1st Time Pin Buyer

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 04, 2008, 02:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

I must say that buying Pins has never really appealed to me. But I keep seeing it cropping up on the Forum and I think I might just have to buy one. And when I say One, I mean One !!!!

So I need some suggestions, pictures too, as to what are the best Pins to look for, and which One I should buy in 10 days time.

Galathon

First of all,choose a theme, because there are many different pins to choose from. My girlfriend collects everything of the disney cats (aristocats, Figaro, Cheshirecat) and I collect the attractions pins and Limited edition pins.

Next week we are going to DLPR and get some more pins.

Koen

MizzRabbit

If you're serious about only buying ONE (which I think you should reconsider) you might as well go for the gold! This is a HUGE (almost the size of a keyboard) jumbo pin with all the castles on it. PetiteSirene showed it to me and I fell in love. Haven't been able to afford it yet though. It's about $80 on eBay. [attachment=0:l5s857hi]112067869_tp.jpg[/attachment:l5s857hi]

In case you want something smaller, the way to go is to get a gorgeous Limited Edition pin, maybe 1 out of 200 or something, with your favorite character.  And again, you should consider collecting for real 'cause it's so much fun to trade when you're in dlrp and get to know all the CMs. I didn't think it was for me either but I really enjoyed it. Also, when you pick a pin, that pin might have a sentimental meaning for you. Maybe you get a scene from your fav movie which reminds you of a happy memory, or maybe your wife buys you one out of love that reminds you of that etc. Good luck!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Pete's Dragon

def. not starting a collection. already have an ever growing collection of fridge magnets ( not to mention my shelf-busting DVD collection ). I just want one cause I intend putting on my coat beside my Fiorentina pin.

Clarebelle

trust me you wont stop after you have bought 1, we only intended to buy a couple (hotel we stayed at, fave rides) that was it ... now I have to get a pin for every ride/show/character I've had my photo taken with  :roll:  the list goes on (all just excuses to buy some more) even my boyfriend says we will have to go back to buy more I actually go on rides now just so I can buy the pin :-"
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

MinniesBestPal

Yeah, we started in florida after seeing people with them, and me and my brother though it would be cool if we bought one or two...before you know it we're buying lanyards and more pins!

Clarebelle

lol
I think I might need to get the case this time, does anyone know how much it is? is there a pin for the DV? Help I'm addicted!!!

MizzRabbit

What does DV stand for? I think the case is about £25...not sure...

Use password]

MinniesBestPal

DV - Disney Village

MizzRabbit

Doh! Thanks Phoebe...

Use password]

Clarebelle

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"What does DV stand for? I think the case is about £25...not sure...

pounds?  or euros?
and yeah Disney Village  :oops: sorry!

MinniesBestPal

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Doh! Thanks Phoebe...

You're welcome! Hehe! And thanks for calling me Phoebe...I usually get MBP!  :P  Not that there is anything wrong with that! I like either!

paul

Quote from: "Clarebelle"trust me you wont stop after you have bought 1, we only intended to buy a couple (hotel we stayed at, fave rides) that was it ...  

:lol: That sounds familiar... when we were there last week it went from "I'm not getting into pin collecting, let's not buy any" to "let's just get pins for our hotel and 2008 while it's available" to "we've spent a fortune - all the main rides we've been on, our hotel, 2007, 2008, 15th anniversary, moteurs show, and planet hollywood"  :oops:

Clarebelle

Quote from: "paul"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"trust me you wont stop after you have bought 1, we only intended to buy a couple (hotel we stayed at, fave rides) that was it ...  

:lol: That sounds familiar... when we were there last week it went from "I'm not getting into pin collecting, let's not buy any" to "let's just get pins for our hotel and 2008 while it's available" to "we've spent a fortune - all the main rides we've been on, our hotel, 2007, 2008, 15th anniversary, moteurs show, and planet hollywood"  :oops:

$planet hollywood do one??!!??!! what about the rainforest cafe?
in the covent garden disney store they do a london pin badge, I was good, were buying it in dec tho :wink:

paul

Quote from: "Clarebelle"$planet hollywood do one??!!??!! what about the rainforest cafe?
in the covent garden disney store they do a london pin badge, I was good, were buying it in dec tho :wink:

The planet hollywood one isn't technically disney - but they had a range of them on sale for paris, with the logo on the eiffel tower, arc de triumphe, etc. Couldn't resist buying one though, as we went there twice on each trip.

Didn't see any at the rainforest cafe.

I'm gonna have to pop into the covent garden store now just to check it out, should be up that way within a few days with any luck.