Your wish for/at Philippe Gas

Started by Riebi, September 01, 2008, 11:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Since Today Philippe Gas is the new "first mouse in the house". So what do you wish?
What would be your 10-points-list for Disneyland Resort Paris? What would you like to see from Mr. Gas and what should be his first steps?
Or maybe you just want to wish Luck luck luck or something else.

So:
Feel free to write now a little letter to Philippe Gas!
If we just believe enough he should read it :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Interesting...

After last week, I would like for him to:

- Continue and enhance the live, non character based entertainment
- Return land specific merchandise to the shops
- Provide proper bell services well collecting luggage for departure at the Hotel New York
- Continue on current trajectory
since 2001 (many before that)

never2old

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"- Continue and enhance the live, non character based entertainment
- Return land specific merchandise to the shops
- Provide proper bell services well collecting luggage for departure at the Hotel New York
- Continue on current trajectory

Couldn't agree more!! (well, I can't say about the New York, because I haven't stayed there... but if they don't have proper bell services, they should!!)

They should continue improving and adding new rides, so that we have more excuses to go back....

And I miss when they had different products in the different shops and different areas!! Now you can find pretty much everything they sell in the park in the Emporium...

Finally, I wish they'll keep doing the EMH after the Anniversary is over... It's really wonderful being in the park with not many people around...

Kristof

QuoteAnd I miss when they had different products in the different shops and different areas!! Now you can find pretty much everything they sell in the park in the Emporium...

Isn't that the whole point of the Emporium in the first place?  :wink:

davewasbaloo

Ah yes, but when it is the other way around with cheap plastic minnie plates  in the Curious Giraffe and Jack Skellington is in the Frontierland Store, and Constellations is more like a non themed toy and fashion store, then something is going wrong.

davewasbaloo

Main street is the most mixed up at all -

MS Motors is women's wear
Bixby Brother's Menswear is baby clothes
And Ribbons and Bows have very few hats to be seen????

That is the goof ball stuff I am talking about. DL was the world's 1st theme park for a reason. Sadly Disney have forgotten that theming extends to the shopping experience too.

Epcot_Boy

Theres two things I'd ask...........

1) Realistic pricing policy for Disney Hotels (Especially NBH, HNY and DH), especially when booking upgraded rooms.
2) Don't close your best Restaurants in your hotels over the summer season so you can push more people through buffet restaurants. :roll:

Oh..........one more........... :( ......How about EMH's in the evening during the summer in the Studios.........I would like that (7.00-9.00) :-k  :D/

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

davewasbaloo

I'm right with you for those epcot Boy

Can we add everything being open during core park hours (no staggering of attraction and restaurant open and close times please).

speedpacket

Hmm - very interesting and tempting topic...
I guess I agree to all that has been posted here now, and well - you probably all know what else I would ask for ;)

It just amazes me yet again that this topic already (again) shows traces of people not at all that happy with some of the service levels provided...

Personally - what I would like most is upgraded level of service.  More personalised, and in line with the price charged.  Also upgraded merchandise (or restored levels of merchandise, as more of the luxury items seem to be forgotten bij de store managers...)

I just hope they'll upgrade their offerings for adults again by offering higher quality stuff again :)  (Why does all merchandise seems so cheap lately?)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

andrewuk

1. Sort out the bus and bus stop to the Val de France hotels.
 [-o<
2. Get another hotel on site soon.
3. Continue to add the 'theme' and 'park' into WDS.
4. A big ride in DLP within the next few years.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Disneyland Paris Treasures

1.) Hotel New York: in summer bring back the pond with fountain and map of Manhattan
2.) Hotel New York: fix/bring back the lights in the trees
3.) Newport Bay Club: Full Paint job and fix all lights (and the lighthouse)
4.) Bring back the water and fire on the stones in front of Discoveryland
5.) Fix/Reenable all water effects (geysirs, BTM splash, etc.)
6.) Complete overwhaul of Space Mountain to make it smooth again
7.) Keep the EMH and add BTM to it
8.) EMH for WDS
9.) Raise food and service quality levels back to former glory
10.) Remove all cheap circus crap from Disney Village (incl. Trampolines, caroussel etc.)

