Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade

Started by Kristof, January 16, 2006, 07:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It's A Small World

On the DisneyLand Paris website it says The spectacular Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade will really get your toes tapping, but look out for a tap on the shoulder, or from the hand (or paw) of a famous Disney Character!  

Does it mean that anyone can dance with the famous Disney Character or is it only kids under 12 years and under 7 years old.

I'm 24 years old young adult but I have special needs. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

aliscrapper

Quote from: "It's A Small World"On the DisneyLand Paris website it says The spectacular Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade will really get your toes tapping, but look out for a tap on the shoulder, or from the hand (or paw) of a famous Disney Character!  

Does it mean that anyone can dance with the famous Disney Character or is it only kids under 12 years and under 7 years old.

I'm 24 years old young adult but I have special needs. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Oh I do hope so!  I'm 36 and would love to dance!!! :D/

_Natalie_x

I saw a video online once I don't think it was from DLP though, where on the dreams of romance show stop, little boys and girls were taken from the crowd to dance the show stop with the princess and princes <3 actually the cutest thing I'd ever seen ! But yes they were all under 10 :'( so unfair, I'd love prince eric to grab me and we waltz in the parade :D hahahahhaa
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

ulak

Very boring this showstops for the people! This have been fairy parade with magical Disney characters in there worlds. Some other people in parade ruins all this fairy atmosphere! Parade is ruining.

They give it in 20th anniversary new parade  - i am so unhappy :(

(sorry for my english)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Pluto2011Pluto

Do they still do interactive show stops.

Where  guests are encourage to take part through accessories, dance moves and other fantastic tricks.

YoYo

We got back last night from our second trip to DLRP and I wanted to say that we had two vastly different experiences of the parade stops.  On our first day we watched along at the very beginning where the parade starts and my daughter was invited to take part in the stop with the princesses.  It was a bit messy but was fairly well controlled by the staff and the kids all seemed to love it, my daughter included.  The next time we positioned ourselves to be close to the princess stop we were round by the castle and it turned into a total scrum with parents shoving their kids through the rows of people, kids were everywhere, parents were screaming at them to go beside a princess, staff were shouting at parents to get back onto the pavement, it was total chaos!  My daughter had again been picked but I ended up going into the fray to get her out as she was clearly terrified, my mum was shoved from behind by a woman pushing her daughter in to this disaster zone.  It was really horrible and quite scary for lots of the kids.  I really hope the interactive stops are cancelled next year if not sooner, my kids loved it last year, in particular watching the princesses dancing with their princes but with the interactive stops it just seems very disjointed and not so magical.

ulak

YoYo - totaly agree! This showstops broken magic!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

littlemermaid83

Does anyone know if they are stopping these stupid show stops for the Halloween Season?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

captain rocket

Here's my comments on the Parade stops having seen them at last.
On Thursday last week I was near the start of the Parade and the show stop was well organised and enjoyable for everyone picture below.

On Friday I was in front of the castle and the experience could not have been more different! There was absolute mayhem! Disney staff rushed around trying to keep order but the tidal wave of determined parents was impossible to resist, I'm a big lad and I was pushed out of the way unceremoniously by some  parents screaming at the tops of their voices to get their own way.  The parade members were swamped and unable to do anything with the kids that were around them despite trying their best.

I have to admit that I did not like the concept of the interactive show stops and  having witnessed the scenes last week I have not changed my mind in any way. How could anyone enjoy this? I felt sorry for the kids and the cast members who must hate this sort of "Interaction"

aliscrapper

Quote from: "captain rocket"Here's my comments on the Parade stops having seen them at last.
On Thursday last week I was near the start of the Parade and the show stop was well organised and enjoyable for everyone picture below.

On Friday I was in front of the castle and the experience could not have been more different! There was absolute mayhem! Disney staff rushed around trying to keep order but the tidal wave of determined parents was impossible to resist, I'm a big lad and I was pushed out of the way unceremoniously by some  parents screaming at the tops of their voices to get their own way.  The parade members were swamped and unable to do anything with the kids that were around them despite trying their best.

I have to admit that I did not like the concept of the interactive show stops and  having witnessed the scenes last week I have not changed my mind in any way. How could anyone enjoy this? I felt sorry for the kids and the cast members who must hate this sort of "Interaction"

Thanks so much for reporting back what you experienced - we were there last month and I'm desperately hoping they stop these interactive stops for my trip next year to celebrate the anniversary. [-o<  [-o<   I think as well as providing some happiness for the children involved in the interactive stops; it could well make some kids upset that they weren't chosen!

captain rocket

The parents of kids in my second picture had no intention of not having their children chosen, they were straight in and the Parade staff were powerless to stop them! The irony is, that their kids looked bewilderd and confused, not really enjoyable for anyone!

aliscrapper

Quote from: "captain rocket"The parents of kids in my second picture had no intention of not having their children chosen, they were straight in and the Parade staff were powerless to stop them! The irony is, that their kids looked bewilderd and confused, not really enjoyable for anyone!

Much the same happened when we were there unfortunately!  

I'm really hoping they stop the parade stops for the anniversary next year! [-o<  [-o<

captain rocket

Just back from DLRP and have'nt seen anyone post anything about the new lead float with Mickey, Minnie, Donald,Pluto,Goofy and Chip and Dale on it. As we all know the Once Upon a Dream float is being converted and I never knew that Disney would put a replacement in the parade. I will post a photo in the next day or two, but would be interested in the opinions of anyone who has seen it! To me it is an aberation and looks like something you would find lashed together for your local carnival, well below the poorest Disney Standards!!

ed-uk

I've seen pictures and videos of the new lead float, it was used in the old Christmas parade and the current tree lighting ceremony. I'm sure it's an old float with a long history. I don't like it in the OUAD parade,  but I can understand it while the OUAD parade float is being converted. It's not a bad idea.
Ed & David

dazzle_v2003

I've seen pictures and video of the float and I do agree it isn't the best but I think it is a better alternative then what they have done previously which is have the characters walk along the parade route. There wasn't a big turn around either from when the float was finished being used for the Xmas tree lighting ceremony and for the start of it's use for the Once Upon a Dream parade.