Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Starbucks Coffee

Opening date: June 2009
Project status: Now Open!

Starbucks is an American coffeehouse chain with thousands of coffeehouses worldwide.  A Starbucks is already located in Val d'Europe near Disneyland Resort Paris.  

Member Kinou announced on 11 June 2008 on the magicforum that the Disney Village Starbucks would replace the highly themed Buffalo Trading Company store.

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

I for one would love to see a nice coffee shop at the village, so it would be nice if the rumour is true.

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Clarebelle

QuoteMember Kinou announced on 11 June 2008 on the magicforum that the Disney Village Starbucks would replace the highly themed Buffalo Bill's Trading Company.

We (me and CowenJ) have always felt that Disney is missing a Coffee place, but it will be a shame to wave goodbye to Buffalo Bill's Trading Co :-( I will miss that place
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

dagobert

I hope, if the rumour is true, that the Starbucks will get some theming inside and outside, but I don't think so. Maybe it is a franchise and Disney or Group Flo (I'm not sure if this is the right name) operates the coffee-shop. We have been to Universal's City Walk in Orlando and they have a Starbucks there. We wanted to use our gift card, but they didn't accept it, because it is a franchise and the coffee-shop is not owned by Starbucks Corp.

littlemermaid83

Eww i hate coffee, does Starbucks only sell coffee?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

peep

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Eww i hate coffee, does Starbucks only sell coffee?

No, they do all sort of drinks with most of them selling snacks like sandwiches and biscuits too.

I love their frappacinos (sp?), its an ice based drink, lots of different flavors.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

littlemermaid83

Thats ok then, i hope the place doesnt smell of coffee though.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

I like the idea of a decent coffee place at the Village, but not to replace my favorite shop in the Village!!!  My god, the amount of detheming that has been taking place, this would really make me lose a lot of faith. How about replacing the Sport/Fashion Store or even the Deli since they ruined the place a few years ago making it a sandwich store instead of the true deli it once was.

Or reopen the coffee kiosk in front of the Hotel New York
since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

Humph. Euro Disney giveth, Euro Disney taketh away... Why can't they ever grant a wish without ruining something else at the same time? That store is indeed one of the nicest ones in the Village.

I would like to add though that Starbucks, especially in Europe, seems to be very picky about its locations. Have you ever seen a Starbucks in an exceptionally ugly building? I haven't. So in light of that, I don't really see them agree to either side of the Disney Village thoroughfare, which, let's be honest, still constitutes some of the worst architecture in France. They'd also probably want a building in a pleasant, tasteful color, not, say, bright orange!

The initial rumor, which hinted at a separate building near the lake, seems a lot more believable, and even Davewasbaloo's Hotel New York idea seems more like something Starbucks would agree to stick their name on.

But hey, Kinou knows his stuff, so I suppose DLP might have the world's ugliest Starbucks soon.

Soap

Starbucks = Yes ( Or at least a decent and cousy coffee shop for DV  :) )
Rumoured location = No!!! ( What a shame to even think about replcacing it.  :| )
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Soap"Starbucks = Yes ( Or at least a decent and cousy coffee shop for DV  :) )
Rumoured location = No!!! ( What a shame to even think about replcacing it.  :| )
I know its a crime to even consider it! that shop must make big bucks for them after a show so why get rid of it?

never2old

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Or reopen the coffee kiosk in front of the Hotel New York

That would be a great location for it!!

I'm a big fan of Starbucks, and we don't have it here in Luxembourg - so it's one of the first places we go to when we're in a proper city like Paris, London or Madrid where they do have them... So having one in the DV would be great  [-o< !! The one in Val d'Europe is just too far away, I'm not going to go just for that! But I do stop over in the DV if we're driving somewhere and go past it, normally for lunch, or just a break, even if we're not going to the parks... So we could have lunch in Annette's, and coffee in Starbucks!! Just perfect  :D

ford prefect

clarabelle makes a very good point.

The wild west theme in that section of the village is very strong.  However, on the opposite side of the village is a brand new outside seating area.

It does not make retail sense to build a coffee bar opposite a seating area, forcing your customers to walk across or against the flow of people traffic.

Further, New York Sandwiches offers a ready made spot and facilities right next to said new seating area.

Also since all of us are so upset about the possible demise of Buffalo Trading Co. Howabout a petition?

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Thats ok then, i hope the place doesnt smell of coffee though.

I think there maybe a slight aroma :lol:  :lol:
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Clarebelle

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Thats ok then, i hope the place doesnt smell of coffee though.

How can you not like the smell of coffee, I love it (probably coz i'm a coffee addict lol) wish it was Caffe Nero instead though :-( their hot chocs are the best!

QuoteAlso since all of us are so upset about the possible demise of Buffalo Trading Co. Howabout a petition?

would it really make a difference? and has it been confirmed yet? sorry if I'm a bit slow lol

Stitch

I had a hot choc from Neros once... ordered a large one too... it came in a bucket, not a mug! It was AMAZING!

I LOVE the smell of coffee, it's one of my favourite smells along with baked bread, vanilla and um... anything sweet really!

I would love for there to be a SB at DV, but don't want the BTC to go! :( :cry:
-Jenn@