Rain and crowds... N2O's trip 22-23 August

Started by never2old, August 25, 2008, 05:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

So, where were we...

After the first go on BTM, we went for Tarzan. It was already filling up, so we got to our seats and waited for about 20 minutes (nice and dry, at least)

Show was great, as usual, still my favourite show.

Great music, great acrobats, great story. Just brilliant (the fact that Tarzan is running around very lightly dressed may help a bit  :wink: ...).

After Tarzan, rain had finally completely stopped  :D/ !!! At last!!! And park was still quiet, so we went back to...

for one more go on....

(where this time I hit and bruised my other knee, now my left knee was purple from SM and the right one purple from BTM... not a good trip for knees...)

And then we headed for...

Phantom Manor had no queue. Love it when there's no queue. And for the first time in many visits, the Phantom was clearly visible hanging the groom, in the elevator scene. Excellent! Also for the first time in many visits we took the elevator to the right, I was starting to think it didn't work at all! Not the most exciting thing in the world, I know...

After Phantom Manor, it was getting close to the Parade time, so we went straight for Main Street to find a nice spot to enjoy the parade. Now I don't know if I'm just imagining it, or it's just a coincidence, but it seems to me that the floats smell more if you see them from the right side (Casey's side) than from the left (Gibson's side). Has anyone else felt that?

So anyway, got a nice first row spot by Casey's Corner, and waited impatiently for the show to start!! And weather was still nice and dry, which was brilliant! Not very sunny, but who cares...

So now everyone sing along!!

Once upon a time used to be long long ago ...
Used to be far far away
Look how far we've come today!

After the parade, we were starting to be rather tired... So we went back to our room, for a quick shower, a bit of a rest, and some yummy room service!

Next: DLP by night...

Epcot_Boy

Now this is fun :D/

Thanks for sharing =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

never2old

Next chapter...

And this one will be mostly pics, because I just love these.

By the time we finished dinner and rested a bit, it was almost 09:30. As we wanted to get a nice spot for the Fantillusion, and had done quite a few rides during the day, we decided to take it easy and enjoy the park by night...

And later of course Fantillusion (not very good pics):

After that, we waited for the fireworks... I will spare you those pics because they're simply awful. I did film it, though. I still need to look at the film properly, most of the time I was just pointing the camera without really looking at it (didnt want to experience them through the camera screen...), so probably the video isnt that good either...

Hard to describe what seeing them felt like... I had resisted seeing any of the videos, to keep them a surprise. And they were just gorgeous. Amazing. The music goes beautifully with the fireworks. I was in tears, I confess... Just wonderful. Perfect end to a perfect day...

Day 2, coming soon....

Epcot_Boy

There's nothing like DLRP at night.........just fantastic 8)

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Elaine

I'm loving your trip report - more more more please!
Sitting at Caseys Corner, which (if any) float stopped and performed in front of you?

Elaine

never2old

Thanks you all  :oops:

It really feels like I'm reliving the whole experience, nice to share it with you!

Quote from: "Elaine"Sitting at Caseys Corner, which (if any) float stopped and performed in front of you?

Elaine

The first float stopped (Dreams of Imagination) We had Pluto, Chip & Dale dancing for us  :D

Pete's Dragon

N2O I absolutely love the night time photos, especially BTM and the RIverboat.
But this has to be my favourite photo ever !!!!!! Seriously !

Can I copy it and use it as my desktop please  [-o<

tubbsy

A brilliant report. I have had a few giggles reading it. And I have got to agree with Petes Dragon. That is one amazing photo! The castle looks absolutley fantastic! :D  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

never2old

Thanks  :D

I love that picture too... I think it's the best I've ever taken...

If anyone wants a copy (in higher resolution), feel free to PM me, I can email it to you. I'm in a generous mood, today...

SophieD

your trip report is great N20,
I love all the pictures! I have to agree with Petes Dragon and tubbsy that is one heck of a photo!!

I also love the pictures of the parade!!!

looking forward to day 2!!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Mr_B

Great Report - looking forward to the next installment  =D>

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

never2old

First and most importantly, thank you all for your very kind comments  :) , they're all very much appreciated... And it's a great pleasure to share my trip with you  :D

So, anyhow... First chapter for day 2!

Now, since for Friday we'd had a pretty long day, we decided to have no alarm or anything for Saturday, and to wake up whenever... Again I hardly got any sleep, I kept reliving the previous day, particularly those amazing fireworks, and I kept getting up to have one last peak out of the windows... Around 07:30 I thought that was a reasonable enough time for everyone to get up (I mean, we were already missing park time!!!!) so I managed to get my poor husband out of bed, dressed quickly and headed for breakfast.

