Breeno's trip report - 13th-17th July

Started by -breeno-, July 17, 2008, 11:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Thanks again everyone for your kinda comments :)

Ok i think it's time to get another day of the report posted so here is..

Day 4

The last day of the holiday in the parks started slightly different to the day before, we didn't pick breakfast in bed.  Another difference of the day was that we couldn't go back to the hotel for refreshments, as the hotel was shutting down it's power from 1-5pm i think, im guessing every hotel was doing it for safety checks.  After breakfast, we headed to Disneyland park and finished off that last minute shopping (shopping service is a great, great idea) and got a few snaps.

Hidden Mickey?

Once the last minute shopping was complete we went over to Frontierland via the passage in Liberty Arcade, a very kinda person gave us his 3 fastpasses for BTM (must of been karma) and to our luck we could use it straight away, but we couldn't as well.  We were in a massive fastpass queue (they always were massive this year, don't know why) when a CM wearing the phantom manor CM costume said to everyone in the queue "there is a problem, all fastpasses will be accepted all through the day", we were sad to see a problem on BTM but atleast we could use the fastpasses later in the day so we decided to head for Phantom Manor, but we were arrived at the gates they were closed, with a CM telling everyone there was a techincal problem.  With both of Frontierland's main rides down, it could only mean one thing... photo time!

We saw a few CMs i think they were walking on that path beside the track in the pic below, sorry couldn't get pic of them.

After a little trip tp Adventureland for rides and shops we went to Discovery Arcade where i fell in love with Ben & Jerrys ice cream :D  only problem was i had 3 scoops of chocolate fudge brownie in a cup which was far too much, couldn't finish it :P  After that we headed for WDS where i found this, it made me laugh.

Yep thats a poster fro Crush behind ToT poster just slapped on :P  Thought they would of replaced it, not just put a ToT one over it.

Anyway after a deck into a few shops of WDS and a look at the queue times on the info board (20 minutes for Armageddon!  Never seen it that long before) we decided to see Moteurs... Action! Stunt Show Spectacular as my dad has never seen it before.  The last time i saw it was 2002/03 i think and a few things has changed since then, won't say what so i won't spoil it for anyone but a few things have been taken out, but it's still great.  After that we got a bite to get in the restaurant in Studio 1 (i can never remember names, sorry) where i got a Tower burger which was great and kept the box (sorry Butlin, i just had to :P ) then we headed over for Cinimagique, still as great as ever and is a great place to cool down on a boiling day :)  By this time it was past 5pm so the power was back on in the hotel and my dad had to get back to change his clothes so we did, and i haven't been in WDS since :P

After that we headed back over to Disneyland Park where we decided to go on Phantom Manor and here is the story of it in full.

We first of all we were in the queue line, just at the side of the manor with a slightly big queue behind us as well, when about 6 English youths around my age (14-16 my guess) just ran us the bank of Phantom Manor, jumped over the wooden fence and skipped everyone :x  Then at the doors they started banging the door that was closed because there was another bunch of people in there for the stretch room but that didn't bother them.  When we entered the manor they were talking and shouting non stop, even when the CM told them to be quiet, when we entered to stretch room things didn't improve, they we still shouting away, then when the CM told us to move to the center in french, they started saying "What she on about?  What does that mean?", they were also told various by the CM to keep quiet by would they?  No.  They didn't actually shut up until the CM walked up to them and said "do you want to be put out?", but that still didn't stop them talking throughout the scene.  Know if you think that is bad just wait until you here this.  When we actually got on to the ride part they completely ruined it for everyone, shouting, spitting, yes spitting!  I saw one of them spitting at the first aimatronic of Melanie and at one stage one of them was holding on to our doombuggy  :x  :x  I was soo close to just hitting his hand to get him off, put i didn't, i knew that behind the scenes you are always watched.  I couldn't stop think that all the time, effort and money WDI spent making PM this great was being ruined because of a few youths, now i know there are members around my age who was around the age of them, and i think they would agree with them when i say it is good to have a laugh with friends but there is a line not to cross, and they crossed it big time.  Anyway back to the story.  Towards the end of the ride where you exit the doombuggy via the
moving walkway, we were getting off the buggy but the walkway wasn't moving, the doombuggys were not moving and there was no CM standing by the controls, which was beeping with a big, flashing red light on it, we started walking out of the manor, filled with rage over them youths when we could hear one of them, "Get off of me!!" he was shouting, the CM at the end of the ride was dragging him back into the ride by the back of his neck, along with the rest of him, at first we thought that they pressed a button on the control panel, thus stopping the whole ride but then it clicked, security must of been watching them since the stretch room and then contacted the CM to stop them and probably ban them from going on PM again.  When we left PM we headed over to the seating area beside the Mark Twain enterance because that's where my dad was (he didn't want to go on PM), just after telling him the story we seen the lot of them walking past us and not a sound from them, what ever the CM said to him i thank him so much for doing so.

