Disney Theme Your Garden

Started by Samninetysix, September 20, 2008, 02:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Don't mean to sound rude here, but what has the last 5 posts got to do with "Disney Theming Your Garden... :?:  :?:  :roll:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Clarebelle"hehe yeah we have a house full of collectables and our attick is full of boxes for things I'm sure we dont have lol

Haha well I'm glad I'm not the only one who has boxes for things I don't have or atleast don't remember buying! lol

I've seen Disney shrubary things...where its the cages with the plant on the inside...and the plant grows to the shape of the cage ...of course it needs trimming etc. but I think they'd be great to have!  :mrgreen:

It started off to do with the garden then we got abit side-tracked. I've brought it back in though =]
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

burntsienna

Oooo also does anyone know if its possible to get Disney themed christmas light decorations for the garden/front of the house etc?
I think that would look amazing!
Having some Disney lights in the garden! Even through all the year. So maybe that time that charge up in the light then at night turn on magically!
That would be great to have in the garden =]

Javey74

Quote from: "burntsienna"It started off to do with the garden then we got abit side-tracked. I've brought it back in though =]
Well done burntsienna... :D/

I've never seen Disney lights for gardens or Disney lit up figures as such, but I'd be suprised if no-one did them.. :shock:  :)

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "burntsienna"It started off to do with the garden then we got abit side-tracked. I've brought it back in though =]
Well done burntsienna... :D/

I've never seen Disney lights for gardens or Disney lit up figures as such, but I'd be suprised if no-one did them.. :shock:  :)

I think it would be a nice idea for them to be about, I'm hoping they will be somewhere. Though I've never seen any. If they aren't already made though I'd like Disney to make some.
It would look really magical if you could have the Mickey Mouse head shape in a nice crystal blue colour just sat in the garden :D
Plus if it charges by sunlight then runs on that power its a very green and earth friendly way to light your garden. Could be how Disney could promote them.
And the lights would be for all year round for the garden not only Christmas. But as I'm not sure how most house/garden Christmas decorations are powered these ones being green could really be something good.
=]

Javey74

Really good idea there burnsienna, very economical.  A really good selling point this day and age.  Imagine "The Disney Outdoor Decoration Range".. :D/  :D/

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"Really good idea there burnsienna, very economical.  A really good selling point this day and age.  Imagine "The Disney Outdoor Decoration Range".. :D/  :D/

Its the way forward, everyone is so concerned at the moment with being eco friendly and reducing their carbon footprint.
So if Disney were to corner the market of solar powered outdoor Christmas decorations I personally think they'd be earning quite a bit. It may also encourage other sellers to switch to green, as other wise they'd be very weak compitition against Disney. Either way to look at it, it would be really quite a good idea.
I'd like to think some Disney representative is reading these posts as we write them!  :mrgreen:
I'd certainly buy some Disney Outdoor Decorations =]
There could be Christmas trees with a star on top and showing Tinkerbell and her wand...and then the tree is lit green, and Tinkerbell yellow but the star isn't lit till you see some light running down her wand then down from the top of the star to light it. Though I'm not sure if that one could be done by Solar power as it would be a moving light. hmmmm :-k

Javey74

I was thinking that these lights could be powered 24/7 if need be, they would work the same as the 'Slow Down' signs you see on the road, they are duel powered.  If it's sunny they use the Solar Panels and if it's windy, a wind propeller.  So power is stored in batteries for one or both of these conditions.  That way you can provide power at night time.  Unless there was a day with no wind or light, but theirs usually one or the other.  These batteries can store vast amounts of power to make up for a day with neither conditions, if it came to it... :wink:  :D

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"I was thinking that these lights could be powered 24/7 if need be, they would work the same as the 'Slow Down' signs you see on the road, they are duel powered.  If it's sunny they use the Solar Panels and if it's windy, a wind propeller.  So power is stored in batteries for one or both of these conditions.  That way you can provide power at night time.  Unless there was a day with no wind or light, but theirs usually one or the other.  These batteries can store vast amounts of power to make up for a day with neither conditions, if it came to it... :wink:  :D

Thats a great idea!
That way it does make sure that under most conditions, specially in winter as theres normally more wind than sun, that these lights will still be bright.
Personally I think Disney should hire us! lol  :mrgreen:  8)
Imagine the lights in the gardens at DLRP went green, that would save them quite abit of money.