On the way, we met Pinocchio:

(I now know NEVER to walk around without a camera, no matter how awake anyone is!)

then headed to the CC lounge for a nice, quiet breakfast. Again got one of the tables right by the windows, so between a coffee sip and some scrambled eggs, I took some more pics of the view:

of my very awake hubby:

(he he, he won't be happy I posted that one...)

and of the lounge:

Not sure my husband found that breakfast particularly relaxing, since everytime I saw people going in into the park (by then it was already past 08:00) I kept telling him to hurry up!!!!, since I didn't want to miss out on the EMH....

Anyway, after a (slightly rushed, apparently  :roll:) breakfast, we went back to the room to pack our bags, and most importantly, say goobye to the room... Which is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do in my life  :cry: To be honest, if we hadn't been on our way to the park, so I had plenty to look forward to, I think they would have had to drag me out of there!!

So, with a heavy heart, we did our check out, and by 09:00 (honestly!!!! 1 whole hour or park time, just gone!!!) we were back in the park!

Saturday morning, weather was OK... Huge improvement on Friday since at least it was dry, but a still a bit grey, and cold. Lovely August weather...

Park was still fairly quiet, so we strolled along a very quiet Main Street...

(shame there wasn't more sun)

towards Discoveryland!!

Cannot start the day without at least a couple of goes on Buzz... So we had three goes on it  :wink:  (on one of them, I actually managed to beat my husband  :D/  but he claims his gun wasn't working properly.... yeah right  :wink:  Of course his average was a lot higher than mine...)

On the way out from Buzz, we noticed that quite unexpectedly, they were opening Autopia! I had never seen it opening during the EMH (it was 09:30), but there it was, freshly opened! We had never been on it, since there's always a huge queue, but since now the queue was a lot smaller (about 10 minutes) we decided to give it a go, see what all the fuss was about...

And it was actually quite fun! I can see why kids would love it, I mean you're driving!!! To be honest, I always thought you had no control over the car... but you do!

Very exciting - this was my third new ride (after ToT and Stitch) on this trip!

After that, I tried to drag my husband to the last ride I have NEVER done, Orbitron (at least in the Park), since again queue wasn't too bad (15 minutes, I think)

but he wouldn't go on it!!!  :evil:  He said that it didn't look that much fun, and wouldn't go!!! Honestly!!!!! If that is not grounds for divorce....

But well, being a loving, forgiving wife  :-({|=  I didn't insist too much...

We went instead to Honey I Shrunk the Audince, where there was still no queue. Unfortunately we got there in time to see the full pre show, which I don't know you people but personally, I profoundly dislike  :evil:  Maybe the first time it was just bearable, but after I dont know how many years, I just don't care anymore about the kid looking for his dog, or the girl kissing that frog, or the power of imagination and least of all, Kodak! Please please please, change this soon...  Still, I do love the rest of the show  :wink: Very funny, and very well done!

After Discoveryland (didn't go on SM because my knees were still very delicate  :( ) we headed towards Fantasyland, and BEHOLD!!!

BLUE SKY

And a very happy me:

More coming up!

tubbsy

Your report is so good and very funny.
I have so much empathy with you about your husband. And I think my husband would have empathy with your husband! :lol:
The Discoveryland photo is very good. But my fave is still the castle 8)
(and my screen looks beautiful now. Thank you :D )

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

MizzRabbit

I am so enjoying this report Elena! I love all your pics and stories and I'm glad yuo had such a great time! Looks like you had a wonderful trip even though the weather was bad. Can't wait to read more! Thanks so much for posting this. :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

never2old

Quote from: "tubbsy"Your report is so good and very funny.
I have so much empathy with you about your husband. And I think my husband would have empathy with your husband! :lol:
The Discoveryland photo is very good. But my fave is still the castle 8)
(and my screen looks beautiful now. Thank you :D )

:wink: Thanks Sam!

I'm going for Christmas with some girl friends, whenever we get together (and start discussing the trip, the park or take our Minnie ears out) all the husbands / boyfriends start rolling their eyes and saying oh no, not again  :roll: ... They should probably all get together and create a forum for victims of DLRP!!

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"I am so enjoying this report Elena! I love all your pics and stories and I'm glad yuo had such a great time! Looks like you had a wonderful trip even though the weather was bad. Can't wait to read more! Thanks so much for posting this. :D

Thanks Honey  :D ! It was a wonderful trip!