Epcot_Boy's Glorious trip to DLRP 31/7/08 to 5/8/08

Started by Epcot_Boy, August 06, 2008, 10:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epcot_Boy

:hello:  everyone.

Just back from a terrific trip to the land of Dreams ( and a little magic ). I have taken 20+ videos and 1500+ photos so it will take me some time to sort out the goodies from the, well, not so good :oops:
When that's done will post the report.
However, for a little fun, heres a video taster of what it can be like, crowd wise, in the middle of the summer season :lol:

[youtube:2gfincqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X3bTe-C9Iw[/youtube:2gfincqs]

Now that's what I call busy :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

burntsienna

Wow, it looks even more jam packed then when i was there at the beginning of July!
Looking forwards to seeing some more vids and some photos, and of course your trip report =]
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

davewasbaloo

I am now worried about our upcoming trip!!!! I hate crowds sooooo much. I have been in August before and it has not been that bad in past years, but it looks like we better brace ourselves.
since 2001 (many before that)

Javey74

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Now that's what I call busy :wink:
It sure is looking at that footage,  :shock:

I've been in August before and it's usually busy, but never that busy.  Then again that was in 2006 before the 15th Anniversary mind... :roll:

MinniesBestPal

I was too busy concentrating on the song in the background...made me cry a tiny bit...I miss dlrp... It did sound busy though!

I'm guessing that was right at the end of the parade! Can't wait for more!

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I am now worried about our upcoming trip!!!! I hate crowds sooooo much. I have been in August before and it has not been that bad in past years, but it looks like we better brace ourselves.

Same here :s btw, what dates are you going im there from 16th for 7 days :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Malin

Kind of concern how the video shows a lot of people leaving the park :P

Regarding the crowds I started a thread on this here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5147

Feel free to add your experiences and I look forward to your trip report.

SophieD

woah!!! i bet you felt like sardines in a can!!
hope you had a good time though!!
cannot wait to see the pictures, videos and of course your trip report!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Disney_Princess

Is that just after the parade or something??
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]

Epcot_Boy

31/7/08

Well, here we go...........

This report will mainly be made up of Daily comments, for and against, that sort of thing, a few vids and some pics.
Having travelled by eurostar before I knew that it was the only way to travel for me, but using it again reminded me once again just how fantastic it is.
It would be easy for me to fly from Norwich, but Eurostar is such a lovely and relaxing way to travel to the magic that it takes some beating.
Your quickly through customs and sitting comfortably in a lovely chair waiting for permission to board, and then along comes.............

[youtube:l6bpuhl7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG23G4vqE7k[/youtube:l6bpuhl7]

How  8)  is that  =D>

Anyhow, after the entertainment it's a quick escalator trip and your on board and winding your way to DLRP.

Just under 3 hours later and your off the Disney Bus and heading to your hotel.........in my case the.........

Because I was staying on the Admirals floor it was less than an hour in the.......

and I was ready for the magic to come.

So yes.........To me if you live in good ole England, then Eurostar is the only way to travel, even if you have to travel a few miles to get to St.Pancras...........Eurostar is the way to go =D>  :wink:

So I was off and walking down to the parks (Disneyland Park for today) and in the distance I could see.........

It's a beautiful site when it's working and there's no wind to stop it's operation. It just seems to add something just a little extra to the village, which lets face it, the village needs all the help it can get :(
At night the village can look spectacular, with all the lights etc, but by day, well investment is needed, urgently.........

Anyhow, a quick walk through the.............village.......

and a stop at.........

for a vastly over priced bottle of water.

Anyhow, out of the village, a few more paces and there it was..........

I was at the gates of to me the most wonderful of places, that even though it has many faults, still remains at the top of my places to visit, year after year after..........DisneyLand Park...........Paris

It is a tradition with me that on the first day of a visit I just spend the first day wondering around the Disneyland Park soaking up the atmosphere........

So it was around..........

and there, up the top of Main Street and just past Central Plaza, is one of the Five most photographed castles in the world.............

and one more

oh go on :lol:   one more :D/

:) as you can see I can't get enough of that ole castle =D>

anyhow, the stroll around the park began.........and here's some nice pics :D

and here's a nice one inside SB's Castle..........

Gentle stroll over, it was time to head for Cape Cod and some much needed food.......

