What are you most looking forward to?

Started by Kristof, January 13, 2006, 11:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you most looking forward to?

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (DLP 2006)
0 (0%)
Crush\'s Turtle Twister (WDS 2007)
2 (20%)
Cars: Radiator Springs Spin Out (WDS 2007)
0 (0%)
Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror (WDS 2008)
7 (70%)
Once upon a dream parade (DLP 2007)
1 (10%)
Stars and Motor Cars Parade (WDS 2007)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: January 13, 2006, 11:36:26 PM

Kristof

Explain!

babybert

Tower of Terror: its such an awesome ride how can i not vote for it!!! hehe

mais, im interested about the ohter 2 new rides mentioned, can someone let me no what they are!

Kristof

Babybert, here's a some information which you can also find in the Toon Studios topic.
viewtopic.php?t=256&start=75

'Toon Town is where the Toons live; it's the place they call home," says WDI senior concept designer Jim Shull. "But Toon Studios is where they go to work. This is a place where people and Toons come together to make animated cartoons. So that leads to a very strange mix of architecture and some unusual, fun props."

It also leads to some unusual and fun attractions. When Toon Studios opens in April 2007, it will include ample areas for interaction with characters; enhanced placemaking surrounding Les Tapis Volants: Flying Carpets Over Agrabah; an area themed as Radiator Springs, the town from the yet-to-be-released Disney-Pixar film Cars, and two new rides.

Cars: Radiator Springs Spin Out will put some good Disney spin on a classic theme park attraction—literally. Guests will board one of three types of cars—Lightning McQueen (the film's hero), Sally (Lightning's girlfriend), or Doc Hudson (the old-timer)—and find themselves spinning out of control on a rotating turntable.

"We're going to recreate a moment from the movie in which Doc Hudson, the old champion racecar, teaches Lightning McQueen how to drive in the desert," says Jim.

Once the dust (and stomachs) have settled, guests can move on to Crush's Coaster, which combines classic dark ride elements like black light and intimate show scenes with a spinning, twisting roller coaster. Guests will board onto the backs of the tubular turtle himself and then be transported into the undersea world of Finding Nemo. Everything is slow and easy at first, but once the vehicle reaches the East Australian Current (EAC), things turn gnarly.

"It'll be like Space Mountain underwater—bubbles, ripples, underwater effects everywhere," says Cory. "We're basically filling the room with our underwater equivalent of stars. We'll come up close to kelp and rockwork and undersea characters—and of course we'll be spinning the whole time. And then we burst through this wall of bubbles at the end."

"This ride is all about surprises," says Jim. "It's things you don't expect to see. You don't expect Nemo and Squirt to come up and talk to you and you don't expect to follow them into their world. And you don't expect a ride vehicle that looks like Crush and starts off slow and mellow to all of a sudden go fast and spin and do these roller coaster maneuvers. And we'll never tell you that you're going to spin until you are actually on the ride."

Anthony

Crush's Turtle Twister, 100%, absolutely!!!!!

Tower of Terror might be the bigger, more important attraction, but Turtle Twister just looks so unique, new and innovative that I honestly still can't believe that it's coming to our resort, in our Walt Disney Studios!!  It seems to have everything - the dark ride, 3D projections, special effects, indoor coaster, spinning cars.... it's just an amazing, amazing design, and I truly cannot believe that in just 1 year's time we'll all be watching them putting the finishing touches to it and seeing the first advertisements...  "Wow, wow, wow", to use the opening line of the film!  I hope it turns out to be as good as it looks on the plans.  :D

flor

As I am a parade lover -> the new parade. I'm looking forward to the new soundtrack!! and the floats ofcourse :d
But TOT definately second place!

Patrick

I have to go with Crush's Turtle Twister, I love these types of coasters and this one will be very fun with dark ride and coaster :D .  A first for a disney park should be great, so I'm looking forward to that the most, even if it's a little childish but what's not in Disney :D .

Masamune

:P I voted Tower of Terror, even though I have a fear of elevators...