Nightmare Before Christmas on DVD Aug. 26th

Started by AmericanMouse, August 22, 2008, 08:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

Live in the USA? The Nightmare Before Christmas is coming out on DVD on August 26th, just in time for the 15th Anniversary.  Included on the two-disc set will be a tour of the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland, that annual layover that crosses Christmas and Halloween.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Live in the USA? The Nightmare Before Christmas is coming out on DVD on August 26th, just in time for the 15th Anniversary.  Included on the two-disc set will be a tour of the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland, that annual layover that crosses Christmas and Halloween.

There are plans to re-release it in the UK from what I've read but its not expected till late september from what I think I remembered Reading... or was it October 2nd? Just hope they put the tour across and the Europe and the UK in Particular get the proposed Blu-Ray Version Too and the Amazing Cover Art I've Seen!

But I found the Fact Walt Disney Records are planning to release the Soundtrack again with the 'covered' versions of the Elfman originals with Artists including Marilyn Manson, Evenecence's Amy Lee... The Soundtrack is Labeled NIghtmare Revisited on September 30th (Would think that be the US Release Date though EU Fans)

But from Wikipedia Rumours... I'm waiting for the releases in March and October 2010-2011... Fantasia, Beauty and The Beast, The Lion King! But I'll await Confirmation from others before I start throwing a Party!

mehdi5

Quote from: "Captain Pan"
Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Live in the USA? The Nightmare Before Christmas is coming out on DVD on August 26th, just in time for the 15th Anniversary.  Included on the two-disc set will be a tour of the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland, that annual layover that crosses Christmas and Halloween.

There are plans to re-release it in the UK from what I've read but its not expected till late september from what I think I remembered Reading... or was it October 2nd? Just hope they put the tour across and the Europe and the UK in Particular get the proposed Blu-Ray Version Too and the Amazing Cover Art I've Seen!

But I found the Fact Walt Disney Records are planning to release the Soundtrack again with the 'covered' versions of the Elfman originals with Artists including Marilyn Manson, Evenecence's Amy Lee... The Soundtrack is Labeled NIghtmare Revisited on September 30th (Would think that be the US Release Date though EU Fans)

But from Wikipedia Rumours... I'm waiting for the releases in March and October 2010-2011... Fantasia, Beauty and The Beast, The Lion King! But I'll await Confirmation from others before I start throwing a Party!
That version of the soundtrack was released  together with Nightmare Before Christmas 3D. I  got the CD soundtrack lying around here somewhere, the covers are pretty good.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "Captain Pan"

That version of the soundtrack was released  together with Nightmare Before Christmas 3D. I  got the CD soundtrack lying around here somewhere, the covers are pretty good.

Walt Disney Recored Are Rereleasing it for now, to coincide (lately if you consider the US Re release date of the movie) with the re release... as Although we looked everywhere in South Wales we were unable to find it for my brother.

penfold12

Is the 3D version getting a re release this year? I know it is in the USA on 19th October, but is it here?

never2old

So will it be released in blu ray?

mehdi5

Quote from: "penfold12"Is the 3D version getting a re release this year? I know it is in the USA on 19th October, but is it here?
I don't think so, if it was i think they would have confirmed it already, but there is a little chance of it happening. So far those Disney Digital 3D releases have been a US only with the exception of one movie, don't remember wich.

EDIT: Blu-Ray version release date for the uk is oktober 6th(source: amazon.co.uk)

Flounder

Quote from: "never2old"So will it be released in blu ray?
For the US the answer is yes!

Cheers,
Flounder

never2old

Quote from: "mehdi5"EDIT: Blu-Ray version release date for the uk is oktober 6th(source: amazon.co.uk)

Excellent  :D/

Must get that...

penfold12

Quote from: "mehdi5"I don't think so, if it was i think they would have confirmed it already, but there is a little chance of it happening. So far those Disney Digital 3D releases have been a US only with the exception of one movie, don't remember wich.

We have had the 3D version released in the UK for the last 2 years....

Anthony

My first ever Blu-Ray arrived today! It looks amazing on this computer, you can see the tiniest details in the models and sets. Obviously you can tell the original film is being pushed a bit by Blu-Ray, the technology gives such a clear picture now that you see all the old imperfections. Seems to be just as good as the Digital cinema version, only in your own home.

The Haunted Mansion Holiday extras are quite nice, and it includes everything the old collector's single DVD did but with the new commentary, etc. If you've been putting off getting blu-ray, now is the time to take the leap.

Don't have an actual blu-ray player to try it in yet, although perhaps in my crazed excitement I managed to order a PS3 online without it really asking me for confirmation. :|  :shock:  Oh well, that's what student loans are for.

Roll on Sleeping Beauty!!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"My first ever Blu-Ray arrived today! It looks amazing on this computer, you can see the tiniest details in the models and sets. Obviously you can tell the original film is being pushed a bit by Blu-Ray, the technology gives such a clear picture now that you see all the old imperfections. Seems to be just as good as the Digital cinema version, only in your own home.

The Haunted Mansion Holiday extras are quite nice, and it includes everything the old collector's single DVD did but with the new commentary, etc. If you've been putting off getting blu-ray, now is the time to take the leap.

Don't have an actual blu-ray player to try it in yet, although perhaps in my crazed excitement I managed to order a PS3 online without it really asking me for confirmation. :| Oh well, that's what student loans are for.

Roll on Sleeping Beauty!!

Great to see people are seeing the value of Blu Ray its only taken near enough 2years in the UK but Finally!

NOw I forgot that was scheduled for a monday release... May have to consider buying it now!

But your doing the right thing Ant Student loans are for making your studing experience enjoyable and with Disney now moving the Games Industry with the launch of thier first ever character forgotten game (not actually concerning anything to do with the company other than the DI logo)... The PS3 is a great catch! Even if its just for the Blu Ray Tech!

And its going to get better with more Snow White, Pinnochio(March), Lion King, Fantasia/2000, and Beauty and the Beast following Sleeping Beauty up in the next 18-24 months!

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "Captain Pan"But I found the Fact Walt Disney Records are planning to release the Soundtrack again with the 'covered' versions of the Elfman originals with Artists including Marilyn Manson, Evenecence's Amy Lee... The Soundtrack is Labeled NIghtmare Revisited on September 30th
Oh I was just about to start a post about this when I found this here! :D I've just found out about this CD and heard some of the tracks - Amy Lee's version of Sally's Song is beautiful... and it made me cry  :shock: (It's kind of relevant to my life right now lol!) Marilyn Manson's version of This Is Halloween... well, I don't like the guy usually but the song, I don't know, just seems to work with him singing it, I can't really explain what I mean any more clearly than that but I can't stop listening to it now!  :lol: Korn's Kidnap The Sandy Claws is slightly odd though, it scared me a bit lol! ;)

It's inspired me to watch the film again for the first time in a long time lol.... And is it REALLY 15 years since it was released?! *feels VERY old*  :?

\":lamp:\"

never2old

My Nightmare bluray has been delayed, AGAIN!!! Now they say it's going to be another 10 days before it's sent out!!!! Why me???

This is so annoying!!!!  :x