Javey74

Quote from: "burntsienna"
Quote from: "Javey74"I was thinking that these lights could be powered 24/7 if need be, they would work the same as the 'Slow Down' signs you see on the road, they are duel powered.  If it's sunny they use the Solar Panels and if it's windy, a wind propeller.  So power is stored in batteries for one or both of these conditions.  That way you can provide power at night time.  Unless there was a day with no wind or light, but theirs usually one or the other.  These batteries can store vast amounts of power to make up for a day with neither conditions, if it came to it... :wink:  :D

Thats a great idea!
That way it does make sure that under most conditions, specially in winter as theres normally more wind than sun, that these lights will still be bright.
Personally I think Disney should hire us! lol  :mrgreen:  8)
Imagine the lights in the gardens at DLRP went green, that would save them quite abit of money.
Right I'll get onto the contracts between us immediately... :lol:  :D

This idea reminded me of a thought I had whilst in Benidorm that I mentioned in my Benidorm thread, while I was lay on the lounger looking up at the Flamingo Oasis, redesigning the building in my head.  I remember they used Solar Panels, which is fine for Spain, but they also had wind turbines on the roof top to catch the Minstrel winds that drift off the Sierra Blanca Mountains.  How lucky could a country be, brings an all new meaning to dual fuel.  So I'm thinking wind power in this country would probably have the edge over solar power for our climate alone.  :wink:  :D

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"Right I'll get onto the contracts between us immediately... :lol:  :D

This idea reminded me of a thought I had whilst in Benidorm that I mentioned in my Benidorm thread, while I was lay on the lounger looking up at the Flamingo Oasis, redesigning the building in my head.  I remember they used Solar Panels, which is fine for Spain, but they also had wind turbines on the roof top to catch the Minstrel winds that drift off the Sierra Blanca Mountains.  How lucky could a country be, brings an all new meaning to dual fuel.  So I'm thinking wind power in this country would probably have the edge over solar power for our climate alone.  :wink:  :D

I have no idea about how to write contacts etc, so I shall leave you in charge there :D

Ooo yeah! I remember that!
It was a great idea!
And I agree that wind power would deffinately have the edge over solar power in England lol!
All the more reason for Disney to hire us.
We can create a whole new era for Disney!
With new hotel creations and a whole new set of merch in The Disney Outdoor Decoration Range.
I've been thinking about what things they could do for the garden.
Could have some Donald pond lights!
Which would be useful for people with kids...though I'm not sure why the kids would randomly be in the garden on a night...but nevermind =]
Which makes me think that Disney could also sell guides and equiptment etc to build your own Mickey shaped pond.

Javey74

Quote from: "burntsienna"We could have some Donald pond lights!
Which would be useful for people with kids...though I'm not sure why the kids would randomly be in the garden on a night...but nevermind =]
Which makes me think that Disney could also sell guides and equiptment etc to build your own Mickey shaped pond.
Yeah, I could also get some little Donald suits to go on the ducks that could swim on the Mickey shaped pond, lit up by the Donald pond lights.  

Here's an example of the clothing... :lol:  :mrgreen:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "burntsienna"We could have some Donald pond lights!
Yeah, I could also get some little Donald suits to go on the ducks that could swim on the Mickey shaped pond, lit up by the Donald pond lights.  

Here's an example of the clothing... :lol:  :mrgreen:

hahaha  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
It sadens me to think that Disney is missing out on a mind like yours! lol!  :lol:  :mrgreen:  8)

Imagine trying to get the clothing on the duck though...

Javey74

You think so.... :lol:  :lol:  :D

I've seen some well trained ducks in my time, they can still be very temperamental, but no worse than Donald.  Obviously the hats would have to have a piece of elastic on them, to lip under their bills, so they wouldn't come off when they dip their heads under the water with their bottoms up in the air, as with the rest of the outfit the clothing would also have to be waterproof. But it's not impossible :wink:  :mrgreen:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"You think so.... :lol:  :lol:  :D

I've seen some well trained ducks in my time, they can still be very temperamental, but no worse than Donald.  Obviously the hats would have to have a piece of elastic on them, to lip under their bills, so they wouldn't come off when they dip their heads under the water with their bottoms up in the air, as with the rest of the outfit the clothing would also have to be waterproof. But it's not impossible :wink:  :mrgreen:

Haha I can tell you've had experience in dressing ducks...I bet you have your own army stored in your garden! Each wearing a hat and waterproof top! lol
I think ducks look cute when their buts are in the air! hahaha  8)

Oooo there could also be lights for the garden styled from the Fantalusion parade! which could be really quite cool!  :mrgreen:  
That would be great for the garden!
there should be a garden store at DLRP which sells miniture lamps etc from the park for peoples gardens  :mrgreen: