trip report

Started by glenn, September 19, 2008, 05:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn

just back from dlp,and want to start with a couple of moans.first moan,i sent my wife to change £100 into euro,s she got 105euro,s.i changed it to buy souveneirs,but as a protest at being ripped off we didn,t buy any,which is the first time ever we havn,t brought any.ill give the euro,s to my son who,s going to dlp soon[so they will get it anyway].second moan,we went into the village to have drink in billy bobs,which is most probably the most popular bar only to find taken over by a conference and wasn,t allowed in which was very annoying because there was avery good band playing and there wasn,t anybody on the dance floor or seats so the band was playing to nobody.moans over.now for answers to a few questions about eating fairly cheap.king ludwigs are doing a special at the moment and the waiter told me this is all through the low season,a two course meal for 17.50 euro,s kids eat for 5 euro,s plus buy one beer get one free,the steakhouse is doing a similar offer for 22.80 euro,s kids eat for 7 euro,s these offers are between 17.00 to 19.00h.now to something more sinister,my son in law is a dead man when i see him sunday because he told me that the bit you see at the front of crush,s coaster is the fastest part of the ride so my wife i went on it,those of you who have been on it before must know the horror we suffered after we went up that long climb then dropped spun went up and down frontwards backwards and sideways[it,s the first time i,ve heard my wife scream on a coaster].the parks were not very busy,the few times we done fast pass it was almost instant access to the rides,very good.how,s this for being a bad loser,we went on buzz lazzer blast and had a bet loser buys the beer  and whiskey in the evening,because i was thrashing her my wife started spinning the buggy so that i couldn,t hit the targets,then said the bet was void because the buggy spun on it,s own.

The Butlin Boy

Glad you had a great trip Glenn. I'm sorry about the few bad bits, but I'm glad that you enjoyed the rest :)