[WDW] Pixar Place expansion projects (2011)

Started by lil-shawn, July 21, 2008, 10:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

at Jim Hill Media i found an Article about new Pixar Rides at DHS for WDW 40th Birthday.

here u can read it: //http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/07/21/monday-mouse-watch-get-ready-for-wdw-s-monstrous-new-coaster.aspx

i Think the Monsters inc. Coaster would be a nice idea for our Disneyland too :-))

Anthony

Great news for Hollywood Studios! I don't think we should get it in Paris though -- this is technically their version of a Crush's Coaster, what we really need is our version of a Midway Mania... We've done it the other way round.

One funny thing that caught me:

QuoteSpeaking of energy-gathering ... As they make their way through the queue, Disney World visitors will periodically encounter scream / laugh cannisters with funnels sticking up out of them. These Guests will then be encouraged to scream / laugh into these funnels. Which will cause the sides of these cannisters to light up and reveal how much energy was just gathered.
Wow, that's new. :wink:

Remco K.

The article claims it's going to be an inverted coaster themed to the doors scene. This only makes sense if the actual vehicles are themed to doors, right? I just can't see any door themed vehicle having the capacity for such a ride. Though WDI probably has a solution for this.

Very cool that they created this Pixar themed land at DHS. I still think this should be the future of our Toon Studios as well.

AmericanMouse

And that's not the only thing they're talking about.  The Backstage Tour looks like it will be razed to make room for a DHS version of the future DCA Carsland, and "a bug's life" will replace "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" in one attraction according to said JHM report.

Anthony

Quote from: "Remco K."The article claims it's going to be an inverted coaster themed to the doors scene. This only makes sense if the actual vehicles are themed to doors, right? It just can't see any door themed vehicle having the capacity for such a ride. Though WDI probably has a solution for this.
The article seems to say the coaster would run with trains of 8 to 10 doors, so 16-20 people per train. Just slightly better than Crush's Coaster, bearing in mind the trains probably won't be "launching" as frequently.

The question then is -- how will you see anything if you're at the back? The doors in front would be in the way, surely?

TowMater

I like the idea of the Monster Inc. coaster well I'm supposed to leave this part on the Sorecer's Workshop, Well I'll just say it.

Since there's Toy Story Mania and Monster's Inc. which could be on it's way in DHS I thought to have a Ratatouille restaurant featuring french dishes and character breakfasts, A Cars motion simulater similar to Back to the Future/The Simpsons, A intract with Wall-E Character Greeting, Incredibles 4-D show & Bugs Life play area.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Owain

Quote from: "Anthony"One funny thing that caught me:

QuoteSpeaking of energy-gathering ... As they make their way through the queue, Disney World visitors will periodically encounter scream / laugh cannisters with funnels sticking up out of them. These Guests will then be encouraged to scream / laugh into these funnels. Which will cause the sides of these cannisters to light up and reveal how much energy was just gathered.
Wow, that's new. :wink:

:lol: Nice one baloo :P

Anthony

Quote from: "Owain":lol: Nice one baloo :P
Hehe... and now that I read that again... oh lord.

If it's not bad enough that you're in a queue, you're going to have children screaming into tubes every few metres? :shock:

MagicStar

Hehe - yeah  :P
Think about the faces of the parents after waiting 120min in this queue  :mrgreen:
Haha!!!!
I must see that!!!!!!
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

The Butlin Boy

It sounds like the attraction has been temporarily put on hold, whilst Disney try to find a sponsor to help pay for it...

Quote from: "Jim Hill Media"So what is Walt Disney World doing in response to these high profile thrill rides? Well, the Resort had hoped to begin construction of a "Monsters, Inc." -themed family coaster for Disney's Hollywood Studios sometime later this year. But that project is now on hold as Disney meets with potential sponsors. While the Mouse searches for some corporation in this economy that's still willing to pony up the dough necessary to transform Soundstage One into the Door Hangar from that 2001 Pixar Animation Studios release.

From what I hear, construction on this new DHS attraction will begin just as soon as that sponsor signs on the dotted line. Which means that this "Monsters, Inc." coaster should still be open in plenty of time for WDW's 40th anniversary celebration, which is now tentatively scheduled to begin in January of 2011. But the very fact that Disney isn't willing to proceed on its own with this can't-miss project, that Mickey won't allow construction to begin until outside funding is in place speaks volumes about the Mouse's monetary mindset these days.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... -2009.aspx

Anthony

I didn't realise the sponsors contributed so much to the construction of attractions.

Makes you wonder why DLRP didn't seem to attempt finding sponsors for its recent attractions. Crush for example could have been much better with a few advertising euros for some extras. Unless Sarkozy is banning in-theme park advertising now too.

phantom247

yes as far as I know regarding the project it will be manufactured and installed by the same company who did Crush Coaster.