Fridge Magnets

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 07, 2008, 06:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burntsienna

Ahhh yes...there was!
Haha I'd be a great fridge magnet me thinks!
I never managed to photograph my magnets today  :o  :shock:
I'll hopefully get to do it tomorrow  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

WDI1992

lol well, after a long time, I'm totally back! ( :lol: *cheers out loud*)
I still feel the urgent need to go browsing Main Street, on the lookout for that Belle  :lol:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Javey74

Quote from: "WDI1992"lol well, after a long time, I'm totally back! ( :lol: *cheers out loud*)
I still feel the urgent need to go browsing Main Street, on the lookout for that Belle  :lol:
Mmmm, I know what you mean WDI1992... :mrgreen:

*Jess*

Ta-daaaaaa:

Another DLRP fridge magnet collector over here!
I think I have about 16 magnets now...
Going to buy some more next week!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "*Jess*"Ta-daaaaaa:

Another DLRP fridge magnet collector over here!
I think I have about 16 magnets now...
Going to buy some more next week!

I'll be the guy in the queue ahead of you with the large basket  :wink:

*Jess*

Definitly no princesses in my basket: they look sooooo odd...

I'll be the lady behind you with the 5 year old girl nagging for such  :D a High School Musical cheerleading outfit,  :D
(but at that point she'll be probably already wearing one!)

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "*Jess*"Definitly no princesses in my basket: they look sooooo odd...

I'll be the lady behind you with the 5 year old girl nagging for such  :D a High School Musical cheerleading outfit,  :D

I know, what's up with the Trout Pouts they all have. What kind of subliminal message is Disney trying to give young girls? :wink:

Javey74

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"
Quote from: "*Jess*"Definitly no princesses in my basket: they look sooooo odd...

I know, what's up with the Trout Pouts they all have. What kind of subliminal message is Disney trying to give young girls? :wink:
I'll give you the answer here Mr Dragon.  These magnets are 2 1/2 inches tall, and once on the fridge, you stand at a reasonable distance, say 1 metre.  Any small detail at this size and distance would be lost, especially the likes of the eyes and lips.  So viewed at the correct distance they do look quite normal.  :wink:  :D

I do hope this clears the matter up.. :mrgreen:

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Javey74"

I'll give you the answer here Mr Dragon.  These magnets are 2 1/2 inches tall, and once on the fridge, you stand at a reasonable distance, say 1 metre.  Any small detail at this size and distance would be lost, especially the likes of the eyes and lips.  So viewed at the correct distance they do look quite normal.  :wink:  :D

Well, I've stood across the room looking at the pics and all I can see is Big Lips !!!! :wink:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"

I just stood up and walked away from my P.C and it's true, when at a distance the details sort of balance out.  :)

Javey74

Quote from: "burntsienna"I just stood up and walked away from my P.C and it's true, when at a distance the details sort of balance out.  :)
You see Disney has the mind for these things.  The SB Castle made with perspective to make it look taller than it is.  Fridge magnets with over emphasized small detail to look correct at distance.  Things with Disney are usually done not for the fun of it, but for a particular reason.. :wink:  :D

burntsienna

Disney are so smart!
lol It's great!  :mrgreen:
Did they make the castle appear bigger by a pyramid styled effect? and stuff to do with tonal qualities within the paint?
It's abit offtopic, but are different tones of pink used in a similar style to the Eiffel tower, so that the tower will appear the same colour from its base to its top against the sky?

Javey74

Quote from: "burntsienna"Disney are so smart!
lol It's great!  :mrgreen:
Did they make the castle appear bigger by a pyramid styled effect? and stuff to do with tonal qualities within the paint?
It's abit offtopic, but are different tones of pink used in a similar style to the Eiffel tower, so that the tower will appear the same colour from its base to its top against the sky?
:offtopic:
The higher the castle, things like windows are made smaller to give the effect that they are higher than they are.  Every detail towards the top gets slightly smaller giving the impression it is more distant, so again giving the impression it is higher.  I think the paint does have tonal qualities as you said, again to give the impression of depth and height.  Using deeper pinks towards the bottom, with slight alterations of a lighter tone as you get higher to look more distant.  I'm not sure how the paint tones exactly work, but they do play a part in the deception tactics on the castles height.  :wink:  :D

burntsienna

Aww cool!
So it is like a pyramidle perspective =]
Thats really quite clever.
 :mrgreen:
Go Disney!!!

Bettan

I also collects fridge magnets. But just the one that are "touristic" with Disneyland print. I have 8 magnets, but I always look for more when I come to Disneyland. We are going in December and I hope buy a nice "winter"-Disneyland magnet then.

Now I have started to buy pens when I am abroad, And I have 3 different pens from Disneyland now.