Snow_White_Girl's Trip Report - July 31st - August 4th 2008

Started by Snow_White_Girl, August 06, 2008, 01:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

Day 4

Well, as today was our last day, we decided to do a half-day in each park. We went to the Studios for the morning, however there was only one thing we wanted to do that we'd missed, which was Moteurs...Action! I never fail to be impressed by this, the drivers are so unbelievably skilled.. Even my mum, who usually doesn't like things like that at all, was incredibly impressed! After the show, we decided another visit to Stitch Live was in order, and we got a very different show than we had the first time. Stitch was definitely funnier on our first encounter ;), but we both still loved it nonetheless. I then realised we'd missed Armageddon out on our first visit to the Studios, so we decided to do that before migrating over to the Magic Kingdom :) I think it's safe to say that my mum wasn't a huge fan of Armageddon, she hates being in total darkness, and of course everything jolting about wasn't helping. She spent the whole show clinging onto me so hard my hand turned white! :D

By the time we finished with Armageddon it was 1.45, so we decided to head over to the Magic Kingdom to catch the 2.00 Mary Poppins show, which we'd missed the day before. We got a prime position, which I was happy about as MP is one of my favourite Disney films. Mary had such a look of Julie Andrews about her too, the likeness was actually uncanny, which pleased me all the more! After the show, I decided I wanted a picture with Mary and Bert, and headed over to where they were doing their meet 'n' greet... It was at this point I discovered that Mary wasn't so much "practically perfect" as "unbelievably stroppy", she ended up storming away from the meet 'n' greet after 5 minutes, though to be fair to her I understood why she was upset as she was being completely mobbed and pushed into the wall! Watching Bert's reaction was funny though, he didn't know what to do! He eventually ran off after her, apologising and saying they'd be back at 3.00. Unfortunately we didn't have time to wait as we had other things we wanted to do :(

By that point we decided we wanted a little something to eat, and Fantasia Gelati was on the agenda once again, but this time it was a crepe, smothered in vanilla ice cream, Chantilly cream and hot chocolate sauce – heaven! :)

We then headed to Alice's Labyrinth for a wander round, and all I can say is I'm so glad they've refurbed it now! It really was looking worse for wear when we were there... Then we had yet another voyage into Le Pays des Contes de Fees; this is a little ride I will NEVER get sick of, I find it so charming and so endearing, and my feet welcomed the rest!

It was then time to reluctantly say goodbye to Fantasyland and head over to Adventureland, where we managed to grab ourselves a front-row seat in a Pirates of the Caribbean boat! Boy, do those drops seem steeper when you're in the front! We then wandered through to Frontierland, I was trying to decide whether I had the guts to brave Big Thunder Mountain (I'm not really a coaster person!), I eventually decided I'd go back later, which didn't really work out, as we had too much to do, so I missed it completely! :x  Next time, it's the first thing I go on!!

We decided to head back to Main Street then, where we caught the Characters' Express again. There was no one on it that I wanted for pics though, so we headed through the castle to catch Once Upon A Time Sleeping Beauty. We had a prime position (again!) right in front of the sword, so I managed to get some great photos! It was the same Aurora that I'd met in the Auberge, she was very sweet, and so so pretty! The little show itself made me cry, when she and Prince Philip started dancing....*sniff*

Then it was dinnertime, and tonight it was the turn of Planet Hollywood. I had their LA Lasagna, which was delicious, I could eat it every night and never get bored! Hunger pangs fully satisfied, it was then back to the Magic Kingdom for my last watch of the Once Upon A Dream Parade for this trip :cry: . I grabbed a vantage point just above the stage by the castle, which made for some stunning photos, though at one point I started crying, thinking how it could be a while before I was back... Anyway, I followed the parade round, snapped a few extra pictures of the Dreams of Romance 2 float, my personal favourite, and just soaked up the magic as much as I could before it was back to reality the next day.

Then came one of my favourite parts – SHOPPING! :D We headed out to Disney Village, and I went a bit mad! I'd conserved my spending money so well, then that 2 hours in Disney Village saw me blow the lot! Totally worth it, especially my 4 Princess figurines, which were €8 each and I love them!

Our trip was nearly concluded, however I didn't have time to feel low as we headed back to the Magic Kingdom for Fantillusion, Candleabration and the Enchanted Fireworks.

And like a whirlwind, it was all over :( As we headed towards the shuttle bus, I took one last long look back at the castle, vowing to return in 2009... And I intend to keep that promise.

In the words of one immortal Mouse – "See ya reeeeeeeeeal soon!" :mickey2:

\":lamp:\"

ColdSun

great conclusion :D ! And a really enjoyable report on the total anyway, so thanks for sharing =D> .

never2old

Great end for a great report!!

Thanks Snow White Girl!

The Butlin Boy

Great report SWG, I'm glad you had a wonderful time :)