Disney's Halloween Festival 2008

Started by Kristof, June 19, 2008, 12:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanMouse

Quite frankly, Ariel's not realistic enough as an Audio Animatronic in that shot... :lol:

never2old

The entertainment guide for this week has been published in the DLRP website (until 10/10), they have the times of the Halloween shows and characters meet 'n' greets!

Other than the expected things (Minnie & the Batboys, Goofy & the Magic Pot, etc) they mention something called the Splatchmobile, happening in Thunder Mesa.

Does anyone know what that is?? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere!!

Anthony

Quote from: "never2old"Other than the expected things (Minnie & the Batboys, Goofy & the Magic Pot, etc) they mention something called the Splatchmobile, happening in Thunder Mesa.

Does anyone know what that is?? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere!!
From the name, I'd guess some kind of mobile Pumpkin paint machine meet 'n' greet. It rolls into Thunder Mesa and you can meet the pumpkin men... perhaps. Just guessing. :)

chilly1978

I am SO EXCITED!

Japper

omg, check out TDL sally! And madame leota

The Butlin Boy

Hahaha! Madame Leota is brilliant! :lol:

zanderstarz

Quote from: "Japper"omg, check out TDL sally! And madame leota[/img]

Awww cute, but sadly...not official. Probably the work of a fan or a guest.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

Anthony

On DLRP Today.com, a partner of magicforum, we're lucky enough to be able to present exclusive English versions of Jérémie Noyer's "Media Magic" interviews with the people who make the magic happen, behind the scenes at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Well, Disney's Halloween Festival began yesterday and right on-time, Jérémie shares his fascinating interview with Emmanual Lenormand, the director of the season! Learn about how the festival is crafted months in advance - not to mention a whole load of secrets and brand new information about the Not-So-Scary and Halloween Night parties!

Here it is:

A few highlights:

QuoteAbout the introduction of Jack & Sally] Did you think about the Haunted Mansion Holiday – which is very successful in the US- when imagining that event?

It was mentioned, but it's no priority at the moment. Our idea is first and foremost to celebrate Halloween with artists and new characters for everybody to meet, and I think there are better things we can do than locating everything around Phantom Manor
QuoteThe idea is to make a single parade out of the pre-parade and Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade.

We noticed that, in the past, guests had to wait a certain amount of time between the pre-parade and the parade. So, we sped things up. It was a huge work to create the new music mix, just as if we added a new unit to Disney's Once Upon A Dream Parade – a pretty orange one! There will be 25+ Pumpkins: Men, Ladies, kids, policemen – the whole village! Then, we created a float that perfectly fits the concept of Jack & Sally, very rural and pulled by dark horses.
QuoteDisney Villains' Halloween Showtime comes back this year, but with new surprises, I guess...

Shan-Yu for me is such an amazing character when you see him live. He was brilliantly treated in Mulan, the animated feature, and he's physically scary for our guest! In the show, he's fighting Radcliffe on the music of Pocahontas' Savages. Just for fun, of course!
Quote...along with the Crypt Quintet, which I had created last year, that is specialized in the music of The Nightmare Before Christmas. They'll play that repertoire nearby Jack & Sally at Boot Hill, during their meet 'n' greet!
QuoteThe concept of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties was created in America. How did you adapt it to Europe?

I decided that, during these parties, guests meet incredible and magical characters. In that vein, I created a brand-new show, Merlin and the Witch Academy, to be played at Castle Courtyard. There will also be a magic show at Fantasy Festival Stage, during which a magician will enter the Hundred-Acre Wood to do tricks. Winnie and his friends will all be there, along with the Queen of Hearts who will be strolling around Fantasyland with an armada of incredible, red, white and black toys and other fabulous characters like fire jugglers.

Even Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant will be re-decorated, with new signs and flags. The background music will be changed also, to bring a new feeling to Fantasyland. It'll be a "Happy, happy, happy, happy Halloween", with everybody clapping their hands!
Quote[About the 31st Party fireworks] It won't be just a fireworks display this year...

Actually, I call it "my 3D show" since there will be fireworks, performances and projections. Three kinds of show at the same time, and it will be called Mickey Presents: Halloween Magic in the Sky. And I'm especially proud to have Sorcerer Apprentice Mickey as our host that night! He'll get out his magic spellbook, from which all the spirits of Halloween will be raised.

Then begins a pyrotechnic medley with ghosts dancing on stage to that rhythm. Jack & Sally will be there, too! At the moment, we're working intensely on that! It's a "one-shot", you know! We only get once chance. I think it'll be a memorable night.
There's also a lot about the 'Terrorific Night' at the Studios, which sounds pretty special, and he mentions that they want to do even more after-hours parties in future!

Read the full interview...

TowMater

Any videos of the pre parade?
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

davewasbaloo

If you guys can get across, please do.  In many respects I think this is the best Halloween ever.  Jack and Sally were really in character, the shows were great, the music, the face painting, the merchandise, the rockers and goths - awesome!!!!!  I don't want to go to work this morning!
since 2001 (many before that)

Riebi

Wow that sounds really great!  :D/  I think I should go to the trip reports section and waiting for your trip report! Sounds like a great time!  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

benjy

i've just got back and the parade is great!! but i left my video camera on the coach so i couldn't take a video of it!!  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)  ](*,)
The pumkin men and women were all round the park causing havoc and were stopping for pictures and stuff!!
everything was great about it but charectors express wen i saw it didnt seem much different!!!
and the music in parks was very halloweeny with halloween lo ween around every corner it was in my head all the way home!! :D

WELL DONE DLRP =D>  =D>  =D>
Working xmas 2012!!! \":D\"

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "benjy"and the music in parks was very halloweeny with halloween lo ween around every corner it was in my head all the way home!! :D

WELL DONE DLRP =D>  =D>  =D>

Funny, I've had the This is Halloween/Grim Grinning Ghost mix in my head!
since 2001 (many before that)

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "TowMater"Any videos of the pre parade?

Hey guys!

I will post up Pictures ASAP and video of the Disney Pre-parade!At the moment im posting this comment from the new york hotel from my room!=p,and have till sunday here!Yeapeeeeeeeee!

I will try to post them tonight if possible!Btw-the pre parade is just AMAZING!:) :twisted:

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!

Finnaly here are some 'sweet' pictures of the Disney Halloween Pre-parade which I took on Monday 6th October 2008!
HOPE YOU LIKE! :twisted:
PS-Video Of Pre-Parade will be posted soon!Don't Worry! :P