DLRP Trip Report - 07. - 13.09.2008

Started by dagobert, September 16, 2008, 04:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

So here are some food pics from Blue Lagoon. As I said before, we were also a liitle bit sceptical, because of bad reviews, but we wanted to have our dinner there, because of the very nice theming of the restaurant. The food was really good, it was hot and the service was also quick. So we will eat there again.

Photos have been removed!

dagobert

Fourth Day in the Parks

Again, early breakfast! Then we caught one of the cute little Main Street Vehicles that brought us to the castle. We walked through the castle (the gallery upstairs was not open every day) and took a look at the refurbishment of the "Sword in the Stone Place". After that we went on Buzz Lightyear , Space Mountain and we did a little bit of shopping.
For lunch we had a reservation at Agrabah Cafe. The food was really nice, there were a lot of vegetarian options. We had a nice experience, although we are usually not big fans of buffet restaurants – we just can't watch going so much food to waste (people overloading their plates and then leaving all behind), but this time it was okay. The restaurant itself is really pretty! The rest of the day we rode our favorite rides! BTM, PotC and Phantom Manor. We rode Star Tours, too, but it needs an update.
We also went back to the Studios for the Studio Tram Tour and we also rode Cars, which was really funny! Those little cars spin really fast, perhaps this is due to our heavy weight in the back and no people in the front row.
After Cinemagique, we left the park a little earlier because there were some really dark clouds in the sky. We went to King Ludwig's to have a drink and then we also ordered some food which was really good. I had a potatoe soup, Claudia had the Onion Soup – very filling! Afterwards we have spent some time in the Disney Village. By the way it looks so much nicer with all the trees and plants.

Pics:

The crowds were okay all week long. I think the longest waiting time was always at Crush's Coaster. I understand it, because this ride is really a lot of fun.

dagobert

Day 5 will follow tomorrow. If some is interested in food pics from the Agrabah Cafe or King Ludwig's, let me know and I will post them.

bigrossco

yes would love tos ee pics of the food from both
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

dagobert

Okay, here are the pictures:

Agrabah Cafe:

jeakat24

Great trip report, thanks for sharing! Also thanks for the food pictures, although it's making me hungry!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Aveen2008

Great report and fantastic photos!! Loved how you photographed the Once upon a dream parade, capturing the whole float of them all except the last as it is very long!

Thanks for sharing!! You've made me hungry with all the food pictures!:) hehe

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Nala_84

Thanks again for report & pictures!!

You're the second person who recommends the Agrabah Café also for Veggies, and thanks a lot for the food picture, looks really yummy :) I sooo hope that it'll be opened during our trip!!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

ColdSun

great report once again. And thanks so much for the food pics :D/ !!! The fish in Blue Lagoon looked really good imo...

dagobert

Fifth Day in the Parks

We wanted to have something nice for our last day, so we booked a table at Cafe Mickey. On our last morning it was raining but the sky cleared up after some time, so we could enjoy our last EMHs.
I broke my personal record at Buzz Lightyear, very proud of that ?. After exploring Adventure Isle, which is one of my girlfriend's favorites, we rode BTM and then went back to the Village for lunch. We've heard some terrible things about Cafe Mickey (pure chaos...) so we were sceptical. But we had a great time, met lots of characters: Tigger, Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Smee, Pluto, King Richard and Brother Tuck! The food is really pricey, but also very yummy. I had a pizza, Claudia had Cannelloni, and we shared Tiramisu for dessert. It was a great photo opportunity and the interaction with the characters was really funny, however, it gets really noisy. I would advise anyone who wants to eat there to go there for lunch because for dinner the waiting time is just crazy, and I'm sure it's even louder (if that's possible).
After lunch we went to the Studios. We draw another picture at the Animation Academy, went on the Flying Carpets, RnRC and ToT. Then we went back to Disneyland Park where Claudia had some candy floss. We were already a little bit sad we had to leave so we just walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere for the last time. Then we said "Goodbye!" to the Castle and promised to return soon.
We went over to the Village and had dinner at King Ludwig's, very yummy. Then we did some shopping, bought pins and other souveniers. Oh, we also bought the new Disneyland-DVD (which is as bad as usual, haha.).

