A new DLRP Mountain

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, September 25, 2008, 01:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Right here is the thing, Disneyland, WDW and TDL all have a mountain ride that no other park has.
Disneyland = Matterhorn or grizzly river run
WDW = Everest
TDL = mt promethius (journey to the centre of the earth)
What do you people on magicforum think it should be called? and what ride should there be in it?

many thanks :D

benjy

I reckon (because it's in europe) it should be based on mont blanc!

I think the ride should be about racing an avalanche down the side of the mountain, there could be problems on the way though like dosging tree's so there are lot of tight turns and things, also the imagineers can go mad with themeing!!

But i don't know the technical side of things will work

Any Ideas??  :-"  :-"
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

The Butlin Boy

I'd like to see a Jungle Book ride, and Splash Mountain, so put the two together and you get a Jungle Book version of Splash Mountain. Why not? :)

Japper

Nooo... Splash Mountain = Song of the South... :) It just has to be that theme :D

Changing it's theme would be like making a Haunted Mansion without the singing heads and the grimming ghost song.. or pirates without yoho yoho

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Japper"Nooo... Splash Mountain = Song of the South... :) It just has to be that theme :D

Changing it's theme would be like making a Haunted Mansion without the singing heads and the grimming ghost song.. or pirates without yoho yoho

Ok then, no Jungle Book...

...So how about the Lion King instead? "Hakuna Matata" :-"

:roll:  :wink:

luke85

I would love Splash Mountain. Although I remember a few months ago reading about an attraction that would be in Adventureland called Pride Mountain, it was to be a Lion King themed EMV attraction i think. That would be quite cool!

does anyone remember reading about this also? unfortunately I don't have the link :(

Remco K.

Quote from: "luke85"I would love Splash Mountain. Although I remember a few months ago reading about an attraction that would be in Adventureland called Pride Mountain, it was to be a Lion King themed EMV attraction i think. That would be quite cool!

does anyone remember reading about this also? unfortunately I don't have the link :(
Yes, actually this is also a fan based project, just like the ones we come up with right here.... Just a little bit worked out more. The drawings of Pride Mountain look pretty good.

So Pride Mountain will never be build. The Imagineers don't take fan based projects.

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "luke85"I would love Splash Mountain. Although I remember a few months ago reading about an attraction that would be in Adventureland called Pride Mountain, it was to be a Lion King themed EMV attraction i think. That would be quite cool!

Yes, actually this is also a fan based project, just like the ones we come up with right here.... Just a little bit worked out more. The drawings of Pride Mountain look pretty good.

So Pride Mountain will never be build. The Imagineers don't take fan based projects.

That sucks!!

why not listen to the fans and what they want? after all we are the ones paying their wages lol
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

a.newton

I don't think they can go too mad with a water ride at DLRP, at least not the type that would get you really wet. I was in Disneyland Resort Anaheim this year, we arrived in the park on the 14th May, at about 4pm. The second ride we did was Splash Mountain, and we got SOAKED! When I say soaked I really mean it; it was like someone a chucked a bucket of water over us, it was running out of our clothes. Of course, it was fun, and you are warned you might get wet/soaked and not everybody got that wet, but even in LA, in the middle of May, we were very cold and uncomfortable after that and soon had to go back to the rooms to get warm and dry.

My point is this; how often would the weather be warm enough at DLRP to risk getting guests that wet? Would it end up just being seasonal, maybe even open for only for 3 or 4 months? That would be a huge disappointment to guests and attract more people to the already busy summer months, while DLRP need more in the winter.

If they could tone down the ride, so you didn't get so wet, that may be OK, but I think the the mountain trees and snow idea would be great, so in my opinion, not too much splashing!

Amanda

TowMater

A Matterhorn/Everest/Splash Mountain type ride would do well and have a Water Coaster, The Matterhorn mountain would do, The Everest track with it going backwards and forwards in the dark, ripped up track, Yeti trying to get the train derailed etc. & Splash Mountain would be a great part of it as the water part would do well for the drops.

Name: A Journey to the Forbidden Mountain
Main addition: Giant animtronic Yeti and an 5 story drop into water
Coaster: Water Coaster
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century