Cars (2006)

Started by Anthony, November 26, 2005, 11:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I've been annoyed about this for a while, but now it's confirmed: Cars will only be a 1 disc dvd...

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1027705/Product.html

:evil: Yet, god damn my pixar love, I'm still ordering it! :lol:

November is a crazy month for Disney - POTC2, Cars and Little Mermaid all within three weeks...

Anthony

Less than a week till Cars!

Wooooooooooooooooo hoooo! :D  :D

penfold12

Just got an email off play.com to say my copy was posted today, as ever it should arrive tomorrow or saturday, they always get here the weekend before official release

DisneyBud

I saw an advert on TV for the first time about the DVD

penfold12

Well my copy arrived today, and I have to say, what a let down. I love the movie, but the special features......

Anyone know why Pixar decided to end the two disc versions and just release this? I know it wasnt as sucessfull in europe as other Pixar movies, but it did well enough to warrent a two disc release! Any idea's?

Anthony

Yeah, as expected the DVD is a major letdown.  I watched it on Monday night, and after the film and "all" the extras, I was just sat there, wanting, NEEDING more.  I ended up watching the first 30mins of the film again.  That "Inspiration for Cars" segment is really cool, but it just cuts off after showing so many tiny clips of their roadtrip.

They're so cruel to do this to us, I just hope the 2 disc version arrives sooner rather than later.  There should be some kind of law against companies "double dipping" their releases.  I'd bet on it being a Disney decision rather than Pixar.

For anyone who wants some proper behind the scenes videos, I suggest you go and get them for free - find the official Cars video podcast on the iTunes directory.  They're mainly just-for-fun quick videos, but they give you more than the DVD.

I love the film more each time btw, my 2nd favourite Pixar.

Edit: This is a good insight from ultimatedisney.com:

Quote from: "UltimateDisney.com"Based on Pixar's splendid track record on DVD and Disney's current penchant for animated re-releases, this appears to be one of the most transparent double-dip set-ups in the history of home video. It seems almost certain that sometime next year (probably after the Oscars and before Ratatouille is released), Cars will get its proper treatment on both DVD and Blu-ray. It's just too bad that most interested parties will have already bought this vanilla disc by then.

What kind of bonus material has been left off this DVD release? A lot. Based on past Pixar DVDs and published comments from those in the know, things that are likely to surface on a reissue are the film's assorted trailers and TV spots; one or two audio commentaries; animators' computer bloopers; music videos (a Disney Channel Circle of Stars performance of "Route 66" has been mentioned in print); the behind-the-scenes reports from the road that were made available over the summer as video podcasts; the John Ratzenberger-hosted Pixar 20th Anniversary Special that aired on ABC's The Wonderful World of Disney; galleries of artwork, posters, and merchandise; and featurettes on the voice cast, "CARS Road Trip '06", and the movie's world premiere at the Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte. Then there is the stuff that is showing up in international 2-disc sets or retailer-exclusive bonus discs, including Rascal Flatts' "Life is a Highway" music video, the making of it, a separate "making of the music" featurette, ABC Family's "Under the Hood" TV episode. Obviously some of this content could remain exclusive and not resurface, but have no doubt that there is a tremendous wealth of relevant supplements that could be employed for a re-release.

penfold12

Thats bad show im afraid. I always feel that the usual release of these movies onto DVD was handled fantasticly. Four month release window after the cinema release, with all the bonus material for collectors. Ok re release the classics as they are in a two disc version years later, but 12 months on with a re release?? Its just greedy. Having said that, the special features are aimed at collectors and Disney fans, and I suppose that the know that just like me, the majority will buy it asap on initial release, and stiil but it again to gain the special features. It just begins to leave a sour taste in the mouth....

Nala_84

I guess the DVD has got nearly no extras?!

"Welcome to the club" we would say, now you see how they treat us German fans  :cry:

Is it confirmed there'll be a 2-Disc-Version soon??
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Owain

Just got Cars on Dvd now. Going to watch it, Hope its good.  :)

Owain

Has anyone seen the advert for the Cars Premiere on Disney Cinemagic.

Its amazing, i have to say that advert sure pulled me into watching it  :) '

Although ive seened it so many times and still love the film ! :lol:

GeoffD

what date are they showing it?

I need to see Cars, only pixar film i'm ashamed to say i've not seen.

TowMater

Quote from: "doddy13"what date are they showing it?

I need to see Cars, only pixar film i'm ashamed to say i've not seen.

It's coming on Disney Cinemagique next month, I've saw a advert of it on Sky One on Tuesday so if you subscribe to Sky Magazines, Look into Sky Kids and go onto the Disney Channel page so that page will help you know the date.  :wink:

Quote from: "Owain"Has anyone seen the advert for the Cars Premiere on Disney Cinemagic.

Its amazing, i have to say that advert sure pulled me into watching it  :) '

Although ive seened it so many times and still love the film ! :lol:

Me too, I expected it to be out in July so I've waited for a year for this.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

TowMater

I've just got the Sky magazine and Cars comes on TV on December 16th at 4pm and 7pm.

I'm watching both of the showings!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Willow

Unofortunately another member of the cast died today. Paul Newman was the voice of Doc Hudson.
He is the second member of the cast to die alongside George Carlin who voiced Fillmore.

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Willow"Unofortunately another member of the cast died today. Paul Newman was the voice of Doc Hudson.
He is the second member of the cast to die alongside George Carlin who voiced Fillmore.

Really sad to hear about Paul Newman, but from his medical condition it was only a matter of time.

A true screen [strike:2dqede9z]great[/strike:2dqede9z] Legend : Hud, The Colour of Money, The Hustler, Cool Hand Luke, THE STING to name but a few ( and all classics ).

" Great to meet you kid. You're a real horse's a** "
The Sting