The next day, after breakfast, we went on our looong journey back home.

Pictures:

dagobert

dagobert

For those who are interested, here are food pics from Cafe Mickey and King Ludwig's:

Cafe Mickey:

dagobert

SUMMMARY

We had an amazing time! However, there were some things we didn't like too much. One of those were the restrooms. Seriously, there was no men's restroom where all toilets were working! It was also hard to find a working hand dryer. And as I already mentioned, the restrooms at Au Chalet de la Marionette were the worst.

I was also a little angry that seemingly it's not possible to announce the closures and refurbishment dates a little earlier on the Official Disney Site. One week before we went they announced 3 more refurbishments for September. I really approve refurbishments, but it would be nice to plan around those, because I have attractions that I really enjoy and I want to ride them, and I would consider choosing another date if those were closed (which was not the case here).

There was one more thing that I didn't like too much: In the Studios they had characters out everyday. There were so many people pushing around them and no Cast Member was in sight. You couldn't get a normal picture (I think nobody could, because there was always someone pushing or standing in the way) and it can get also dangerous for the characters with so many people.

One more word about smoking: Although my girlfriend and I are not smoking, we are really not bothered by smokers (as long as they are not smoking in queues or buildings). There were smoking people everywhere outside, in their defence I have to say that the non-smoking signs at the entrance are really not noticeable, especially when all you want is to go into the Park. My girlfriend didn't notice a single sign at the entrance (too distracted!). Also Cast Members didn't say anything about smoking and they still have the old garbage bins with the ashtrays everywhere, which is quite confusing – why should there be ashtrays if smoking is not allowed?

What we especially loved about this trip were the Cast Members, especially those at Adventureland and at the Tower of Terror. They were excellent pirates and bellhoppers and just completed our experience. It's also nice to see that the Cast Member have fun while they are working, which was obviously the case. We had a very good experience with the Cast Members in the whole resort. It's also helpful that they are approaching people that were misbehaving (flash pictures in shows.. argggh).

Another thing I like about DLRP is, that everything is in walking distance. It is no problem to walk from the hotels to the parks or to change between the Studios and DLP. So you can make use of the Hopper Ticket. If you want to go to another park at WDW you had to take a bus, monorail or a boat. I know WDW is very big, but the short walking distances in DLRP are a big advantage.

We hab an amazing time and we are already planning our next trip, which will be hopefully not too far in the future!

I hope you liked our trip report and pictures and I want to thank everybody for the nice compliments and replies.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "dagobert"SUMMMARY
There was one more thing that I didn't like too much: In the Studios they had characters out everyday. There were so many people pushing around them and no Cast Member was in sight. You couldn't get a normal picture (I think nobody could, because there was always someone pushing or standing in the way) and it can get also dangerous for the characters with so many people.

This is a problem I think most people find about Disneyland Paris, it really is a fight to get your photo with Characters! Especially with Parents shoving their children infront of adults who want photos, as though Children are allowed first pickings, which I feel is completely wrong but I am not excusing the other adults who also shove. Unfortunately I find even though I would not be rude and do that I end up having to be in disneyland Resort Paris because otehrwise you would never get the photo with the character  :oops: . If I see someone has been there before me though I do try to ensure I don't push in before them but with so many people pushing in its a hard battle. It's why I now ensure I book a character meal so that I can get a few character photos without this hastle.

Other than the few problems you had it looks like you had a great time in Disneyland Paris, your photos are great, I love all the character photos you got!:) The pictures of the food look yummy too!:) Thanks for the report!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "dagobert"SUMMMARY

We encountered this on our last trip in the Studios too. My little sister was trying to meet and get a autograph/picture with Donald in Front Lot. She was one of the first people there but kept being pushed aside by other kids who were just turning up and shoving their way to the front. Long story short, she ended up in tears, and Donald went straight to her, so there's a tip for you, but unfortunately it doesn't look the best in the pictures :x  :wink:

Anyway, fantastic trip report Dagobert, I've really enjoyed reading it and seeing your pictures. I'm glad you had such a great trip :)