Disneyland Ireland - Imagined ( Taking Job Applications )

Started by Pete's Dragon, August 27, 2008, 09:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

:P     Right, I'm getting jealous of all the members who can just drive down to DLRP for the day, like it was a local shop. Some of us ( namely Breeno, Aveen and myself, as far as I know ) have a couple of seas and a channel in the way.

Now it seems other corners of the globe can get multiple parks, namely China, so why cant Europe get another one. And I know just the place to build it. Yes, that right, in beautiful, picturesque Ireland.

Now, I know what you're thinking, why ? Well, apart from selfish reasons, there are several things to consider.

1: Americans are always going on about some great-great-great grandfather who had a neighbour whose brother once bought a horse from someone who came from Ireland. Now they could come over, visit ODLI ( O'Disneyland Ireland ) and trace their heritage at the same time.
2: We've gotten past blowing stuff up every week, and most of the guns have been handed in ( allegedly ).
3: Because of the weather ( rain, rain, hour of sunshine, more rain ), it could be the first ever park completely enclosed inside a glass dome, like Springfield in The Simpsons movie.

Now onto the subject of theming. Gotta start with the castle. Now we have plently of fine ones to take inspiration from, like this lovely one below......

Unfortunately, the only Disney film I can think of to base a ride on is Darby O'Gill and the Little People

But there's a rich history to expoilt - Leprechauns, Pots of Gold, Irish Dancers, Giant's Causway, Guinness - so I'm sure the Imagineers would have plently to go on.

Instead of the Molly Brown - Titanic
It's a Small World - It's a Rainy Place
Big Thunder Mountain - Big Craic Mountain
Autopia - Joyrider Heaven..........

.........to name but a few. And of course, how brilliant would St. Patrick's day be ? This could and should be the next logical step for Disney to take, in their neverending quest to spread their patented Magic around the world. So come everybody, say it once and say it loud, I'm Irish and I'm proud.

Good idea, or ( as Breeno said in a different topic ) have I been drinking to much Irish water ? Any suggestions for rides or theming?

bigrossco

an even better idea

Disneyland Ireland
Disneyland England
Disneyland Scotland

hahahahaha :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Pete's Dragon

NO WAY. England and Scotland already have Alton Towers, Butlin etc. Plus there's a little tunnel you's can use to drive to DLRP. We have nothing !!! So dont be greedy  :P

Aveen2008

Hehehehe!! Hip hip Horray (in caps!) =D>  =D>  =D>

lol at Darby o'gill and the little people, that movie freaked me out lol!

Good point we have some fine castles and landmarks around Ireland! Love the Logo you made! :D

I wish I could just pop down the road to Disneyland, it would be great, hey!

I can imagine it now with all the characters in irish costumes! I actually think chip and dales costums for the UODP look Irishy...

NB* Not my photo, came from site called http://www.flickr.com- found on google search.

They look pretty cool hey?!

You've got my vote!! I think you, breeno and I would end up working there hehe!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

QuoteYou've got my vote!! I think you, breeno and I would end up working there hehe!

I was actually hoping to be CEO of the park. Breeno, of course would be Chief Imagineer

Aveen2008

lol I don't care what I am as long as I am there!! Well actually I would like to be Belle hehe!! :belle:

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

Owain

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"NO WAY. England and Scotland already have Alton Towers, Butlin etc. Plus there's a little tunnel you's can use to drive to DLRP. We have nothing !!! So dont be greedy  :P

What about wales ?  :wink:
Disneyland Cymraeg  :wink:
 :lol:

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"NO WAY. England and Scotland already have Alton Towers, Butlin etc. Plus there's a little tunnel you's can use to drive to DLRP. We have nothing !!! So dont be greedy  :P

What about wales ?  :wink:
Disneyland Cymraeg  :wink:
 :lol:

Same island as Eng. and Scot. so same principle.

-breeno-

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Love it PD!!  :D  :D

QuoteInstead of the Molly Brown - Titanic
It's a Small World - It's a Rainy Place
Big Thunder Mountain - Big Craic Mountain
Autopia - Joyrider Heaven..........

Big Craic Mountain, HAHAHAHAHAHA  :lol:  :lol:

This is a great idea from you, and just as you said England, Scotland and Wales (spelt correctly :P ) have the likes of Alton Towers, Butlins etc, what do we have? Fun Fairs or "Death Traps" as i'd call them :P

Love the idea for me being chief imagineer :D  Think we should rename the lands so they are more "irish folk friendly", like...

Main Street USA - The Main Road
Frontierland - The Cowboy Town
Discoveryland - Futureland
Adventureland - That one with all the trees
Fantastyland - The one with that castle

:lol:  :lol:

I'll think of more ideas when they come to me :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "bigrossco"an even better idea

Disneyland Ireland
Disneyland England
Disneyland Scotland

hahahahaha :D

So The Most Patriotic Nation Doesn't Exist?

Do People Forget about us Welsh? We Exist Too... We beat you all in the 6 Nations! Remember.

What About...

Wald Disney Cymru

lil-shawn

hmm interesting idea...
I have to argee with a second diney resort in europe...

lets have a look at the distances

Disneyland Resort Anaheim to Walt Disney World Orlando - 3.495,21 Kilometers
When they realy built a second resort at china so then we have from
Hong Kong to Shanghei - 1.222,47 Kilometers

So the main problem of the Walt Disney Company was to built the Resort in France the heart of Europe. when they built the Park at Spain or Germany we have a distances from 2.044 Kilometers. So the Company didnĀ“t know that paris or france was not so popular for holidays anytime, the most peeps take his holidays in spain or in germany, and now these both countrys are on top of the most visit countrys in europe...

So back to ur idea, hmm a disney park in the size of Hong kong disneyland could work, maybe.

Pete's Dragon

Instead of Need Magic?, I was going to include the tagline Need some Craic?. But instead of sounding magical, its sounds like an approach from a drug dealer  :?

Barnsey313

Imagine all those Brits who are scared of foreigners and other cultures..... congregating in the one disneyland they would remotely consider going to...... It wouldn't work.

Pete's Dragon

It would be great, as long as all the english ones kept their mouth's shut ( kidding  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  )

Barnsey313

Nah most english are prats, just to quote someone from a recent visit from DLRP.

* Stood in queue for big thunder mountain *

'This queue would go much faster if there was more than one train running, the french just aren't clever enough to think of things like that.'