What about an Annual Ball? only for adults :D

Started by Tinkerbelle, April 25, 2008, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbelle

I was watching Enchanted, and came up with the idea, an Annual Ball would be the opportunity for us grownups to be princess/prince for one night...
The only requirement would be for those attending to wear fancy-ettiquete attires, or a costume for that matter (depending on if it's going to have a theme or not)
the music? an orchestra playing the most famous disney tunes, and the night would include a cocktail-like buffet, and dancing until at least 3 AM...

it would be kind of the "Disney on Classic" concert from Japan (those who don't know it click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6BmNbAQITI it has the highest-quality orchestra!) but with a ball only intended for adults

All of disney famous couples would be there dancing, maybe at the candleabration stage, and leading the dance of course...
and the night would end up with a special fireworks show (well, that wouldn't be possible that late because of the nearby villages i guess)

i would LOVE that! i would feel royalty or a disney princess at last!!!
ow... I HOPE THEY STEAL MY IDEA!!!  :lol:  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<  [-o<

Moglygirl

O my gosh I would love that! does 21 count as adult? hope hope hope

davewasbaloo

They did try this a few years ago and it did not really succeed (though the advertising was really poor).  Just like the Big Band Dance party at the Hotel New York in the early years.  Also history :-(

My wife and I dressed as Melanie Ravenswood and the Phantom for the Halloween Soiree about 9 years ago and waltzed in the gazebo on Main Street.  We had cast members asking for pictures and all sorts, it was wonderful.  So much so, we were asked to waltz in PM and gladly obliged!
since 2001 (many before that)

Clarebelle

thats a FANTASTIC idea!!!!!
I really want to go to one now :-(
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

I really like the idea, sounds great.........but........... in order to be a proper ball, you would need to be good dancers, and that I ain't.  You would need to be able to waltz, slow step, polka and many other variations to look as though you know what you are doing with many others on a ballroom floor.  :roll:

If I could dance like they do in the films, it would be great, being able to play the part aswell as look it.  But to be honest I would need a beginners of beginners course first... :lol:  :lol:

Clarebelle

Quote from: "javey74"I really like the idea, sounds great.........but........... in order to be a proper ball, you would need to be good dancers, and that I ain't.  You would need to be able to waltz, slow step, polka and many other variations to look as though you know what you are doing with many others on a ballroom floor.  :roll:

If I could dance like they do in the films, it would be great, being able to play the part aswell as look it.  But to be honest I would need a beginners of beginners course first... :lol:  :lol:

I just wanted a dress :-( you've ruined it now lol  :)
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Javey74

A funny thought just occurred, imagine the forum members joining up together, picking a partner and practising...... :lol: