Disney Adding Digital Copies to various releases

Started by mehdi5, August 26, 2008, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehdi5

So anyone cought the air of this too? Narnia and Wall-E have been announced for a DVD and Blu-Ray release, however Disney has added something to the special edition dvd's and blu-ray releases, the 3-Disc releases on dvd and Blu-Ray for these movies will both contain BD-Live, wich is a first in the Disney Blu-Ray series but also a digital copy on the 3rd disc. For those who don't know what a digital copy is, it's a digital file of the movie wich can be played on for instance your laptop, PSP, iPod or other portable media device. Nightmare Before Christmas is also having a Digital Copy added to it's release as confirmed by reviews of the Blu-Ray version this week. So what are your thoughts about this? Personally i'm looking forward to BD Live, but i'm not sure about the digital copies, i hope Disney does it better than 20th Century Fox did at first.

never2old

That is brilliant news!!

Hope they start doing it with all their movies...

mehdi5

Quote from: "never2old"That is brilliant news!!

Hope they start doing it with all their movies...
I would be very much suprised if they did that. Unlike Fox Disney releases a seperate edition with the digital copy, i think they will only do it for the bigger and more popular movies instead of suddenly releasing 2-disc editions for every movie they release. Not sure though.