The Disney Channel, After 2009

Started by Owain, August 08, 2008, 03:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Ive been thinking, what will happen with disney channel after 2009.

-Hannah Montana last series (Series 3) airs
-High School Musical 3 would have been released the year before, and i heard there was no HSM4
-This year The suite life of zac and cody ended.

These are 3 of there MAJOR franchises and there all finishing. Oviousbly they wont die out as they will still be popular and more merhcandise will be made and they will still air on Disney Channel but disney channel are going to have to come up with a few more ideas now to keep viewers up as they will get bored watching the same programmes. And even lizzie mcguire is not played anymore, so this could lead to other programmes stop airing like Thats so Raven.

I no that there is a camp rock 2 plannes, but i dont think it was as big as HSM but it featured the jonas brothers who americans are very fond of right now.

There is a new programme coming out called J.O.N.A.S meaning Junior Operatives Networking As Spies *cough* CHEESEY *cough* which will probably be popular as the jonas brothers are the main characters.

Theres a spin off series of The suite life called, The Suite Life on Deck which features London Tipton and the Twins and 3 new characters.

Aparantly Selena gomas who plays Alex Russo in Wizards of Waverly Place will be the "next miley cyrus" so viewers may shoot up. And new disney channel star Demi Lovato is aparantly another "Next Miley Cyrus".

And we still have Corey in the House which is the spin off show too thats so raven and starts corey baxter ravens younger brother.

So does this mean we could start to see more spin off's from Disney Channel?

So what are you opinions on the future of Disney Channel ?

burntsienna

I'm all for new shows, but there is only a certain amount of spin-offs that can be done before the shows just get bad, thankfully the Disney Channel hasn't reached this point...yet...
I'd like to see some new shows (not spin offs) and maybe some Classic Toons being shown in during the adverts or like when As the Bell Rings is on.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Owain

Quote from: "burntsienna"or like when As the Bell Rings is on.
GET RID OF AS THE BELL RINGS ! :evil:

It's so cheesey and it isnt funny !
Its just another think of English cant do American T.V  !
E.G - Living on the Edge vs. Laguna Beach
        Pimp my ride UK vs. Pimp my ride
        Sweet sixteen UK vs. Sweet sixteen

I no, as the bell rings UK was the first disney channel uk production i think. But its really bad!

burntsienna

I fully agree with you there!
I can't stand it...makes the breaks between programs draaaaaagggg lol  :lol:  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

AmericanMouse

There will be a High School Musical 4 in 2009.  Three of the new lead characters are being introduced in the HSM 3: Senior Year theatrical film, so they will have a somewhat tough act to follow.  Also, don't rule out a Camp Rock 2 in '09 as well.

Clarebelle

QuoteHannah Montana last series (Series 3) airs

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

casschr05

No doubt there will be more 5min mini's like Life bites, as the bell rings, and Brian O Brian!
to be honest Disney need new shows not spin-offs and I would prefer less shows like 'Ive got a rocket' or whatever that programme is :lol:

buzz

I say bring back boy meets world

TowMater

Disney Channel isn't supposed to have comedy, It should have Classic Toons, Timon & Pumbaa, Recess etc.

It's not the same when Hannah Montana & HSM moved in.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century