HUGE UPDATE WITH PICS! Trip Report July 14.-22.

Started by MizzRabbit, July 27, 2008, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MizzRabbit

Well, I've been kinda busy lately but now I have a little time to update my trip report AND I've finally discovered the hidden secrets to adding pictures... I'll just start off with:

Disneyday Nr 1 /part 1:

We arrived at the park at about 10.30. The queue wasn't that bad and I was extremely excited!

As if I was a little kid I kept jumping up and down. This made my boyfriend laugh a lot and he took a picture of it.

I was soo happy! I couldn't belive that after months of longing I was finally there! Well, we got 3 day Hopper tickets. Little did we know that we'd eventually want to spend a fourth day in the park.

We started off on Main Street and went straight to City Hall to get dinner reservations at Walt's. The CM's in City Hall are so incredibly nice and speak very good english. We got our reservations and my boyfriend wanted to go straight to Annette's Diner for breakfast but I had to take some pictures and suck in the atmosphere and stare at the castle before I was able to let go and head for the Village.

It's incredible how the spirit of Disney just grabs a hold of you as soon as you hear the music and see the Disney Village sign (we arrived by RER).

Well, we went to Annette's to get our breakfast and it was sooo yummy. I had orange juice with mine and my boyfriend had pinapple juice. I love how they have a variety of juices, tea, coffee and cocoa to go with your meal.

After breakfast we decided we wanted to take a peak inside the Disneyland Hotel as neither of us had ever been there before. I didn't even know non-guests were allowed to.
And my God, it was gorgeous! I couldn't believe my eyes. All the ornate details, the foreplace full of flowers, the chandelier, the evil Queen puppets, the paintings, and the smell of some kind of flower. It was all to amazing and at that moment I decided that ONE DAY I will stay here.

Then we were off for some Disney shopping on my beloved Main Street! I like taking pictures in the shops of merchandise and the decor. I love the theming and the whole Main Street atmosphere. Well, I promised my boyfriend not to buy anything yet and to only look at stuff as it is always him who ends up carrying me dozens of shoppingbags. To my surprise there was a sale and I went crazy in the clothing store trying on all the pretty Disney tees. Didn't buy any though.

We went through all the stores checking out all the new merchandise. I made a list of what I wanted to buy. We always carry a little notebook around where we write down what we buy and how much we pay for it so we can remember it later on. It's also a good way of keeping track of how much you spend.

I love love LOVE the candy shop! Everything is so pretty, pink and full of yummies. The scent is so sweet and mouthwatering. I just wish they still carried some of the sweets they did back in the beginning. They used to have these little red bags of Disney waffle ball thingies with a chocolate centre and pictures of Mickey and co. on them. I used to eat tons of those but they're not in the park anymore.

We then went outside and were fortunate enought to catch the Barbershop Quartet doing a number. It was a nice addition to the day as I've never before seen them. It really made Main Street more lively.

We then decided it was time for Lilly's Boutique. It's so girly and pretty and I really like to look at all the photos of Walt and Lilly. I think it's a great touch. Besides, it's the only shop where I've ever heard music from the Silly Symphonies. When were were there they played the score from Funny little Bunnies. A very happy song indeed!

Well, this is the end of part one of day one. I'll write part two after lunch. :-) Hope you enjoy!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

MizzRabbit

Disneyday nr 1 /part 2

Well, after Lilly's Boutique we continued shopping and generally just enjoying Main Street. It's no secret that Main Street is my favourite place in DLRP. If I could I would decorate my whole apartment in that style! (Tips wanted if you have any ;))

I adore the Gibson Girl Logo and artwork. I could stare at it for hours. maybe I'll even try to draw the Gibson Girl for the Fanart thread. That'd be fun!

Well, we finally decided to head forward towards the castle. To our surpise there was a big band playing Disney movie themes. As we arrived they were playing the PotC movie theme followed by music from Fantasia. It was amazing and I really got chills. There weren't that many people watching. I didn't get that. I just stood there in awe! Even my boyfriend was impressed by how well they played.

Here I am in front of the band! :D

After hearing the music we were getting hungry again and decided to head back to Main Street for a snack. My boyfriend loooooves Flan so that's what he got. I got a chocolate chip cookie as the whole place had the aroma of them. They were freshly baked right out of the oven!

Then we headed out into the arcade for a quick snapshot. I was anxiosly waiting for the Character Express but hadn't caught it yet. It's my fav parade!

We then went into the gallery store where I made sure to take loads of pics of the Disney Traditions figures for Javey. :D There were so many figurines I wanted to buy but they're sooo expensive. I ended up without any this trip. Just couldn't afford it. Buy my aunt is going for Halloween and maybe I can persuade her to buy one for me.

I want the giant Stitch!! But how would one get him on the plane? He can't fit in my suitcase...

Jessica Rabbit is pretty too but there's something wrong with her face that makes her not really look like Jessica. Don't you think?

I hadn't bought any pins yet. Wanted to wait a little as I hadn't really figured out how I'd go about it. Afterwards we went back into the arcade to relax our feet. We'd had a long day the day before in Paris. It was the Bastille day and we walked around Paris all day not to mention it was the same day we arrived so we'd been up real early to catch our plane. So basically our feet felt like they were swollen.

Here my boyfriend is teasing me.

Casey's Corner

It was a very sunny day! The sky was clear blue and the castle was radient! I was just so happy!

So was my boyfriend...

Now it was finally time to enter the Castle!! It just brings tears to my eyes 'cause it's so pretty. And the refurbished bridge looked sooo good and was clean and white. I had no idea it would be that nice. It was a really positive experience. I wonder what the castle would look like after being refurbished. I hope we wont have to wait too long for that to happen.

We went inside the castle and into the shops. I realised I had never really noticed the decor of the glass shop so I took some pictures and spent a quiete moment taking in the beauty of it. Btw, don't expect any real critique of DLRP in this trip report 'cause to me it's almost perfect.

Have any of you ever noticed the ceiling in the castle? It's extremely well crafted and looks magical! And look, a "hidden Mickey"! ;) ...I know it's just a baloon...

I really like the fact that there's a Christmas shop. My boyfriend and I have a tradition of buying one new ornament for our tree every year so if we go to DLRP in the summer we can still get our ornament there. We didn't get one this time as we hope we'll be able to go for Christmas.

Maybe my report is getting a bit long now. I just have a hard time chosing what's important as I think every part of the trip was excellent.

Well, enter Fantasyland! New shops to roam and lots of rides!

"Yaaarh! I am a pirate!"

My boyfriend was getting anxious and started to do the clock sound from "It's a Small World". It's one of his favourite rides. It realaxing, has a catchy song and is just plain fun.

The queues went along really fast so we didn't have to wait long. It was a nice break. My favourite part is at the end of the ride where all the worlds come together.

We were getting really hungry so we decided to go to Bella Notte as this is my favourite counter service restaurant. I went here a lot as a child back when it was more of a table service place. You got themed forks an knives back then not to mention a huge portion of spaghetti with meatballs! I'll find a picture of it sometime. Well, the food is still yummy. I always get the spaghetti bolognaise.

We got a table outside so we could enjoy the view. But all of a sudden out came characters! First one out was Stitch. He was quickly surrounded by kids and as we were still eating we couldn't join them. Then suddenly all of the seven dwarved came out holding hands and dancing around in a circle. They grabbed kids' hands and had them dance along. I've never seen all the dwarves at once in the park so I got really excited and triede to swallow my meal as fast as I could. unfortunately I wasn't fast enough and the dwarves got swarmed by scrum. I did however manage to get up close with Grumpy but he kinda scared me...  :oops:

Out came more characters such as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Kenai and Koda and more. I had never seen the Brother Bear characters before so I really enjoyed that. I noticed they had really cute little tails on their beat bottoms. :D

It was a quite joyful moment (I'm downplaying it...I was really excited and again, jumped up and down).

After seeing the characters we decided to head to the Studios to try ToT! I was really looking forward to that ride and I couldn't wait anymore! I love the Studio walkthrough entrance so I always take lots of photos there. My cam's not to good with darkness so they didn't turn out that well.

We took a seat to relax our feet. This made my boyfriend really happy. He loves our little breaks where we get to sit down. I'm not good at taking breaks but this time I really made an effort to take breaks a lot so he wouldn't get to tired. I don't want to end up with Grumpy when I can spend the day with Happy! :D

Well, it was time to ToT! The queue was surprisingly small and it only took about 20 minutes to get to the ride. We were soooo nervous and anxious! My heart was beating really hard and I was sweating. I was sure it would be awful and that I'd have to close my eyes on the whole ride. Well, I did close my eyes a bit but I absolutely loved it! It was perfect! Not too much, didn't make me sick or anything. The hotel decor was gorgeous and the scenes when you're in the elevator going up and down were so fitting to the Twilightzone concept. I had a blast! My boyfriend got a little queezy but handled it rather well.

