Mickey Mouse not as 'Big' as Disney Princess?

Started by Barnsey313, September 02, 2008, 09:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnsey313

When out shopping (In Britain this is) I come across everything you could ask for branded with Disney Princesses.... Wrapping paper, Cards, Comics, Books, Toys.... the list goes on...

Yet Its very rare to see anything with the classic characters on... Is there no market for it? or are people just loosing touch with the original characters (I know I sure aint').

James.  :donald:

Alpop

A very good point you make here.

A year ago I asked my best friends 2 year old "whose this" (pointing to a foil balloon of Mickey mouse. His reply was "dunno!"
But I las week he spotted a MM toy at ours and said "that's Mickey Mouse".  So I do get the feeling that there is less publicity about MM now a days. Where as Pirates and princesses are more marketable.

On the flip side you don't see much of Daffy Duck, Yosimite Sam, Bugs Bunny either.

MinniesBestPal

I certainly know I LOVE the original characters!
I've never really been THAT big of a disney princess fan! Little mermaid, yes, Beauty and the beast and cinderella ok, snow white and sleeping beauty at a push, and I dont class mulan or pocahontas as princesses. (Even though I love Mulan! Great film!)

I love Minnie Mouse! She and Tink have always been my favourites (Although when we came back from Florida  in 2005 I had a HUGE obsession with WTP for months!)

Javey74

Yeah I agree the Princess range is huge compared to the original characters, but saying that you can still get loads more Mickey merchandise compared to Donald.  That's why I was more shocked in Benidorm seeing a lot more Donald stuff than what I'm used to.....Very unusual :shock:  :shock:

burntsienna

Quote from: "Javey74"Yeah I agree the Princess range is huge compared to the original characters, but saying that you can still get loads more Mickey merchandise compared to Donald.  That's why I was more shocked in Benidorm seeing a lot more Donald stuff than what I'm used to.....Very unusual :shock:  :shock:

They knew you were coming!!

But I agree there is loads of Princess stuff...I'd love to see some more of the classic styled stuff of the characters!
Bring back the CLASSICS!
I own sky+ and...I record the Animated Shorts which are shown every now and again, because they are the classics!

Today was a Donald one!
'Who's got the sweetest disposition?...one guess thats who! who never ever starts an arguement, who never shows abit of temperment? Whos never wrong but always right, who'd never dream of starting a fight? Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?...No one but Donald Duck!...Yeah'

:mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MinniesBestPal

Thanks for the words to that song... I only knew the "Who's never wrong but always right?" and "No one, but Donald duck!"

If you watch the house of mouse, they show old classics on there sometimes too!

Barnsey313

Get the DVD's - Best investment I ever made... Apart from my Euro Disney Shares.... My favorite Donald episode is 'Out of scale' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Y0MnGXWf0

burntsienna

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"Thanks for the words to that song... I only knew the "Who's never wrong but always right?" and "No one, but Donald duck!"

If you watch the house of mouse, they show old classics on there sometimes too!

Haha it's alright, I hope they were all correct!
I've always loved the classics and that tune has always stuck in my head...I can hear it right now :D  :lol:

Quote from: "Barnsey313"Get the DVD's - Best investment I ever made... Apart from my Euro Disney Shares.... My favorite Donald episode is 'Out of scale' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Y0MnGXWf0

James. :donald:

Aww yeah, do you mean the Walt Disney Treasure DVDs?
I'm saving up for them :D and am going to ask for some for Christmas!

Barnsey313

Quote from: "burntsienna"Aww yeah, do you mean the Walt Disney Treasure DVDs?

I didn't actually know about those DVD's so thanks for pointing them out!
 I actually got the DVD's - Chip and Dale - 'Trouble in a Tree' and 'Here comes Trouble'

burntsienna

Quote from: "Barnsey313"
Quote from: "burntsienna"Aww yeah, do you mean the Walt Disney Treasure DVDs?

I didn't actually know about those DVD's so thanks for pointing them out!
 I actually got the DVD's - Chip and Dale - 'Trouble in a Tree' and 'Here comes Trouble'

Awww cool!
well now...we both know something new!  :mrgreen:

Javey74

Quote from: "Barnsey313"I didn't actually know about those DVD's so thanks for pointing them out!

Yeah I've got Chip and Dale - 'Trouble in a Tree' and 'Here comes Trouble', really good DVDs.  :D/

Where there's Chip & Dale you'll usually find a Donald, they make a good threesome for the storylines.  Chronological Donald is the ultimate I find, I've got Volume 1 [Region 2], but need to order 2 & 3 from the States as they are only in Region 1 at present.. :wink:  :D

cinders

My youngest daughter is a big Minnie & Mickey mouse fan she is only 5 :D and well alot of the young girls toys are minnie and mickey in Disney shop all the baby stuff is mainly winny the pooh and minnie and mickey also childrens dolls now a days seem to come dressed in minnie or mickey outfits  i guess they just dont aim it at older children now  :(  but like all things maybe they will make a turn around and come right back into fashion so to speak !

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

MinniesBestPal

I think Tinkerbell and the Disney Princess crew appeals more to little girls. They're always dressed up at the park!

I was Tinkerbell once, and Minnie Mouse the rest of the time!