Narnia character coming to WDS

Started by Kristof, October 09, 2005, 03:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

According to the latest Envie de +, the White Witch from the Narnia movie will be a walk around character at WDS.   :D

Anthony

Cooool!  :D

They should build a photo location set in Production Courtyard for the film, like the Chicken Little one.  It would fit nicely between CinéMagique and the TV Tour, or infront of the ToT fence...  :)

Anthony

According to DLRP themselves, a Narnia photo location will be open in WDS from December 8th!  :D

The White Witch will be out in the park meeting and greeting at the photolocation from December 8th 2005 to February 6th 2006 inclusive.

Kristof

The photolocation is currenlty being put together backstage and will be placed in front of the Rock 'n Roller Coaster.

Anthony

And here it is, being put together backstage:

source: http://www.dlrp.fr

My bet is that it's a snow-covered forest scene with a tall black lampost...  :)

The RNRC location is interesting... I was kinda expecting it to go somewhere near CinéMagique or up by the tram tour.  I suppose the harsh winter scene fits in better with the harsh grey buildings of Backlot...  :?

Edit: Whoa!  That fence is SO dirty!  Yeeuurk!!  :-#

Anthony

I forgot to mention - the White Witch is now staying until 4th June 2006, and not just until February as DLRP announced earlier!  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "Baloo"My bet is that it's a snow-covered forest scene with a tall black lampost...  :)
I was wrong! (Unsurprisingly)

It looks like it'll be some kind of ice cave...

(photos: dlrp.fr)

Anthony

This is the most spectacular photo location I have ever seen...

(photos: dlrp.fr)

And here's the White Witch herself:

(photos: Dark Vador, Disney Central Plaza)

She looks very scary - great costume, very like the one from the film.  The woman herself though looks like she has a bit too much make up on - maybe they should have chosen someone with naturally pale skin (like a British person? lol).  :wink:  This is the coolest meet 'n' greet so far though - I thought the huge Chicken Little one was pretty good, but they just keep getting better.  The fact that they keep building them and spending more and more on them must mean they have been very successful for the park.  :D   I wonder what's next for the meet n greets line-up?  The Shaggy Dog?  :lol:

maruychan

oh, she is wonderful  :shock:
what a costume!
<3

babybert

Excuse me dont diss my mate! SHE LOOKS FAB!!! Im kidding, every1 has their own opinion, its just i know the White Witch!

babybert

And one more thing she is British!!! I would imagine that if this is the first day then the cosmotology team done the make up... until every1 knows it

Anthony

Quote from: "babybert"Excuse me dont diss my mate! SHE LOOKS FAB!!! Im kidding, every1 has their own opinion, its just i know the White Witch!
Sorry!  :?  She does look great as the White Witch, and like I said - I just think the make up is a bit off.  And as you said yourself - the make up team do it the first few days anyway, so maybe it'll get better.  :wink:

Did they have auditions to find a suitable White Witch then?  Or did they just approach people already in the EPC who looked right?

babybert

Im guessing its the girls approved for maleficent or cruella possibly, as the girl playing white witch plays maleficent also. Im waiting for my friend on msn who plays maleficent i will ask her who does it.

Aladdin

To me she does not look like the White Witch. WDW has the same problem with the make-up the face is much whiter then the rest of the body. I am  not a fan of her wig  its not like the movie  but its DLRP they try there very best not to do there wigs the way the co. wants them  ex for Belle  that they do ok with (I am very picky about the wigs and characters over all)  ( this was not sent to upset anyone in any way at all its just my thought)
Aladdin
Trouble? No way. You\'re only in
trouble if you get caught  --------
----- I\'m in trouble!

Aladdin

if anyone would like i can post some pic i took from WDW Narnia "set "
Trouble? No way. You\'re only in
trouble if you get caught  --------
----- I\'m in trouble!