering lasting longer with the interactions than without, it would be nice to have them back, though not essential in many ways the end interaction is good enough for people standing outside Animagique and Flying Carpets :wink: , though I still stand by my view that it would be a step backwards to bring Stars and Motorcars to Paris, after all to me it's not even classed as a parade.

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"I still stand by my view that it would be a step backwards to bring Stars and Motorcars to Paris, after all to me it's not even classed as a parade.
      I totally agree.  Maybe for a year or two, but they just can't replace Disney Cinema Parade with that thing!

I'm still holding onto the hope that it might just be that they'll bring it to the park to be a full second parade... they could run it at night time and pretend that all the stars are on their way to a movie premiere!!  With all the nice lighting in various colours from the big lighting rigs/towers across the park I think it'd look awesome and provide such an amazing atmosphere to end your day with... :D It would be a perfect time to introduce it too, since hopefully WDS will begin to open later once ToT opens... *dreams*

Kristof

I've uploaded our Stars & Motor Cars parade photos!

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/album310

Maarten

Quote from: "Baloo"
      Quote from: "PATMAGIC"I still stand by my view that it would be a step backwards to bring Stars and Motorcars to Paris, after all to me it's not even classed as a parade.
      I totally agree.  Maybe for a year or two, but they just can't replace Disney Cinema Parade with that thing!

I can't agree more. Last week I saw Disney's Stars & Motorcars Parade at the Disney-MGM Studios. I haven't seen any parade (except for SpectroMagic and this one) because I don't care much for parades. But I wanted to see this one because of the rumours that it will pop up some day at our Walt Disney Studios. And man, I was dissapointed. The cars weren't that impressive at all, and the soundtrack sucked big time compared to the soundtrack of our Cinema Parade. Don't get me wrong; I would be happy to see Stars & Motorcars at our Studios, as long as it is an extra. A second parade, but not as a replacement. Use it as new nighttime parade as Baloo mentioned, or maybe replace the current Good Morning Walt Disney Studios cars with the cars of Stars & Motorcars. Please don't get your hopes to high on this one.  :?

Maarten

It seemed that the Star & Motorcars rumour died a slow death, but now it seems  that we might get the parade after all. Al Lutz wrote an atricle at //http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al032707b.htm;

QuoteOnce the Entertainment Department is done rewriting the definition of a white Christmas, they'll be hard at work putting the finishing touches on the new parade headed to DCA in April, 2008. The current working title for this large-scale parade is "The Pixar Play Pals Parade," and you can probably already guess who the stars are going to be.

DCA's Block Party Bash isn't being mothballed in the parade warehouse however. It will be boxed up and shipped out to Florida next winter where it will debut in the Disney Pixar Studios park for the spring.

Yep, the Disney/Pixar Studios. Say it again, and then yet again, and learn to love it, because as we mentioned before, that's the new working title for what used to be known as the Disney MGM Studios theme park. When the Florida version of Midway Mania opens in May, 2008 the plan is to debut Block Party Bash at the same time to clearly cement the Pixar presence in the rebranded theme park.

Privately, the folks at Disneyland's Entertainment Department are a bit hesitant to send the Block Party package out to Orlando however.

So what happens to Disney's Stars & Motorcars Parade when Block Party Bash will debut in the spring of 2008?  :wink:

Japper

I hope it get demolished and that our studios get a brand new parade!

Maarten

Quote from: "Japper"I hope it get demolished and that our studios get a brand new parade!

Who said that Stars & Motorcars will replace the Cinema Parade? Mr Entertainment? Well, his summer 2007 prediction wasn't reliable, so who knows? It can also be a second parade (Good Morning Walt Disney Studios) for example.

shell_ely

it would be great if they had the cars as a extra  parade but they cant remove the cinema parade if anything the studios needs more shows and parades  :ears:

adding more would make people want to stay for the whole day and not just a few hours  :ears:

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"
      Quote from: "Japper"I hope it get demolished and that our studios get a brand new parade!
      Who said that Stars & Motorcars will replace the Cinema Parade? Mr Entertainment? Well, his summer 2007 prediction wasn't reliable, so who knows? It can also be a second parade (Good Morning Walt Disney Studios) for example.
      I totally agree with the second parade idea - Stars and Motor Cars just doesn't seem right for that usual early afternoon slot...  but as either a morning or evening parade, it would be perfect!

I think it might be safe to say that this time in exactly 12 months we'll be welcoming the Stars and Motor Cars to Walt Disney Studios... It's funny - as D-MGM goes Pixar crazy and loses its nice "Hollywood that never was", we get Tower of Terror, Hollywood Boulevard and (well, maybe) Stars and Motor Cars all at the same time! :lol:

I hope if we do get it, that DLRP give it their own spin, like they did with Wishes. :wink: