1st Time Pin Buyer

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 04, 2008, 02:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

thats a shame! and I'm sure all the disney stores in london do them?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Pete's Dragon

Ummm..........thanks for the suggestions on which Pin to buy  :?

MizzRabbit

Go on eBay, type "Disney Pin" and browse until you find "the one". People can't choose for you. It's a very personal choice. Pic a character you like, or a ride, whatever. Go for what you like and what makes you smile! Let us know what you pick. You can also explore pinpics.com for ideas. Good luck yet again. :)

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

anthonysprincess

:::evil laugh::: :twisted:
ahahahahahahahaaaaaaa---ha-hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa. . .

You will never escape pin collecting/trading once you start! It isn't possible! You will get sucked in

:::repeat evil laughter:::

:| OK seriously though.
I would look on http://www.pinpics.com/ and take a look at some themes you like, like your favourite characters or something to give you an idea.

Or simply buy anything and on your next trip enjoy the hunt on CM's lanyards for something really cute and possibly rare!

Oh BTW I never had any problems trading with Paris CMs as suggested on this board, supposedly they refuse to trade unless you know this certain guy or some silly thing like that??? Totally untrue. (I may have heard that through a pin trader in DTD actually not sure. still...its not true)

AS A NOTE:

I at first thought pin trading was lame, and just another way to waste your money on Disney and another scam for them to take my money that they didn't earn... the second two parts are true! But it is not lame! lol.

I now have a pin bag (which cleverly looks like a normal messenger bag for camoflauge) and a pin theme on each of its pages... not sure how many I have (:

It started by looking at pinpics.com, collecting photos of pins I liked, then my Mom bought a lanyard for each person in our family, and before I know it here I am :)

Pete's Dragon

*prepares for angry backlash*

Ok. Had a good look on eBay and PinPics, and I must say Im not overly impressed by any of them. I still cant see the attraction :?  . I might just get one of Le Chateau.
Thanks for the weblinks and your help, and good luck with your collections !!!

anthonysprincess

lol. Well maybe you have escaped it, or maybe you will be like me and it will sneak up on you sometime!

I'm not one of these crazy collectors but I do have a collection of my favourites.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "anthonysprincess"lol. Well maybe you have escaped it, or maybe you will be like me and it will sneak up on you sometime!

I'm not one of these crazy collectors but I do have a collection of my favourites.

Pete that's how its going to get you like the wabbit with Big Teeth... Its going to bite you and you'll be caught forever in its Big Teeth!

When I first saw the pins I thought one day... and Pete I am still without a in yet I have 3 themes planned and plans for when I become a Primary School Teacher with every christmas every pupil I teach (My Class then) will get a pin... and I'll have my Collection pinned on a board with my lanyards (Yes Two... Maybe 3 Depending I think one for each theme/want) hidden beyond children's reach!

Pete's Dragon

Seriously, one will be enough. I already collect DVDs which is an expensive enough hobby to start with

Pete's Dragon

Right. Have been looking and looking through the Web and I've finally decided on the one I want. Thanks to Anthonyspriness and her photos on a different topic, I saw a Steamboat Willie one. And as I posted there, I will be in DLRP on the 80th anniversary of it's release, so it seems only fitting.

Q1: Where can you buy them. Probably walked passed the a million times I know, but never noticed
Q2: Do you think the will have a Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse, or even a special 80th aniversary one for sale
Q3: How much do they cost

Clarebelle

a normal pin like these are €6,

larger ones are about €8 or €9 (like the one at the toop of this photo)

There are also starter lanyard packs like this 15th anniverary one (you can get different themes toystory, princess etc for about €35

(lanyard missing from the photo)

small LE pins are about €15

then you have the collectors box sets of LE or which my 15th anniversary collectiion cost me (or should I say Chris) 45 euros

Then there are the Model sheets that you can buy in the DV I think this one cost me €100? I dont really remember ....

and you get these free in said shop ...

when you spend over €100? we got a couple (one with Chris' LE watch, one with my watch, one with my mummy's birthday pressent, one with my dopey framed pins etc) :lol:
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Pete's Dragon

thanks, a lot of those pins look really nice. The golden 15th anniversary ones are cool, and Le Chateau, and the..................No, this is how it starts ! Im not starting a collection, Im not starting a collection, Im not starting a collection ! I want one for my coat, not for a lanyard or a collection book. I'll just make them alternitive options in case I cant find a classic Mickey one.

nathalie

You can buy pins in almost every store there.

But my first look would be at "Emporium" ;)

I believe there's a Steamboat Willie, seperatly.
If not, you can try and look for the 4-pin-set from Mickey Mouse, and the Steamboat Willie is definatly on that one (I had the set, but sold it about 4 weeks ago).

You'd have 3 extra Mickey pins then though, hehe.

MizzRabbit

Yeah, Natalie's right. The one you want is on the Mickey set and is actually one of the ones you trade to get better pins. Right now the Walt Disney LE collection would probably be the way to go for you. They have a Walt AND Steamboat Willie pin that is really awsome. I have it and I'll take a picture for you later today. It's much more special and still has the theme you want. It's about 12 euros.

EDIT:

Here's a picture of it:

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]