Toy Story Mania

Started by Japper, August 04, 2008, 08:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Hey everybody,

So I just got back from orlando and I had a great time!

So I rode this new attraction: ' Toy Story Mania' and it is awesome! You just want to ride it over and over again! This is something we need in our WDS.. it's not that expensive, has a good capacity and fits just perfect into Toon Studio!
How about making the entrance at the gate where our toontown photolocation now is?
The building could be somewhere else, but this way you have a great entrance and you could make the waiting line very long (but you don't have to make it RCT-style)...

At the end they could make a big giftshop so that Toon Studio finally has his own giftshop with pixar-stuff.

So could this be realistic? It isn't that expensive attraction, isn't it?
Share your ideas about this attraction!

denethor

Couldn't agree more, Toy Story Mania is the atteraction WDS needs, interactive, fun and with great repeatability.  Never tried it but I imagine its a bit like Buzz Lightyear witch is really good.

I believe TSM will be a better choice to add to the WDS than SOARIN' or something like that.  It all comes down to repeatability.

Kristof

QuoteI believe TSM will be a better choice to add to the WDS than SOARIN' or something like that. It all comes down to repeatability.

Be careful what you wish for!  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Owain

Quote from: "Kristof"
QuoteI believe TSM will be a better choice to add to the WDS than SOARIN' or something like that. It all comes down to repeatability.

Be careful what you wish for!  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Oh is that a sneaky hint from raptor ?

MinniesBestPal

OOH! I WANT A SOARIN! SOARIN IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER! (imo...)

I love soarin'! I really hope they add that instead of Toy story mania! It looks good and all, but we've already got buzz lightyears lazer blast!

Japper

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"OOH! I WANT A SOARIN! SOARIN IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER! (imo...)

I love soarin'! I really hope they add that instead of Toy story mania! It looks good and all, but we've already got buzz lightyears lazer blast!

Seriously, we are in the imagineering section of the forum here!!!

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Toy Story Mania are completely different in ride experience! You only know that once you have ride both... I didn't expect that either!

But I was thinking , what about Pixar Mania for our resort? Each game contains a different movie.. A Bugs life insect game , Monsters Inc Door game, Nemo Bubble game, Ratatouille cheese game and so on..

MinniesBestPal

QuoteSeriously, we are in the imagineering section of the forum here!!!

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Toy Story Mania are completely different in ride experience! You only know that once you have ride both... I didn't expect that either!

Whats that supposed to mean?

15MagicalYears

I'm not long back from WDW either and I have got to admit it was fantastic   =D>
It would make a great addition to WDS  [-o<   :D

Maarten

Quote from: "Japper"This is something we need in our WDS.. it's not that expensive, has a good capacity and fits just perfect into Toon Studio!

How does it fit? Its Toon Studio, not Paradise Pier remember? :wink:

Quote from: "Japper"Share your ideas about this attraction!

I'm afraid its too similar to Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast since it uses the shooting aspect and the Toy Story property aswell. I believe you when you say the experience is totally different, but still... I would rather choose the new Monsters Inc. Hide & Seek currently build at Tokyo Disneyland over Toy Story Mania. Besides, to be really honest... Toy Story has enough exposure in Paris already (Pizza Planet, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Woody's Roundup, float in Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade, car in Disney Stars & Motorcars Event etc.) So if you ask me, lets keep Toy Story Mania in Orlando (and Anaheim).

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"OOH! I WANT A SOARIN! SOARIN IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER! (imo...)

I completely agree. Soarin' is great and to me it has a high repeatability aswell. It all comes down to one's personal preference I think. Interaction and repeatability aren't always the same. Besides, Soarin' is a unique experience that can't be compared to any other attraction in Paris unlike Midway Mania vs. Laser Blast (wether its a rightfull comparison or not).

Soarin' can be themed to fit in Walt Disney Studios quite well I think. The ultimate connection between Hollywood, California and aviation is Howard Hughes, so it shouldn't be that hard to fit it in the park. It could even be themed around the new DisneyNature studio brand. Imagine a new film with scenes similar to in style to Planet Earth. But thats a bit offtopic.

MinniesBestPal

I agree!

Anthony

Why not retheme Toy Story Midway Mania to something else?  The technology and ride system would be incredibly easy to change into something else. Something like... Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and co? I'm still amazed that we're given all these Pixar properties yet the characters who really get mobbed by the public in the park are the Fab 5.

So here's my pitch... Somewhere over the back of Toon Studio, you stumble upon a TV soundstage advertising for game show contestants. Scrooge McDuck is giving away some of his millions, but only to the most skilled midway game players. You could work in elements of Duckberg here and pretty much every classic Disney cartoon character.

In the queue there'd be funny posters for other TV shows filmed at Toon Studio, and lots of props related to the games you're about to play, as if Donald and Goofy have put the whole set together by hand. Things are half-painted, props broken, and the star attraction wouldn't be Mr Potato Head but an animatronic Scrooge McDuck. I guess he could tip his hat, rather than take out an ear.

The games themselves would work the same as TSMM -- you'd have a yellow rubber duck shootout around Donald's boat, a ring toss around Mickey Mouse ears, an acorn attack on something trying to steal Chip 'n' Dale's food, etc, etc... Games for Pluto, Minnie, all of them.  At the end, if you've got a big enough score, you'd get to play for Scrooge McDuck's big star prize. Though inevitably Goofy would cause a slip up and you'd lose everything.

Any other ideas for different themes?

MinniesBestPal

WOW! Thats a good idea!

How about something to do with the little mermaid? then you could have all the under the sea areas, ursulas cave, atlantica, etc.

Captain Pan

Anthony that is simply genius.... Simply genius... we get the same game so its just minor details in the end needing sorting out! Should cost WDI very little to sort out... and even theming won't be too difficult as the studios were supposed to be a 'working studio' to my recollection!

Ant Simply Genius

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Captain Pan"Anthony that is simply genius.... Simply genius... we get the same game so its just minor details in the end needing sorting out! Should cost WDI very little to sort out... and even theming won't be too difficult as the studios were supposed to be a 'working studio' to my recollection!

Ant Simply Genius

Totally agree with you, Anthony that really is a fantastic idea =D>

AmericanMouse

I have said in the Third Gate threads that DLP should have a Pixar-themed park with Toy Story Mania, plus the proposed Monsters Inc coaster at DHS in Florida, a cars Land akin to the pending one at DCA in Anaheim, and maybe move the Crush Coaster to that area from WDSP Toon Studios.