Trip report from Sunday 21st to Friday 26th September

Started by alisonauty, September 28, 2008, 11:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alisonauty

Returned on Friday night from our first trip to Disneyland Paris. I am still having with-drawl symptoms and keep looking at my photos.
Thanks to some great tips from this site it made it even more enjoyable;

Day 1 - Arrived at Explorer Hotel and quickly unpacked. Headed straight for Disneyland Park, but arrived just after the parade so it was packed on Main Street so quickly headed for Discoveryland. It was quite busy that evening so accepted the queue times and joined in. Enjoyed the Candlebration and  my two little girls loved their first glimse of Micky and Minnie. We then headed for Space Mountain as we knew it was closing for the rest of our stay. I thought it was a fantastic ride and the baby switch idea was fabulous. However it broke down with my hubby on it and after the initial panic imagining him hanging upside down he reappeared unhappy that he wouldnt get another chance to go on it.

Day 2- Spent the day in Disneyland only managing to cover Discoveryland and  fantasyland but not everything. In the evening went to the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show. Only managed to see first 1/2 hour as my 2 year old didnt like the bangs so I had a pleasureable time wandering around the shops in disney village before the crowd decended. My 5 year old and hubby loved the show. Started to panic about fitting everything in, in the time we had.

Day 3 - Spent the day in Walt Disney Studios. Loved Tower of Terror and my 5 year old went on two times. Crush's Coaster is fantastic and so original.
Managed to complete everything in the park so not worried as much about time now.

Day 4 - Spent the day away from Disney and caught the train into Paris and jumped onto a guide bus to see the sites. A beautiful city with wonderful buildings. We hopped off the bus at the effiel tower and got to the top. A well worth while trip.

Day 5 - Spent another day in Disneyland Paris catching up with the rides and sights we hadn't seen. Bit disappointed with adventure and frontierland but so much to do in the rest of the park. Had lunch at Cafe Mickey and it was worth every penny. Lovely food and a great time with the characters.

Day 6- This day was set aside to do all the things we wanted to do again. We still didnt get to do everything but I am sure we will be back.

Overall had a wonderful time, but spent so much money. Partly my fault as wanted to buy so much for my two littkle girls. Also would be nice to see some variety in Disney Village ie Chinese etc.

Frederico

Sounds like you had a great trip, I have been loads of times now and everytime I walk through the gates it as if it the first time.

Cant wait to go again next month. Bet your two little girls loved it too. I have two boys and they just can't get enough. I am dreading the day they grow out of disney lol.
Talkin \'bout the midnight rambler

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for posting your trip report, I'm glad you had a great time :)

ColdSun

thanks for the report. Glad you had fun and managed to see everything you wanted.

littlemermaid83

You was there the same time as me :D  

Sounds like you had a great time aswell. :)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

Nice trip report! You are right, Disney Village really needs a bigger variety on restaurants. A Chinese or an Indian restaurant would be great.