Joy of the Day

Whilst walking through the park, and please this is not a political statement or any other kind of statement for that matter, I came across a muslim lady wearing the traditional black clothing that only allowed for her eyes to be seen........I'm not sure of the name of the clothing......... :oops:  but what struck me was as she played and laughed with her children...........she wore a pair of Mickey Ears :mickey2:  It seems that even though there is mistrust between some cultures and misunderstanding of each others ways........Disney can break through all that, and allow us to laugh together instead of at each other =D>
I just loved it.

More to come

Epcot_Boy :mickey1:

David

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Disney_Princess"Is that just after the parade or something??

I have to admit to being a little bit naughty, I thought this might tease some people :D  :lol:  :wink:

Yep..........it was taken just after the parade was finished, and it was also a French bank holiday.........put the 2 together and you get one h**l of a crowd :(

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Javey74

Thanks for that running photographic commentry Epcot Boy.  :D/

I liked it very much, a bit of a change to a trip report, always nice to see.  =D>

You've got my report appetite up, ready to take on board your next run... :wink:  :D

Well done.  :D/  :D/

MinniesBestPal

Aww man now I'm crying again! I wanna go back there so much!

Great trip report! I love the videos and photographs!

Rain

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Joy of the Day

Whilst walking through the park, and please this is not a political statement or any other kind of statement for that matter, I came across a muslim lady wearing the traditional black clothing that only allowed for her eyes to be seen........I'm not sure of the name of the clothing......... :oops:  but what struck me was as she played and laughed with her children...........she wore a pair of Mickey Ears :mickey2:  It seems that even though there is mistrust between some cultures and misunderstanding of each others ways........Disney can break through all that, and allow us to laugh together instead of at each other =D>
I just loved it.

More to come

Epcot_Boy :mickey1:

Thank you for sharing this magical moment - just proves the magic of Disney.
Love the style of your report - it really feels like you are giving us a guided tour.

Epcot_Boy

1/8/08

Well up like a lark :-"  :^o  well awake anyhow :wink:

and looking out the window at the beautiful............

view.........

So it was off to the studios today, and as I wondered down past Lake D I took a look over my shoulder at my beautiful hotel, how I love it, lovely.........

[youtube:1xn86hjh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOSWnW867TI[/youtube:1xn86hjh]

Past...........

looking as lovely as ever.........

and up to the Studios.

The 33m high Earful Tower, and of course Mickey........

also sharing the limelight with........err............

=D>  :wink:

So.......it was show time.........11.00........just time enough to get down to........

All comfy and with what looks like a capacity crowd.........it's showtime...........

Pretty noisy stuff..........but wow.........

Is it me? or is it getting hot in here =D>

And the finish............ 8)

Now how I loved that :D/  :D/  =D>

Now what's next.........I know.......

Quite enjoyable, yep, quite enjoyable.

Time for lunch :(

Moan of the Day

Now I don't like having a winge in this wonderful place, but it is beyond me why when the park is heaving and the Restaurant en Coulisse is bursting at the seams, they actually close some of the serving isles and move people to other isles creating longer lines in the process, which in turn creates some very unhappy people :evil:
Any ideas? Surely you open up more isles, not close them.......

Anyhow.........it's back to the shows.......and parades (of sorts :wink: )

The kids love it.........and some adults I know :D/  :wink:

And this cm seemed to love performing in it 8)

Well HSMOT over there was a little distraction for the masses to enjoy, and one non-stop giggling Epcot_Boy......... :oops:

I do think I need to grow up...........maybe next year..........but this was funny....

Well..........

was next.........and fun was had by all.

was next>>>>>>>not my fav, but still fun :)

Now it was off to..........

for a wander around..........didn't really go on anything :(

It was time now to head back to the Yacht Club for dinner......or so I thought :roll: .....but that story is for another day.......

One last look around.........

Yep.........the ToT will come another day :wink:

Farewell to............

and out of the studios for dinner........a rest.........and then back tonight to the Disneyland Park for Fantillusion, Candleabration and the Enchanted Fireworks :D/  :D/

But I'll cover those another day :wink:

Joy of the Day

While watching HSMOT I noticed all the young girls wearing their High School uniforms, dancing around, singing along with the cm's and just having a fantastic time......it was just bliss to watch........and especially a young girl who was physically disadvantaged being helped to dance by her mother and cm's.......she was just a normal little girl for that short while.......wonderful :wink:  =D>

I hope the Disney Corperation are fully aware of the influence they have on our future........our children [-o<

More to come.

David