Disney Store at the Metro Centre

Started by Alpop, July 20, 2008, 10:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesBestPal

My friend Olivia said she's been in the refurbished one, and she said its like Hannah Montanna and HSM land...

I'm going to the metro centre sometime this week, so I'll see if I can get some info on it...I hope Olivia's not right...

Futurecastmember

I love disney stores, if they're good and sells more than the average stuff. But I agree, it's nothing compared to the ones in the disney parks. But PLEASE build one here in Denmark!  [-o< I would truely love that.
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As far as I can see
It\'s just like we dreamed it
As good as good can be
And I know it\'s so much better
\'Cause we dreamed it up together
Just like we dreamed it, to life! Magically...

Annual passport holder! FANTASY!

MinniesBestPal

I went to the metro centre today, and I see what Olivia meant about HM/HSM world, but it seemed like they were focusing more on WALL-E than anything! Plus, it hasn't re opened yet, they just have a "temporary store".

Its not very big, or decorated very well, but then, why make it all pretty if you'll be moving out soon anyway?

Clarebelle

the new norwich store opened today, unfortunatly I'm broke so wont be able to go see what its like :-( roll on pay day
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

gerbillcat

I didn't realise they were re-furbing the Metrocentre store. I tend to shop in Newcastle over the Metrocentre so I haven't been in the Disney shop recently but I had been meaning to go so i'm glad i've found this out  :). Can't wait to see what it looks like once it's finished.

Javey74

Metro Centre newly refurbished store opening Saturday 30th August... :D/  :D/  :D/

Javey74

Well here's the latest shots of the newly refurbished store at the MetroCentre, and looking at it, it's identical to Clarebelle's Norwich Store for the refit as you will see.  I must admit the store is a lot better than the old one, a lot more spacious as well as better lit.. :D/  :D/

Well you know you're here by this shot>>

Here's the multi-colouring on the facia>>

The Aurora front right window display>>

WALL.E front side wall advert>>

Then staight in to meet WALL.E at the entrance>>

Long shot looking back towards the entrance>>

The famous moving cradle globes, I wish I could fit in one since you would get a good tour and view around the whole store, again the walls around the tracking change colour like the front facia aswell>>

The main back counter, don't worry the shop was quite busy but I was lucky to get the shot just in the till spree interval.  Even the CM ducked under the counter for me  :lol:  :mrgreen: >>

Yes the famous Goofy statue, which Jen jumped into shot>>

As with this Aurora, I like the pose here, being able to hold her hand, with Aurora looking down... :D >>

Lastly the Stardom Sparkley Floor, you would think you where walking on glass at times>>

Brilliant....... :D/  :D/  :D/  :D

MinniesBestPal

:shock:  I WANNA GO THERE NOW!!!

gerbillcat

Ooo it looks good. I'll probably go next week, can't wait to have a look around myself  :D.

Alpop

I went to the MC the other day and it wasn't open yet. Must have missed the opening by a couple of days  :x

But yeah we'll be there this weekend. It looks great. Thanks for the photos.

Javey74

Quote from: "Alpop"I went to the MC the other day and it wasn't open yet. Must have missed the opening by a couple of days  :x

But yeah we'll be there this weekend. It looks great. Thanks for the photos.
Actually Alpop we were going to go on the Friday evening thinking it might have opened, but I got this gut feeling on Friday morning that I'd better ring them first, to make sure it was, which was just as well since the CM said "No we're opening our new shop tomorrow morning", so as you can guess that was our change of plan. So straight away I put the opening date on the Forum, just incase anyone else was wondering. :wink:

We didn't go for the actual opening on Saturday morning since Vanessa was at work, but she managed to finish at 4pm, so there was plenty of time since it's open till 7pm on Saturdays... :D/  Jen still managed to get a goodie bag from one of the CMs... :D/

Pleased you like the photos... :D

MinniesBestPal

What was in the goodie bags? And can you still get them?

Javey74

Quote from: "MinniesBestPal"What was in the goodie bags? And can you still get them?
Well MBP, the goodie bags contained some sweeties, a Disney website curly wristband, 4 minature characters as pictured below aswell as a free Emile plushie worth £8.00, the price tag was still on it :shock:  :D

Unfortunately the goodie bags were only available for the day of opening  :(

Alpop

Really jealous now. I always miss special events.
The Goodie bag was well worth the journey.

Well done

MinniesBestPal

AWW! I wish we had gone! Those statues look so pretty!