[WDW] Expedition Everest

Started by Anthony, October 15, 2005, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

experiment627

Alright,

got to ride Expedition Everest today and I thought you might be interested in my point of view... (if not, stop reading right here  :P ):

the mountain looks awesome from every angle. You can see it from the parking lot, but once you enter Animal Kingdom it's so cleverly hidden that you can't see until after you've passed the Tree of Life.
The whole area is so beautifully designed. The park was busy, so the line filled up quickly. We waited about an hour. (We didn't see the single rider line at first! D'oh!) But what a wait it was! This has to be hands down the best designed queue ever - there are so many things to look at and the work and especially the craftsmanship that went into it are amazing. The buildings are aged so incredibly well, you'd think they've been there for decades. The Yeti motiv is very cleverly woven into the design elements. Especially the Yeti museum is amazing - and here it is where reality and fantasy are really hard to tell apart. (Note: you really miss out on some good stuff going through the FP or single rider line... but then again I wouldn't wait another hour for the ride...)

Now to the ride itself... it's a good one, though - in my humble oppinion - not quite up to the hype. If I had to chose, I'd rather ride DLP's Big Thunder Mountain than Everest. The thrills are rather tame - and the ride is just a bit too much on the short side for me.
The Yeti figure is amazing. It is *huge*. And its movements are so fluent. BUT: you pass by way too quickly ...

The ride is good... it's just not one of Disney's best if I may so... But it was definitely what Animal Kingdom needed - it is the most amazing park around here...

Daniel

Here is some interesting information on the yeti:

Engineering Expedition Everest

Dlrpfan

Discovery Network did a 5 channel documentry on how the idea of expidition everest links with the actual mountain and if the  yeti was real on animal plannet.i dont no if it was broadcasted around the world or just in the states
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012