"it's a small world"
Le Carousel de Lancelot
Mad Hatters Tcups

Walt Disney Studios® Park

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Studio Tram Tour®: Behind the Magic!
Flying Carpets Over Agrabah

All-you-can-eat Restaurants

Unlimited buffet for 20 euros with unlimited soft drinks (mineral water and soda) to be consumed in the restaurant during dining.

Auberge de Cendrillon Restaurant
Rendez Vous des Stars Restaurant (Walt Disney Studios® Park)
La Cantina Restaurant (Disney's Hotel Santa Fe®)

Sounds good to me!  No Phantom Manor this year, but Unlimited Mission 2 is pretty cool (so long as you take out insurance on your head beforehand! lol)  :)

kate

hiya

could you explain what magic unlimited entails please. thank you x
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Anthony

Hi Kate!

Basically, Magic Unlimited is a season DLRP created in one of the quietest times of the year in order to get more people visiting during that time.  There are no decorations or extra entertainment like the other Seasons, but instead you get "unlimited rides" on attractions, all-you-can-eat options in restaurants and cheap prices & special offers on your hotel stay.

The attractions and restaurants above are those included in the "season".  With the attractions, you can ride and ride as many times as you want, without having to re-queue.  On some attractions you simply stay in your seat to go round again, whilst on others you just need to exit your vehicle then step through into the boarding area to board the ride right away again.

It's a good time to visit the park if you want a cheap holiday and are more interested in the attractions themselves rather than a million decorations and entertainment options!  :wink:

More info here: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/resort/ ... /index.htm [/plug]  :wink:

kate

sounds great, thank you  :D
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Anthony

The resort has just launched another brand new mini-site, this time covering the Kids Free offer, with pages for Kids' Carnival and Magic Unlimited.  It's probably the best mini-site so far - the quality just keeps getting better and better!  :o

//http://www.disneylandresortparis.com/index.php?c=uk&l=uk

The URL is interesting - could they be planning to use the "disneylandresortparis.com" address rather than the "disneylandparis.com" address in future?  :?

Kristof

Very cool! Glad they're putting a lot more effort in promoting the resort.

PS. I prefer the Halloween mini-site ;-)

Anthony

They definately are putting more effort in!

This is for UK TV advertising:

January Advertisement (Kids Free): This will run from 2nd until 29th January and then will be back on 6th until 19th February. Target audience Disney Families with kids. The commercial will be a mix of 30 second and 10 second reminder ads. The first week will be all 30 second followed by approx 56% 30s ads and 44% 10 second ads.

Sounds great!  From some of the French forums, it sounds like the new adverts have started over there already...  :)

Patrick

Sounds really cool, nice to see Disneyland Resort Paris putting in the effort, I wonder now if we will get the TV commercials or do you think it will be DVD commercials when it comes to Buzz opening :? .

Anthony

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"I wonder now if we will get the TV commercials or do you think it will be DVD commercials when it comes to Buzz opening :? .
Well they have that trailer they showed at the 50th Celebration Night, which is the Buzz equivalent of the 1min SM:M2 teaser, so I think that that trailer will go on DVDs and then they'll edit and shorten it to make it more suitable for TV.  Whether that'll actually get shown in the UK or not is anyone's guess, but since this is actually a proper new attraction, and since they are getting better and better with advertising, the outlook looks quite good.  :)

I'm looking forward to these January adverts though - they must be spending a fortune on advertising slots, with having a 30sec ad then a 10sec reminder later!  I hope that, for the amount they must be spending on those slots, they've got a damn good advert to fill it with...  :?

Anthony

I saw the new advert last night!  It uses the "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" song from the website and is very modern, bright and colourful.  In terms of the shots they use, it's a mix of the good needmag?c adverts with some new footage.  They use a shot of some chinese kids on Big Thunder!  :D Some of the shots have colours overlayed, so they're all red, or all green, etc.  It works really well, and they have a nice, simple, modern-looking text over the top saying "Kids Go Free", or something similar.  It ends with the text spreading out across the screen a bit and the resort logo appearing, with the voiceover quoting the phone number.  I think the web address appears too, but I cant remember whether it said "disneylandparis.com" or "disneylandresortparis.com".  I suppose I'm the only one who cares about details like that anyway! :lol:

I think it's actually probably the best resort advert yet.  It really captures the "resort", and shows some really brilliant shots of the resort.  It's nice and long (30secs it must have been), looks professional, and will catch the attention of kids *and* their parents.  It just makes the resort look like the really beautiful, magical, modern, exciting place it is!  Top marks!  :D

I saw it on "More4", so I guess they're going more for the parent audience with it, which is good.  Anyone else in the UK wanting to see it, I suppose checking out Channel 4, E4 or More4 is your best bet.  :wink:  It seems like they're using the same (or a similar) ad in France too, so this could be a Europe-wide campaign.

Jorien

yeah saw it too here. I always get so happy seeing a commercial on tv from dlrp, lol!
I notice these things too, Baloo. Here they didn't say anything in the end. No disneyland resort paris or something like that. I was expecting it...

Kristof

For Flemish members (not that there are any else lol), check out VTM for this commercial.

By the way, DLRP is a sponsor of our Wheel of Fortune here.  They show everyday in the show footage from the park, adapted to the season.  And when the contestant wins the "extra price" they show the footage again.   :D

Anthony

You can now watch the UK version of the advert here: http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=28258
http://www.visit4info.com/preview-flash ... adid=28258

(Notice the shots from Big Thunder Mountain and Dumbo, which are the shots they filmed for HKDL.  Why did they film BTM though?  I didn't think it was a future attraction there..?)

Anyway, it's a really good advert.  Just very simple and effective, much better than when they try to do something more clever like characters running away from the lion king!  :D

I haven't seen it on TV again yet, but then I haven't actually been watching anything!  I'd like to see what the 10sec reminder ad looks like... (when they play a short sequence again later in the same ad break)

Kris

I'm not too keen on this advert, Need Magi?c looked way better and those rubbishy colour filters look cheap :-( Half the shots are stolen from other resorts, so it aint a DLRP exclusive (as if there ever was lol), but the music and voiceover are good. It's the same guy narrating it as the 2003 Christmas Advert (the dumb guy in the TV show The Vicar Of Dibley lol". He sounds very caring and childlike, so that's cool.

The grahics over the castle is a mess though and looks very amaturish. There is nother version of the add with even more text OVER the castle... grrrrrrr! It's good to show so many shots of the resort (well, just DLP  :roll: ), but this advert isn't as good as I hoped  :cry:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

The version we got is a lot shorter than yours...  :?