Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

From 4th April 2009 to 7th March 2010

Mickey's Magical Party follows up the hugely successful 15th Anniversary with a brand new year-long celebration, as Mickey and his friends throw a gigantic, colourful party all over the resort including new shows, new cavalcades and a new attraction.

This topic is for all general discussion about Mickey's Magical Party, such as decorations, music, advertising, etc. Please discuss specific elements of the year-long celebration in their relevant topics listed below.

New Party Events:

It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends
        Musical character celebration show on a brand new Central Plaza Stage

Minnie's Party Train
        Redecorated
      Disney Characters' Express cavalcade with meet 'n' greets[/list]

It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland
        DJ Stitch teaches guests of all ages how to dance using special coloured mats

Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!
        Live puppet show attraction opening next door to
      Stitch Live! at the Studios[/list]

Disney's Stars 'n' Cars
        Famous Disney stars ride in highly-customised cars to an exclusive meet 'n' greet

Other Surprises:

Cinéma Mickey
        Videopolis Theatre presents classic Mickey Mouse cartoons

Also:
        • New Central Plaza Stage
        • Mickey Mouse themed decorations on Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant
        • Mickey Mouse banners on lampposts lining Main Street
      [/list][/list]

nathan.jackson

sounds good to me! Looking forward to seeing any changes to the castle!

littlemermaid83

Looks like I'll be booking a mid trip 2009 now  :lol:
      Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Clarebelle

how soon will the change over happen?
      5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
      Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Kinou

I saw the concept-art for the year event and its not looking good. Except for the new hub stage, the rest is awful and bad taste! This is worse than Toon Circus (will we ever see original Main Street ever again ? ? ? ). Too much colors, too much nonsense decorations all over the street, the Mark Twain etc...
      Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Quote from: "Kinou"I saw the concept-art for the year event and its not looking good. Except for the new hub stage, the rest is awful and bad taste! This is worse than Toon Circus (will we ever see original Main Street ever again ? ? ? ). Too much colors, too much nonsense decorations all over the street, the Mark Twain etc...

I've heard the show on Mark Twain has been cut out...  But I agree! Yuk!

Alpop

Repainting the character express.

Again!!

I'm not going to judge this yet as there is probably more to the whole project. Maybe this will also give us another excuse to book up.

Patrick

I very much dislike this idea, sounds, cheap tacky and well not the direction dlrp really want to be going after such an amazing anniversary celebration.  I personally feel Main Street would look better returning to normal and the stage is nice idea, but why can't they just use the Royal Castle Stage, I will never understand why they stopped using this stage in the first place. :?

Captain Pan

Now this poses a small dilemma....

Do I go in january and Catch the FInale of the Anniversary Celebrations or Do I wait until April and go for Mickey's Magical Party??

Either way this sounds nice...

but I don't know...

There doesn't seem enough (So Far) For this year.... I was there in February before the 15th Kicked off, with everything having banners highlighting what was coming up and the Numerous fences in both Parks (The Studios looked like a construction site not a Park) there was a sense of Change and Something rather Spectacular in the Air... (I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it then) there's something not quite right with these plans at the moment.... No real feeling that this will be WOW!

anthony2k6

I wonder what the "Magical" aspect will be? Would be great if they did something similar to "Year of a Million Dreams".

Kristof

It's just a name, don't expect anything major.   :)  It will not top the 15th Anniversary Celebrations at all.

penfold12

I'm dubious when you say modern not nostalgic, I have visions of the tacky TDL style. That would be such a shame after the style and class set by the 15th!

Anthony

Quote from: "anthony2k6"Would be great if they did something similar to "Year of a Million Dreams".
      No it wouldn't. A celebration that only a chosen few can be part of? Well, at least now you've reminded me of that, it makes Mickey's Psychedelic Mishmash of Bad Modern Design Party feel rather inviting. :mrgreen:

RockNRoller

I hope this doesn't mean they've seen increased figures during the 15th celebration so now the park is going to be on a permanent party theme. Love to see Main Street and the rest back to normal for a while.
      DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Maarten

From what I have heard and seen from Mickey's Magical Party, I'm not very impressed. Hopefully the trees at Central Plaza will survive when the Central Plaza Stage will get expanded. Why they don't use the Royal Castle Stage is beyond me. I dont understand why they keep the current 15 candles on the Castle either. It seems like such a tacky mismatch.  :roll:

Quote from: "RockNRoller"I hope this doesn't mean they've seen increased figures during the 15th celebration so now the park is going to be on a permanent party theme. Love to see Main Street and the rest back to normal for a while.

Exactly, and remember that the 20th Anniversary in 2012 will be less special aswell if they continue the party theme. They are focussing on the short term it seems. Bad idea. However, remember that after the 5th Anniversary, we got the Year of Disney Classics. I'm not sure if that turned out to be a succes? Well, in the end, I think an important factor for the 20th Anniversary to succeed is to build an d/e-ticket once again and promote it heavily.