Motors Action - Environmentally friendly???

Started by CafeFantasia, June 13, 2008, 02:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Hi,

With the importance today of things being environmentally friendly, is it responsible to have an attraction like Motors Action? I mean, purely for entertainment purposes, they're guzzling through lots of petrol, burning things, polluting the air with smoke, etc. That show must use a  lot of fuel. It actually seems kind of disrespectful to the Planet. Does anyone know what I mean?

Nala_84

I can understand you. I'm sure the show isn't very environmentally friendly, maybe they could get better (hybrid?) motors or something or have less shows a day?!

I love the show anyways and when we worry about that, there's surely other critics that Disney does ignore...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

smurfy74

the show is only on a few times a day, and for minutes rather than hours, im sure they use hardly anything, especially if you compared it to the carbon emitted from everyone driving to the resort. ( i go by train - so i can take the moral high ground ,lol ). So i reckon that the show isnt that bad, plus its not like its inside a theatre where the airconditioning is on using up yet more electricity. :lol:

Owain

Quote from: "smurfy74"So i reckon that the show isnt that bad, plus its not like its inside a theatre where the airconditioning is on using up yet more electricity. :lol:
Ye thats the thing, although the cars are using petrol, imagine all the emissions coming from the resorts power, cause that ovbiously is powered by fuel too  :roll:

CafeFantasia

Ok, well I just thought it was an interesting point that should be raised.

I wonder what the most power hungry attraction is at Disneyland Resort Paris? Perhaps the Tower of Terror? Or maybe the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

I wonder if attractions in the future will require some kind of energy efficiency rating? Disney used to boast about how much power certain attractions used. But those days are surely over.

Anthony

Quote from: "Alan"I wonder if attractions in the future will require some kind of energy efficiency rating? Disney used to boast about how much power certain attractions used. But those days are surely over.
Oh yes indeed. They used to trumpet that "should Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fire off at the same time at MGM Studios, the entire park's power grid could shut down" (although they built an extra substation to compensate).

I suppose almost everything about Disneyland isn't very environmentally friendly -- leaving the lights on all night, the power-hungry attractions, the "throw away" culture of a lot of things like the fast food and park maps. It is meant to be a very rare experience though, unlike say the people who drive 2 miles to work and back every day.

I'm sure I read somewhere 50% of rubbish is recycled, which is actually seriously impressive. They do also have this "environmentality" scheme starring Jiminy Crickett which is used around the place. I'm not sure what it means though.

Nicholas-c

The thing is it will use alot less fuel than a normal car doing the same thing because they have small motorbike engines and are about the same weight as a motorbike, So it really isn't that bad on fuel i imagine
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

ford prefect

"We recycle 39% of our daily waste, including paper, cardboard, glass, cooking oil, scrap metal, electrical equipment, green waste and animal manure. We encourage Cast Members to use less paper and to sort waste at source, thereby rendering recycling easier and more efficient.

Batteries and paint are treated separately and in line with best practice to protect the environment. In 2006, 3.4 tons of batteries were recycled, thanks to the placement of collection boxes in all shops and support zones frequented by employees and Guests. A dedicated settling tank allows the liquid and solid elements of used paint to be treated and recycled separately."
http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/co ... ndex.xhtml
The above was copied and pasted from the Eurodisney SCA website.

As far as Motor Action goes, the cars are essentially motorbikes and emit more noise than fumes!  The flames are of more concern, as is the "dragon" in STT.

Personally, I think the gardens and trees more than offset the emissions.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Javey74

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"The thing is it will use alot less fuel than a normal car doing the same thing because they have small motorbike engines and are about the same weight as a motorbike, So it really isn't that bad on fuel i imagine
This is very true.. :wink: If it wasn't it would cost them a fortune... :wink:

CafeFantasia

Ok, good answers all round :-)

While we're on the subject, if fuel prices keep increasing, perhaps less families will be able to afford to fly to Walt Disney World in Florida. So, maybe that'll be good for Disneyland Resort Paris? Maybe that'll be the reason the 3rd park finally gets built.

MadHatter

Come on...This is Disney, Disney is Hollywood and Hollywood doesn't care about environment.