Water Effects

Started by evil cod, July 02, 2008, 05:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil cod

From when I was little in the park there were 3 water effects that stuck in my head
the first one being Alice's jumping fountains
then there being the Water splash on Big thunder mountain
and then I vaguely remember geyser eruptions behind Phantom Manor

The last 2 times I have been (the only times since becoming an adult physically, still mentally about 6) which was last October and the Febuary none of the above 3 have been working/on. Does anyone know why? do they ever work? will they work come summer?

never2old

I think maybe the jumping water in the laberynth doesn't work in the winter? I know it seems to be always working when I've been on nice sunny days, but otherwise it seems to be off... Or maybe it was just a coincidence?

As far as I can remember the splash in BTM was working fine, I know I managed to take nice pics of it last June - but maybe it's also turned off (or weaker) in the winter?

The geyser, again I saw it in June, and it was the first time I had seen it working in a long long time... Hopefully it's still there!

Kristof

All water effects and fountains are turned off during the winter months.  Usually in the beginning of April everything is turned on again.  Sadly all but the geysers are working at this moment.

Kellogs

The water splash wasn't working on BTM when I visited in April :( Made me very sad, because it looks so cool when it does work! The water squirts in alice were working though :)

Disneyland Paris Treasures

We were in DLRP end of May and only Alice's fountains were working (they worked fine though!).

I asked one of the BTM castmembers why the splash is off and he told me it is off because the water splash is is too dangerous for the River Rogue Keelboats!

By the way, there was one other water effect that I was missing: the one at the end of Pirates, where the skeleton is steering in the storm. I remember that there was a really impressing water effect there, it was like it was raining with really stormy wind. It made the whole scene very dark and really impressive. But now there was almost no wind and no rain at all. I really hope this was just because it wasn't summer yet, because the scene lost so much atmosphere this way.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Mobi"By the way, there was one other water effect that I was missing: the one at the end of Pirates, where the skeleton is steering in the storm. I remember that there was a really impressing water effect there, it was like it was raining with really stormy wind. It made the whole scene very dark and really impressive. But now there was almost no wind and no rain at all. I really hope this was just because it wasn't summer yet, because the scene lost so much atmosphere this way.

The storm effect was working last week, and on one memorable day, it appeared to be on hose mode: It literally emitted a continuous stream of water and splashed everyone full on in the face. All I could think was that at least my mother and her beehive hairdo weren't there...

NeilC

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Mobi"By the way, there was one other water effect that I was missing: the one at the end of Pirates, where the skeleton is steering in the storm. I remember that there was a really impressing water effect there, it was like it was raining with really stormy wind. It made the whole scene very dark and really impressive. But now there was almost no wind and no rain at all. I really hope this was just because it wasn't summer yet, because the scene lost so much atmosphere this way.

The storm effect was working last week, and on one memorable day, it appeared to be on hose mode: It literally emitted a continuous stream of water and splashed everyone full on in the face. All I could think was that at least my mother and her beehive hairdo weren't there...

I was there on Monday and the storm effect was working then. And it soaked me as well!!  :D

esmeralda

I really miss the fountains  outside of "It's a small world"!! They haven't been working for years.. :(
Either they've been switched off or simply didn't work correctly. The same with the ones in front of hotel New York...
Any concerning good news? [-o<
Julia

Kristof

Quote from: "esmeralda"I really miss the fountains  outside of "It's a small world"!! They haven't been working for years.. :(
Either they've been switched off or simply didn't work correctly. The same with the ones in front of hotel New York...
Any concerning good news? [-o<

I've seen the fountains in front of the IASW façade work last time and all the times before.  They are switched off in the winter.  Same goes for the ones in front of Hotel New York...  :-k

esmeralda

I mostly visit DLRP in summer - high season... I'm glad to hear that they're working!! :D
Concerning the New York fountains, they are pretty low(if you know what I mean) comparing to previous years, is there a reason??
Julia

Kristof

I have seen them like this for more than 5 years now.  I can dig up old photos to prove!  Maybe they were higher in the early years.

esmeralda

Yes, they are lower since years, I just wonder why they changed that. I'm always curious for reasons :D
Julia