Cars (2006)

Started by Anthony, November 26, 2005, 11:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"I was very fortunate to see the Flemish version of Cars today!  The story and animation are really good, it's actually one of the few Pixar movies I can appreciate  :wink: .
Really? Wow, it's got to be good then!  :lol: I remember your dislike of The Incredibles... 8)

I'm desperate to see Cars, I don't know why we have to wait until the end of July in the UK.  They should have released it now, whilst there's nothing else worth seeing.  In July we'll have POTC2, Superman, Cars, and lots of others... It's going to be a fierce battle.

Does anyone have the Cars soundtrack? I've listened to preview clips online and it sounds rather good.  Randy Newman's score sounds good (if a little too much like Toy Story as usual), and the driving songs at the start are pretty darn cool. :D

Nala_84

Well, we have to wait until September in Germany :( I'm not interested in cars (instead of my boyfriend), but I'm really looking forward to the film!! The cars look so sweet, somehow disneylike, so full of details and friendly! Although I don't really know yet what the film is about *g*

(By the way, has anyone seen "The Wild"? I've heard it shall be too much madagascarlike...)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Patrick

Nice to see you like ot Raptor :D , erm reason it's not coming out here till July the stupid reason is because apparently everyone in the UK is overly obsessed with the world cup this month argh so they don't want to release it till next month when the world cup has finished.  Actually probably the reason why no decent movies have been released here this month :evil: .

experiment627

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"erm reason it's not coming out here till July the stupid reason is because apparently everyone in the UK is overly obsessed with the world cup this month argh so they don't want to release it till next month when the world cup has finished.

Sounds like a very good reason to me.  8)

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"everyone in the UK is overly obsessed with the world cup this month
Ugh... yet another reason why I hate the event.  :evil: You know you live in a strange country when the world has to stop because some silly overpaid goons are playing some sport.

Having said that, I can understand experiment627's point of view - they're probably experiencing in Germany a mild version of what we'll get with the Olympics in 2012, when having our country come to a standstill will probably be quite enjoyable.  Still won't excuse pushing back the release of a Pixar film though... :P

And yes, I suppose it does make sense for Disney.  It's a shame they couldn't preview it for a few days this month or something though, just for those people trying to escape football...  8)

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"
Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Having said that, I can understand experiment627's point of view - they're probably experiencing in Germany a mild version of what we'll get with the Olympics in 2012

Baloo, I so don't care about football.... Really - but the atmosphere here in Germany is so overwhelmingly positive right now and everyone seems to be so enthusiastic and happy about the whole World Cup that I can't say anything but: I love the World Cup!

PS: And I'm jealous of you guys getting the Olympics.  :P

Nala_84

QuoteYou know you live in a strange country when the world has to stop because some silly overpaid goons are playing some sport.

Yay!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this point of view :)! I'm involved with 2 cities: Gelsenkirchen (where I live) and Dortmund (where I study). Every day the trains come too late or even don't come. That cannot be only that the silly fans have their advantages  :x It's the same with the releasing or not-releasing of Disney/Pixar films!

By the way, has none of you seen The Wild?  :P
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "Nala_84"By the way, has none of you seen The Wild?  :P

viewtopic.php?t=582   :wink:

Dlrpfan

lol
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

You can help Disney market Cars in the UK!  Take the Lightning fast survey: http://www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/carsresearch/

It's interesting to see what poster options they try out.

Patrick

Seen it today, what can I say apart from oh my god what a surprise, I did not expect it to be this good, but it really is an amazing movie.  Not as much a comedy as some of their movies, though has a decent storyline and tried to show a good amount of meaning in the movie.  The music, animation and all the rest make this probably one of my favourite movies of the year, and definately my 3rd favourite Pixar movie.  Plus the end credits are definately fun, I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it yet though.

Fantillusion

I need to go and see cars soon, it seems well worth it!
-Craig

The Butlin Boy

Just seen Cars, WOW :o ! The animation was incredible, the story was good and the cinema scene during the credits was hillarious, the only bad things were that some of the children in the audience who kept talking through the film , the heat in the cinema and there was a family that brought a few babies which kept crying ( :evil: ) but I can't blame the film for that.

Anthony

I have to just add to the comments above... I finally saw the film today, and it's absolutely brilliant.  Lightyears better than I expected and just utterly amazingly brilliant from every angle.  The characters: brilliant.  The story: predictable yet surprisingly brilliant.  The music: cooool.  The animation: breathtaking - Pixar are single-handedly pulling CGI into a whole new dimension.  It's not just very very pretty to look at, but the way the cars move and the way they express themselves was flawless.

I can't believe most reviews gave this film 3 stars.  I'd say 5 stars would be a harsh score!  I was preparing myself for the "dull" second act but... it never arrived, the whole thing was perfect.  I just really fell in love with it all, and cannot wait to see Radiator Springs come to life in WDS next year.  John Lasseter really does deserve all the credit he gets.

If anyone's hesitating over seeing this film because of the bad reviews or - and I think this applies to a lot of people - because it's "just about talking cars", forget all that and GO SEE IT!  Kachow!

Btw, yes - Toy Car Story is perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen.  I also liked the birds from "For The Birds" (the pre-Monsters Inc short) on the telegraph wires as McQueen's truck sped through the canyon. :)

*puts Cars soundtrack on repeat while staring at Cars Race Rally concept art*

Nala_84

Kachow! Kachow!

I've seen the film yesterday in the cinema (it's been released yesterday in Germany). I like it sooo much :)

Before I've seen it I thought that the film could not reach my Disney/Pixar-Favourites Monsters, INC or Nemo coz I'm not interested in "cars" or other technical stuff ;) But the film is really so great, such a fine and natural animation (I mean the backgrounds, not the talking cars ;) ) and so lovely characters! I'm looking forward when it'll be out on DVD in many looong months!

I guess the character I like the most ist Lightning coz of his character-changing process. And Hook and Sally coz of their lovely, warmhearted characters :)
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]