Careers in DLRP, can anyone help?

Started by -breeno-, August 19, 2008, 03:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Hey,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasn't too sure where to post it.

Now some of you may know that my absolute dream job is to work in DLRP, be an imagineer to be exact, but i was wondering how do i go about to become an imagineer?  I know it's not as easy as applying for a job in your local supermarket and I'm wondering have i picked the correct subjects for GCSE for my dream job (I'm only 14 BTW if you don't know), i picked IT (computers), Technology and design, Art and design and French, as well as english, maths and science of course.  Pretty much what i want to know is how can i become an imagineer, is there a certain university i can go to for it (I'm guessing it's in America)?  If anyone can explain it and if you have any good links I'd be very grateful.

One other thing, i think you can work in DLRP for a summer can't you?  How old do you have to be and how do you apply for it?

Thank you very much in advance :D

Oh and if anyone else would like to ask questions about careers feel free to use this topic :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

MizzRabbit

You're so lucky you already know what you want with your life. I'm 24 and I'm just figuring it out and it's too late for me to try something different. :(

Anyway, when I started on the forum I asked the same question as you on how to become an imagineer so maybe if you can find that post you can find some answers. I forgot to check up on it. I hope you'll get the answers you need and that your dream will come true.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

GeoffD

i think you've picked some good options, and even if you haven't the jobs are still open for you.

Just a word to the wise, French isn't an easy option. You'll learn more french in the next few years than ever before, you can often come out of it fluent (depending on teacher).

ford prefect

I would initially try and find similar jobs in other companies before working for Disney, as a proven track record would be very appealing to them.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

burntsienna

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"You're so lucky you already know what you want with your life. I'm 24 and I'm just figuring it out and it's too late for me to try something different. :(

Anyway, when I started on the forum I asked the same question as you on how to become an imagineer so maybe if you can find that post you can find some answers. I forgot to check up on it. I hope you'll get the answers you need and that your dream will come true.

Aww Honey it's never too late! You're still young so I say go for your dream!  :mrgreen:

I'm not sure how reliable this information is but I remember a couple of years ago I was reading about becoming a CM at DLRP and it said that French was a must language, then English was a preffered, and then a third language was also preffered.
Like I said though, I'm not sure of how reliable the information was.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

15MagicalYears

I'm not sure about Imaginearing but I have heard of people who started of in Entertainment and worked their way up to being a Director in entertainment which is fantastic. :)

Remco K.

Information about internships from the FAQ at http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/inte ... ering.html (Thanks SophieD for the link):

Q. I have already graduated from college. Can I apply for an internship?

A. No, with the exception of Animal Programs. The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Internship Program is reserved for those who are currently enrolled in college. For other opportunities, please visit DisneyCareers.com. For Animal Programs, internships are available to individuals within one year of graduation.

Q. Are there standard qualifications for internships?

A. Each internship requires that you are at least 18 years of age and are able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Additional requirements are different for each posting. Some require a minimum GPA. Please reference each individual posting for their specific requirements prior to applying.

Q. I've just graduated from high school and don't plan on attending college until a later time. Do you have a program for me?

A. Yes. To learn more about Disney's Career Start Program, please visit the website at http://www.DisneyCareerStart.com.

Q. How do I apply for an internship in Paris?

A. Please visit DisneylandParis-Casting.com. For internship opportunities at our other parks and resorts, please visit the respective website:

HongKongDisneyland.com or TokyoDisneyland.com

I believe I've once heard you should at least study art and architecture. Unless you want technical job off course.

buzz

Hi could anyone tell me about this line of work cos i have been working in pools and gyms for the last 4 years and i was wondering if they have any jobs like that in disney or more rightly a leisure manager jobs as thats what i do now

-breeno-

Thank you so much everyone for your comments so far :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!