Well, the Studios were closing so we decided to get some dinner. One of our favourite places is Billy Bob's in Disney Village. We love the whole Tex Mex buffet and ate there a lot on our previous trips. This time it was rather different! we were quietely enjoying our dinner when suddenly the alarm went on. We were all evacuated from the restaurant. It was rather disturbing. We never found out why. We ended up having to pay for our meal in the middle of the street to some CM's as they were all busy trying to find out what was going on. Not an enjoyful experience at all and we didn't even get to eat our desserts.

Afterwards we went for drinks in the Rainforest Café. We'd never been there before but really liked it. All the animals, the green plants etc. We were seated by a huge aquarium. To our surprise we noticed that the fish in the tank corresponded with the fish from Finding Nemo. They had two Clown Fish, a small one and a larger one and a blue Dory like fish. I mean, that's theming! Later on the trip we noticed that they had the same fish in the Newport Bay Club aquarium.

Our drinks were really colorful and yummy and I would definitely recommend getting a drink here in the evening just to relax a bit! It's also very romantic.

The bathroom was also gorgeous!

Well, afterwards we went back to the park to catch the end of Fantillusion and the Enchanted Firework. It was very magical and romantic. The fireworks almost had me in tears. It was so beautiful and romantic. My boyfriend and I both love Enchanted and all the songs. It was a great end to the perfect day in DLRP!

You can see loads more pictures of Day One in my Fotki Gallery. Day 2 will follow...

Use password]

never2old

Great pics!!! Thanks!

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "never2old"Great pics!!! Thanks!

You're welcome! Glad to know someone enjoyed it. :D

Use password]

ColdSun

Absolutely gorgeous pictures (also in your Fotki)! And a great report. Actually, I don't think it's too long, I find it very fun to sort of retrace your steps. So keep going please =D>

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "ColdSun"Absolutely gorgeous pictures (also in your Fotki)! And a great report. Actually, I don't think it's too long, I find it very fun to sort of retrace your steps. So keep going please =D>

Aww thanks! I will! Day 2 will follow shortly! :D

Use password]

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Really enjoying this...........and love the photos =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

MizzRabbit

Disneyday nr 2 /part 1

Well, we're off to DLRP again! It was a thursday and it was a little cloudy but okay weather. Not to hot, not too cold. The weather means a lot to me when I'm in DLRP.  I prefer it sunny all day long. :D

We had an early morning and were both very tired. We always fall asleep on the train from Paris to DLRP. I love it when we get closer and I can see the Balloon in the horizon.

We almost always start off at Annette's to get breakfast. This time we only had pancakes 'cause we both love them so. You can't get maple syrup like that in Denmark so it's a special treat.

Next stop was the Disney Store in Disney Village to get me a new set of ears. This time I chose the Stitch ones. They were a little tight on my humongous head but they're so cute! We then went to play some games in the gameroom. My boyfriend insisted we try dance mania and boy I'm in bad shape! We also played air hockey which we both love.

Then we went to the park and I took pics of all the attraction posters (see Fotki gallery). My boyfriend tried on the huge Stitch hat at one of the shops. He always refuses to wear Disney headgear. I think it would make the trip more fun as he looks sooo cute when he has Disney hats on!

We then worked our way up through Main Street going into the shops and taking pictures of fun little details. I alway love doing that. And btw, I always take pics of myself in the bathroom. I dunno why...  :oops:

Here I am in the candy shop with my lil' Stitch ears on! I love them!

Fluff-2-Go...Yummy!

I love this little corner of Main Street. It's alway so quiete and also very pretty. A nice place to take a break from the crowds.

And here we're taking another short break in front of Plaza Gardens.

I don't know about you but I can never get enough pictures of the castle. It's just so lovely from all angles.

Back to Fantasyland. We were getting hungry and all of a sudden we noticed a restaurant that we've never before seen. It's been closed every time we've been here. So it was quite nice to try something new. The food wasn't the best in the world but it wasn't bad either. I liked the decor and there were lots of vacant seats. I accidentaly stole one of the laminated menus. I simply forgot to give it back. Now it's been added to my scrap book. Couldn't get myself to toss it as it reminds me of the trip.

After eating we wandered through Fantasyland.

I wanted to try the Storybook ride as I've never been on it before. Fortunately this time it was up and running so I could finally see the world of storybook miniatures! I loved it and even though I had decided to enjoy it without taking photos I did anyway. It was a very slow ride so I had plenty of time to enjoy it as well. I loved the little details, Belle sitting with the sheep, the Emerald City, everything was just so enjoyable.