Oh, and cut the gruesome scene from The Exorcist out of CinéMagique!!!!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Mobi"1.) Hotel New York: in summer bring back the pond with fountain and map of Manhattan
2.) Hotel New York: fix/bring back the lights in the trees
3.) Newport Bay Club: Full Paint job and fix all lights (and the lighthouse)
4.) Bring back the water and fire on the stones in front of Discoveryland
5.) Fix/Reenable all water effects (geysirs, BTM splash, etc.)
6.) Complete overwhaul of Space Mountain to make it smooth again
7.) Keep the EMH and add BTM to it
8.) EMH for WDS
9.) Raise food and service quality levels back to former glory
10.) Remove all cheap circus crap from Disney Village (incl. Trampolines, caroussel etc.)

Oh, and cut the gruesome scene from The Exorcist out of CinéMagique!!!!

Except for the last one, I really love your list and fully agree.

I would also like the crafts people to come back too

Riebi

First I wanna wish mr. gas the same magical feeling that mr holz must had have the last year cause we know: The things are better then before him.
I wish him all the best and hope he make the right decisions in the next month for the future years (I think we will see the real gas-effect some month later cause all the things that we see at the moment should be the decisions of karl holz)

Karl started well but we all know it´s always a hard way to go and even if we could have a profit this year (let´s pray together [-o< ) we need a long term growing.

The most points here are very interesting and I hope we will see this things soon.

To have a diffrent shopping offer at the diffrent lands (and its parts) would make me very happy. I can´t wait to see HATS again at Ribbons and Bows, special sweets (yes I always have the sweets in eye) like the skull-lolly at the POTC-shop and again high class products.
I can tell you: My mother want to buy a new Disneyland watch last time she was at DLRP. Her current watch is also from DLRP (a high class mickey clock like the one at DIsneyland Hotel with much gold and silver and much hidden mickeys)
But she found ... nothing. That doesn´t mean no watch. Yes she found watches but all this watches where more or less a bit "cheap" for a adults woman hand. So she bought nothing. There was no offer for her. In the time she bought her first watch she has had the choice between  several watches.
Where are the candy sticks? Gone? Where are craftmansworks?

The closed restaurants during summer season is really a hard thing to watch. I wanna eat a fine dinner once a year at disneyland so please give me the chance to have my choice. Every day buffet is a bit boring for me.

Have an eye on both parks. Yes WDS needs more theming, park, good attractions etc. But don´t forget there´s also a Disneyland Park which needs some attention from time to time. The WDS are on a good track so now it´s time to have also a look at DP. BOTH parks need attention (at that doesn´t mean to start a party at DP every year)
But don´t thing with some modern touches you can have a better Disneyland. Why destroying the jule verne theme at Discoveryland. Make it better, get it back: A new version back to the moon would be great for Space Moutain, also a new E-Ticket for the 20. birthday would be great to have.

For a new hotel I would be lucky with. There could be a problem nowadays to find a room if you haven´t the possibility to book early.
But the new interview at the Eurodisney.com site gives me hope. Maybe some hope for you to Anrewuk:

QuoteQuestion: What are your future projects?

Philippe Gas: Imagining, creating, developing and growing is, and always will be, top of mind for us. We have already served, entertained and touched the hearts of more than 200 million visitors. We intend to continue exceeding expectations to remain Europe's most-visited tourist destination. We would like to welcome more and more families, by continuing to grow and provide the quality and creativity that only Disney can create. That's why we are always innovating and working on future development. We are studying a variety of projects - some would enhance exciting assets, while others are on a grander scale. For example, we are interested in increasing the Resort's hotel capacity, adding to our convention facilities, or enhancing the Disney® Village. We work and plan all the time - today, tomorrow, and for the years to come.

:arrow: //http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/about-our-company/interview-of-philippe-gas/index.xhtml

I think Philippe Gas has the chance to make the full turn to profit. He knows the resort for day one, the positive things in this days (like the diffrent shops and the level of cleaness) and the negative things sooooo he has the chance to make a great and magical job!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...