Anyway after that we didn't used that fastpass of BTM we had from the started of the day, then headed back to the hotel via the village where we had a take away from Annettes diner and ate it on one of them seating things that the pillars used to be.  After that we headed to the hotel and went to the bar for the last time.

And that concludes day 4 of the trip report, there is only day 5 left which isn't very interesting as its just really travelling home.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

Great trip report and pictures Breeno, I've really enjoyed reading it :)

Quote from: "-breeno-"After that we got a bite to get in the restaurant in Studio 1 (i can never remember names, sorry) where i got a Tower burger which was great and kept the box (sorry Butlin, i just had to :P )

Curse you for copying my idea... :roll:  :lol:

Quote from: "-breeno-"now i know there are members around my age who was around the age of them, and i think they would agree with them when i say it is good to have a laugh with friends but there is a line not to cross, and they crossed it big time.

Absolutely agree with you Breeno, I'm glad they got dealt with. Quite ironically, the same sort of thing happened on the last day of our last trip as well. We were about to board our boat on POTC, when a gang of teens came walking out of the caverns next to where the CM controlled the guest flow, they must have jumped out of the boat in the last scene because of the usual boat tail-back. The CM just looked at them in shock and said 'you got out of the boat!' And because of this, they had to reset the ride system, causing the whole ride to slow down, even when it restarted because all of the boats where piling up by the station. They turned a 15 minute experience into about double it! Also, when we were in the burning city scene, we saw some CM's with some torches looking around? :?

Riebi

Breeeeno! That´s a great and fantastic trip report! And wonderful photos!!!! Thank you for that! =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

SophieD

thanks for posting day four!! really good trip report!!

i can't believe what those young people did on PM!! its soooo disrespectful.......but i'm glad they had their commupance!!! :P  hehehehehe!! :P

looking forward to day 5!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

casschr05

great report so far

bring on the 5th day  :D/
(tbh i am a lil shocked about the incident!)

Javey74

Thanks for day 4 Breeno, well worth reading, especially after the fiasco on Phantom Manor, they deserved to be launched into the water around BTM, that's where I would have put them, if I had my way. My Blackbelt 3rd dan in Ju-Jitsu, would have come in handy here.  :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:   Goes to show what sort of a world some people live in, total stupidity, dis-repectful and arrogant behaviour. Good to see they didn't get let off the hook.  Actually we had some idiots on It's A Small World, back in October 2007, I told them to grow up and give them such a look, I must admit they did shut up!!  :o

Looking forward to your final day 5.... :D/

-breeno-

Ok here's the final day of the report, sorry in advance that its not that good and no pictures as all it we were doing was travelling home.

