Photography - Artwork

Started by burntsienna, August 20, 2008, 02:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

This isnt really art, but its one of my most treasured.

Pete's Dragon

Oh sorry, forgot to explain why.

Eve of the Millenium, me and six friends headed to Edinburgh for the street party. Imagine the scene. There we are, all nicely wrapped up, holding onto our plastic bottles of alcohol. We came down a street called The Mound, which connects with the middle of Princess Street ( where the party's at ). On the middle of the hill, I asked a kindly old man to take a photo of us. To the right, is the mile-long street party, behind us the beautiful Castle gardens, and to our left the Castle all lit up with different colours and lasers. It was a beautiful clear night and the stars were out in the heavens.

Sounds lovely, eh ? Sadly the Kind old man decided unwittingly to take a photo of his thumb  :(  Didn't realise until I got them developed. If only digital cameras had been around.

Anyway, I know in my mind what it should look like, even if it didnt go according to plan.

burntsienna

Aww thats a great story!
The photograph is very symbolic then for you  :)
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

burntsienna

Heres a photograph from one of my projects at college, I spray painted my arm and photographed it coming out of my pond :D

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "burntsienna"Heres a photograph from one of my projects at college, I spray painted my arm and photographed it coming out of my pond :D

oh that's creepy. Makes me think of the film What Lies Beneath  :?

burntsienna

I love that film!
It was meant to be quite creapy and how the old tales of Marmaids/Sirens were, and how they were evil and would drown people  :)

MizzRabbit

It reminds me of Samara...creeeeepy...

Lovely photographs all of you! Glad you started this as a seperate thread Laura.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

DLP-Photos.com

That photo is quite disturbing Laura, but in a very wonderful way. I really like it!

The story about the thumb-photo is really funny  :lol:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

burntsienna

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"It reminds me of Samara...creeeeepy...

Lovely photographs all of you! Glad you started this as a seperate thread Laura.
Quote from: "forza_united"That photo is quite disturbing Laura, but in a very wonderful way. I really like it!

The story about the thumb-photo is really funny :lol:

Aww thanks :D
I'm glad you find it creepy and disturbing haha means it's done its job  :lol:

Heres a non-creepy one

Clarebelle

this ones more of a holiday snap...
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Remco K.

Oh my, a new topic, and it's filling pretty fast again! :P Brilliant photos of everyone in here! :)

Here are some of my photos:

BraviSEAmo - the nightime spectacular of Tokyo DisneySea. This was taken after the show finished.

This is just a nice spot at the Tokyo Disneyland castle.

Tokyo

London, with a nice view on the London Eye.

MinniesBestPal

WOW! I love the picture of tokyo city!

*fingers crossed* I hope this works!  [-o<

YES! IT WORKED!

Ok, this is a photo from my Normandy trip! We went to the 2nd floor of the eiffel tower, and I took this picture (without noticing it was the shadow side) and then I showed my dad all the photos he said it was "an artistic shot" XD

Pete's Dragon

Remko, I Love the Tokoyo photo, how long did you have the exposure set for? I love photos of cities at night ( big fan of director Michael Mann's style, even if the films aren't always great )  =D>

MinniesBestPal that shadow of the tower is brilliant. Its visible but not too defined, which if great cause you have to look abit harder at it, and in doing so draws you into the photo.  =D>

burntsienna

Wow great photographs Remco! I love the exposers you've used - absolutally brilliant!

MinniesBestPal your photograph makes me wish I could go up the Eiffel Tower right now =]

Here's a random shot of Redcar beach  :)

DLP-Photos.com

All the new pictures are just great - I especially love the picture from Tokyo with the lights and the b/w of Redcar beach (the giant rocks looks really great!)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]