Disney Movie Videogames

Started by mehdi5, June 07, 2008, 10:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehdi5

You know games based on movies, like POTC 3, the Incredibles and POTC2. Has anyone noticed the games seem a lot rushed. I recently played POTC3 on Wii and PS3 and i have to say the PS3 version was way better. Just saying because it had better picture etc. But why does Disney rush all these movie games if they can take more time. They have they're own games division so they don't have to ask an other developer. Like movies like Pirates, National Treasure and other Disney movies wouldn't be as good as they are now if they we're rushed, so why do they rush videogames? Anyone have thoughts about this?

Captain Pan

Movie Tie-Ins are normally part of the money taking process for most movies these days... And Believe me after working for a games retailer for the past 3 years... I have seen my fair share of movie tie ins released... And it just so happens that when they are released they prove to be utter rubbish... Although I did think PotC3 was a fairly decent game.

Your Comment about the differences between the PS3 and Wii, unlike the PS3 game that was a ported version of the 360 title... The Wii Had only been on the market for just under a year (think it was 9 months in Europe) and manufacturers and developers were and still are grappling with the capabilities of the wii and the Wii-Mote.

It is true Disney Interactive have started to release titles... many of which will tie in with the cinematic releases, and with these tie ins it is manly the plot (post cutting room) that is the I'm guessing problem for developers, and the Ability to keep losely to the story from the movie... And with movies coming out of certain studios only months after going in it could be tat there is a defunct lack of time therefore we suffer... as the workmanship of the developers can't be called shoddy given the time we get a decent game.