We decided not to go for Casey Jr. as the queue was rather long and it was almost time for Mary Popping to give an appearance. Btw, this was the day that I started pin trading. Didn't buy a lanyard though but kept the pins in my pocket. We bought the packs of 5 standard pins for 15 Euros and then traded them off with CMs. We had a lot of fun doing this and we both got really hooked on it. We spent way more money on pins than ever intended. We both kept goggling the CM's lanyards and I even tried zooming in with my cam. The CMs were very nice and it was a very different but positive experience. It made us feel even more welcome in the park and we got to chat with a lot of different people. Some of the CMs even had their own pin collections on their uniforms and it was fun to hear why they collected and what kind of pins.

Checking out lanyards...lol...

Well, it was time for Mary Poppins and we got a great spot in the front. I decided to share it with two little girls who later got to take photos with Mary. They were so cute and happy! Mary and Bert were great and they actually looked like they enjoyed the show. Bert was playing around with the penguines a lot. The dancers wore lovely costumes which were very fitting for Main Street. My boyfriend and I chanted along to the songs and we both had a really fun time.

Afterwards we went to the studios just to relax a bit and check out the site. I wanted to go back on ToT but my boyfriend didn't want to. Crush was packed with people as always. I never got to try it 'cause I didn't want to wait in line for 90 minutes.

I want all the figurines in the background! LOL.

We went into Rendevous des Stars to check out the buffet and to see if MAYBE lil' Remy was there, but he wasn't and we weren't that hungry yet so we settled for a photo and went on.

Now it was time for a little late lunch. I wanted to go back Fantasyland as I didn't really care for the stuff they had in the Studios. So we ventured on back to my beloved Bella Notte where we as always had the pasta bolognaise. This time I got the same table as I did with my mom 12 years ago. Weird how nothing has changed and I'm still that happy little girl loving "EuroDisney"! ;)

Well, this is the end of part 1 of Day 2. Hope you enjoy it! Part two, which will be much shorter, will follow soon. :)

Use password]

MizzRabbit

Disneyday 2 /part 2 - only a teeny tiny one:

We roamed around in the park for a while. I got to go on my FAVOURITE attraction Phantom Manor! I did that the day before as well but I forgot to write it down. Didn't take any pics though 'cause my back was aching from carrying my pretty heavy cam around my neck all day.

The day was ending and we decided it was time for dinner. We'd never eaten at Planet Hollywood so we decided it was about time. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw all the über cool props and costumes from so many great movies. The food was excellent. I had the pineapple chicken. It was really good and I'd highly recommend it. One thing I didn't like though was that there was a photographer in the restaurant taking souvenier pictures of people for one euro or so, and I really wanted one, but he only went up to the families and not the couples. I think that's wrong. Couples and singles want photos just as much as families. Well, a great dining experience never the less! :D

My gentleman boyfriend pouring my water. He's so sweeeet...

The bathroom in Planet Hollywood was also very well themed and I thought it was worthy of a picture or two.

Afterwards we went through the stores for a quick look before heading back to Paris. We were very very tired.

This Pan looked FREAKY weird!!!  :shock:

I want I want I want I want!!

Bye Mickey, bye Minnie! See you soon!! :D

End of day 2 part 2.

Use password]

disney_donutter

Hey Mizz!

Your pictures are absolutely Brilliant! I love them! your camera looks as though it's pretty Impressive!!  you do the same as me, take pictures of *everything* lol.  that way you will always get the best pics! ;-)

It sounds like you had such a Brilliant time.  That will be me in 3 Weeks 3 Days 1 hour and 15 Minutes! ;-) not that I am counting the time down at all! lol.

Aveen2008

Love your photos!! hehe I am glad to see someone else running around with Stitch ears on hehe! :P

luving the Brother bear's photo of his tail end hehe very funny!! :lol:

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

burntsienna

Wow! Great photographs MizzRabbit!!
Half I've never been into some of the places you've photographed! so thanks for sharing, because now I know what they look like on the inside  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MizzRabbit

I'm glad you all like them!! I hope it's not too much but I know how much I love looking at other forum member's trip pictures so thought I'd pick the best of the bunch and share in case you love it as much as I do.

Use password]

disney_donutter

the Planet Hollywood pics are absolutely wicked, I never knew the toilets were like that!!! lol, never been in the toilets.  will have to make a specail trip haha.

burntsienna

I agree I love looking at trip report photographs and reading the trip reports themselves!
It's great...brings some of the magic closer :D  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"