Day 5

Ok day 5 started pretty similar than other ones with breakfast, not in bed just normal breakfast.  After it we finished packing and just relaxed until the VEA coach came (we couldn't go to the parks because the next coach was at 10:00am and we had to be at CDG by 11:00am i think).  Anyway when we arrived in CDG we had a bit of time to kill before we could check-in, so we headed for the cafe place in terminal 1, got a quick bite to eat and a newspaper.  When we were just about finished my dad who just came back from a walk about (does that alot) told us that the check-in was open, so we rushed over to it, only to find a rather big queue for it :(  But thankfully it moved quick.  After check-in we proceeded to the shops, which weren't exactly France's finest but ah well.  After a look in the shops and going through security we headed for the departures lounge were they was a duty free and a cafe.  I didn't eat anything from the cafe but we got the last of the last minute shopping :P  As for the flight itself it was fine, had another chicken and stuffing sandwich which was lovely (did i mention i had one on the way to CDG?).  Only problem was a kid in front of us got his hands on two Pringles tins and started hitting with each other from about 3/4 of the flight until landing :P  When we landed back in rainy Belfast we went past passport control, got our luggage and then headed back to the car park for the car for the 2 hour drive back to Enniskillen.

And that concludes Breeno's 2008 trip report.  I hope you enjoyed it, please tell me what (if anything) you like about it and what you disliked.  Oh and sometime in the near future (perhaps later today) i will be posting all the photos in this report and more for my trip on my fotki page, links in my sig :)
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

MagicMaster

=D>

A great report -breeno-!

15MagicalYears

Well Done Brenno!
I throughly enjoyed it.
 =D>

And as for the inncidents, Last year (2007) I went on a school trip.  Euro Tour 2007, it consisted of traveling from Scotland down to hull where we boarded a ferry to Belgium ect. untill we arrived in Paris.

We visited Disneyland paris which was great but at the end of the day 3 kids (from our party) had gone missing so our Teacher went to town hall and all 43 of us waited just at the exit. Suddenly a toupe of characters came out. The sherife of Nottingham came over to us to give us special attention (we all had red caps on), a certain girl in our group was playing along with him but then suddenly tried to steal his money bag. He obviously didn't giver her the bag which resulted in him recieving a kick in the shin  :x

Then Tweedle dee+dum came to see what the commotion was, the girl wasn't getting any attention from Tweedle dee or dum so she decided to give Tweedle Dum a slap in the back of the head. A hard one too!   :oops:  One of the teachers then told her off and repetedly shouted "How would you like to be in a hot costume in the middle of a Themepark?"  :shock: Which just finnished it for me, "You can't say that" I replied.

ANYWAY

The point of that story is it's disgraceful how little respect youths have for others.

bigrossco

well done for such good reports and great pics, look forward for seing the rest of your pics sometime :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Loved it all Breeno, great report. Has really wetted my appetite for next week =D>

Thanks again :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

SophieD

hey -breeno- loved the trip report and all the photos!!

now i cannot wait for my trip in December!!

thanks for posting!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Javey74

Thanks for the final day of your trip report breeno....Like any, the last day is mostly about packing and returning home....Really sad part about the whole trip I find... :cry:  :cry:

I used to wonder when I hit this part of the holiday, where all the time had gone, it's true when the say "time flys when you're having fun"... :)

The return trip from entering CDG, never seems to really change does it... :mrgreen:

When you get home do you often think.....Oh I forgot I was going to get that before I left...But it's the usual "too late now", "have to wait till next time".... :roll:

Still, you can always look back on the good times, while you were there.... :D/  :D/  

Thanks for sharing your report as ever breeno... =D>  :D

Snow_White_Girl

Great TR Breeno! Really enjoyed reading it :) Can't believe the Phantom Manor incident - why on earth do people go to DLRP when they're gonna behave like that and deliberately spoil others' enjoyment?! I would have had a really hard time keeping civil, especially if they'd ruined Phantom Manor for me as it's my favourite ride!

\":lamp:\"

MizzRabbit

Great report Breeno! I was there the same time as you and did look for you but alas I didn't see you! Love all the pics you took! I'll start on my report today or tomorrow. :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]