How about a Chinese Restaurant in DLRP ?

Started by Pete's Dragon, July 11, 2008, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Doesn't it seem about time that there was a Chinese Restaurant somewhere in DLRP ?
You can get Mexican, Italian, American , so why not Chinese ?
Imagine a Pagoda-styled building serving the best of oriental cuisine. Why not through in Minnie dresses in a kimono ? With all the rumours of Starbucks coming to the Village, wouldn't a new themed restaurant be more profitable ? I know which one I'd rather have.......

Aveen2008

That sounds like a really great idea:)! I love Chinease food and actually never noticed before that it was missing. I think it would be great to add another cultural eating spot to the parks:)

xoxoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

Pete's Dragon

I've been thinking, why not a Chinese themed hotel. Build it beside Newport, and have the restaurant at the front, overlooking the lake. Now that would be magical !

davewasbaloo

They used to serve Chinese food at the Cheyenne, as well as at Col Hathis (when it was the Explorers Club).  It clearly did not sell.

If you are at DLP and want chinese, hop on the train or bus to Val D'Europe, there is an awesome chinese restaurant there and much cheaper than the Disney offerings too!
since 2001 (many before that)

CJNorth

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"They used to serve Chinese food at the Cheyenne, as well as at Col Hathis (when it was the Explorers Club).  It clearly did not sell.

Perhaps that was because it was not very good. I remember feeling a little disappointed with the food in this restaurant (Col Hathis/Explorers Club), but it was a long while ago.
Carl

Pete's Dragon

right, i've cracked it. A Chinese restaurant in the Disney Studios. An exact replica of Mann's Chinese Theatre, complete with handprints in the concrete outside the entrance. Totally in keeping with the whole theme of the park, a match made in hollywood heaven !!! :D

The Butlin Boy

I'm all for a Chinese restaurant in DLRP. Of course, the first two character that come too mind when you mention this are Mulan and Mushu..... :wink:

Anthony

Moved to Imagineering.

There used to be rumours all the time about proper Italian and Chinese restaurants in Disney Village. Maybe one day. For the parks, I'll also suggest Adventureland. Maybe it could take ideas from At World's End and be a Singapore rival to the Blue Lagoon?

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"I've been thinking, why not a Chinese themed hotel. Build it beside Newport, and have the restaurant at the front, overlooking the lake. Now that would be magical !
The Disney Hotels are meant to be all American themes, so I wouldn't go for that one.

By the way, welcome to magicforum Pete's Dragon!

Javey74

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I'm all for a Chinese restaurant in DLRP. Of course, the first two character that come too mind when you mention this are Mulan and Mushu..... :wink:
Yeah, great idea, they could put it right where Starbucks might be..  :lol: :mrgreen:

Pete's Dragon

perfect position (please no starbucks!!!)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"I'm all for a Chinese restaurant in DLRP. Of course, the first two character that come too mind when you mention this are Mulan and Mushu..... :wink:

wow i would totally love that!! I love Mulan! I see they are selling soft toys of Mushu in DLRP:) I was all happy hehe, I think Mulan is great!:) Love the song Reflections! Sorry I am totally off the plott here but a Mulan themed Chinease restraunt would be great and yummy! ;)

xoxoxox
Luv Aveen xoxo

burntsienna

aww yeah
maybe they could call it Mushu's Dragon Dinner =] lol
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Pete's Dragon

If they did, I'd love to see the destroyed ruins of the great stone dragon at the entrance 8)

burntsienna

aww yeah that would be amazing!
i think they should do it :mrgreen:

burntsienna

the could also maybe call it The Pedastool.
=]